Ratings for Dr. Antonio M. Pessegueiro

Compassionate, courteous, professional. Happy to have as my doc in the hospital.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

Dr. P is caring and smart. Very patient too with my mom who has dementia and had a urinary infection in the hospital last month. He called a few days after leaving the hospital to make sure things were okay. He only works in the hospital but I wish he had an outpatient practice we could go to.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

Dr. Pessegueiro and UCLA saved my life! I was transferred to UCLA from my local hospital because of fevers that wouldn't go away and that no one could figure out back home. Immediately, Dr. Pessegueiro and his medical team thought outside the box and came up with a diagnosis and treatment within a few days. Doctors at the other hospital said I would die in a matter of weeks if we didn't figure it out. 2 years later, I'm healthy and happy.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

Dr. Pessegueiro was my attending doctor at UCLA while I was admitted for 4 days. He was very cocky & did not listen. He misread my chart (that I was in the hospital 1 month prior when it was 1 year prior). When I corrected him, he continued w/his treatment plan w/out reconsidering (w/the mistake in time). The morning after being discharged, I was in a lot of pain. I paged the Dr. 2x over 2 hours, I had not heard back after several hours. A regular Dr of mine @ UCLA paged/emailed him as well asking him to call me. My call was not returned but emailed my other doctor (w/no helpful information). The next day I was in more pain. I paged him 2x over the course of 2 hours. 4 hours later (& another attempt from my other Dr) my call was returned. Dr. Pessegueiro seemed very irritated, he told me to go to urgent care in the AM--or the ER if my pain was that bad. The way he acts, I can't imagine he actually cares about people. I was afraid & this Dr abandon me. I would avoid this "doctor".

Submitted October 20, 2011

Dr. Antonio M. Pessegueiro's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)