Ratings for Dr. Rachel Chong

Dr. Chong is very pleasant. She is clear and the appointments go very quickly. I like quick appointments, but I never felt rushed by Dr, Chong. She would answer any question I had and make sure to answer all questions before I left. She may be a bit socially awkward, which might account for some of the negative reviews, but that kind of thing doesn't bother me as long as she is competent and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr. Chong is such a caring doctor. She's taken care of my husband for years and now that I need a diabeetes doctor I asked for her. I'm so happy she was able to see me. I couldn't disagree more with the comment below saying that she doesn't take time to listen. When I'm in the office, I always feel I have her complete attention. She is so pashent and answers every last question. If she is looking at her computer its because she is conshienshous and wants to have all the right medical info. Can't ask for a better caring doc!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

She's horrible could care less spends more time typing then actually listening bed side manner pathetic

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Most amazing doctor I have ever had. She took the time to answer all my questions for me. I was really grateful for her patience. She works really hard for you and goes the extra mile to get information for you and set you up with the right people to help you. I found that she was also really organized and paid attention to small details. I have never left her office feeling confused, her instructions are clear. If you are ever kept waiting you know that it's because she always makes sure that she has all her bases covered with you. She seems to try a lot harder to take care of you and does a lot more than my other doctors. I also feel that she respects me as a person, she never puts me down or makes me feel like I don't matter. Actually she makes me feel that she actually cares about me and my health. I don't feel embarassed to ask her things, she makes me feel that comfortable. I give her my full recommendation. She's a great person and not just a great doc. By the way, I've been seeing her for 7 yrs so I know her really well. I have enjoyed every visit with her, even though it's a doctor's visit. Hope you have the chance to have her as a doctor. She's the best there is.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I've had type 2 diabetes for 12 years. Me and my husband both see Dr. Chong for this. I first have to say Iuv her secretary, Christie. She is so nice and always works so hard to get me an appointment that works. When I first met Dr. Chong, I was a little intimidated becuz she seemed so smart with her Harvard degree and Johns Hopkin degree. But once I started talking to her, she was so nice. She was really patient with me and took extra time to explain things to me. A really good bedside manner. My husband and I both really like her...and trust me that's all we agree on. It is also surprised me that she always asked how my family was doing and even remembered by 3 year grandson's name. She's a superdoc and anyone would be lucky to get in her clinic because she's in high demand.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I am a type 1 diabetic and have been a patient of Dr Chong for over 5 year now. I wanted to write a review for Dr Chong because I have been putting up with her antics for to long and want future patients to research other endocrinologist in the region. Firstly, I feel bad for Dr Chongs secretary because she is the front line to the "CHONG" show which cant be easy. She is unpleasant to say the least and extremely unfriendly with a touch of superficial happiness in her tone. After getting past the secretary you then have to deal with the business appointment afterwards. Dr Chong sits behind her over sized desk and talks into the computer which is fine if your an accountant. While awkwardly sitting in the chair looking around the room at her plethora of educational documents on her walls I always find myself wounder if she had less education behind her would that make her a better health care provider? Lastly, at the end of the 5 minute appointment she hands me another blood work form and I'm on my way out the door and back to the secretary wondering if ill get an appointment 4 months down the road. I am currently researching other endocrinologist at this point and am fearful because there seems to be a limited amount of them in my area. -BTW she doesn't do phone or fax prescription refills so if you accidentally run out your screwed...I'm not lying this happened to me and had to pay out at shoppers and walk into the office which is only open 2 days a week for Rachel.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Office is slow Dr rushes you have been waiting for 45 minutes.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I came 10 minutes late as I couldn't find parking , I called the horrible receptionist to tell her of this and she said that would be okay why didn't she tell me then the doctor can't see me? When I went up she said your late the doctor can't see you. I waited three months for this appointment but they didn't care. The receptionist is horrible she lacks the customer service piece she definitely needs to be replaced as she doesn't know how to talk to people. Horrible experience

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

She has a medical degree from Harvard and a post doc from Johns Hopkins. It doesn't get any better than that. She is compassionate and explains everything. She is great.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

May 22, 2015 Rachel is and excellent doctor. Her receptionist is the most incompetent individual I've ever spoken to in a doctors office.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015