Ratings for Dr. Darren Van Dam

Doesn't seem too in depth in his knowledge, yet comes across as really arrogant. Horrible listening skills and even judgemental at times. I always try to get in with someone else.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I have to agree with most of what was written by the person on Oct. 17,2013 and also by the person on Jan. 15 2013. Dr Van Dam is pleasant enough but if you want to feel like a pupil sent to the principals office than he is the Dr for you. I found him to be very condescending and he loves to talk down to you. I would never consider going back to him again. I think my cats Vet would be a better choice. Submitted April 29, 2017

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr. Van Dam is a very good family Dr. His clinic is a teaching center for UWO and often times you will see Dr.s in training. My experience has been positive and if you need him he is accessible. In a recent situation he called my home even before I was out of hospital. Follow up was awesome and he has given me the confidence to get past a very negative situation. His nurse and staff are always helpful in looking after our family. If he doesn't have the answer he gets you to a specialist. I have no hesitation recommending him highly. Just remember it is a teaching facility.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Would not recommend. Rarely meets with patients. Scheduled an operation with Dr. Van Dam, following a consultation appointment with him. On examination day, Dr. Van Dam decided he would no longer be comfortable preforming the operation. Not, in my opinion, professional.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Excellent Found problem's other Doctor's ignored.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Excellent experience meeting with Van Dam. He listened to me. He explained what he thought was the problem then explained in detail the steps needed to diagnose and then the possible outcomes/treatment options based on the results. I felt that he was careful not to over simplify my concerns. The part that influenced my rating the most was that he treated me as an individual... I wish I could say the same about my regular doctor (he was filling-in for my regular doctor).

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

He listened to my concerns, followed up on them and was very respectful, the more I meet with him the better the relationship is, as he is getting to know me and how I communicate my concerns, etc. Love the other staff in the clinic as well!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I agree completely with the poster above (1/15/13). Nice guy, easy to talk to. Decent doc, but quite condescending, makes up his mind about you, or the issue right away, and no discussing it after that. NOT breastfeeding friendly. His clinic is great though, can always get an appointment quickly, and the nurses and reception are great. I'm looking for another doctor...

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

I found Dr Van Dam to be personable but quite closed minded. Only allopathic medicine will do. I am looking for a doctor who thinks outside the box along with typical medicine. Dr Van Dam is not one who does. I felt talked down to, after telling him I went to see a naturopath.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

By far the best doctor I have ever had.He is caring, knowledgable,takes his time.I only hope he never leaves the clinic.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012