Ratings for Dr. Ryan Sander

Been seeing Dr. Sander for about six years. I agree with the comment below from June 1, 2017: Started off good but has been getting worse in certain ways since then. Also the Jan 21, 2016 comment: great if you're generally healthy, but . . . he is never on time, frequently forgets what you're there for, is always rushed and quick to conclusions. He did correctly spot a thyroid nodule three years ago and followed up on ultrasounds and specialist referrals, which led to my thyroid eventually being removed. Unless he has flagged something as important for himself, I suspect he tends to just go through the formalities. I once booked a half hour for a general physical, had ten questions written down, waited 45 minutes AFTER waiting in the waiting area a half hour, and within five minutes his hand was on the door anxious to leave me. I had to protest that I still had unanswered questions, most of which he dismissed as not important. So if you can stand your ground and advocate for yourself and get his attention, he's OK. Otherwise, I'd advise looking for someone more sympathetic.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

He is very knowledgeable and he takes all the time he need to make sure you are getting the right treatment

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

great doctor with good follow-up skills genuinely interesyed

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

This Dr. Gave SGI a diagnosis on me with out ever meeting me, talking to me or examining me at all. How he did this I dont understand. I suspect fraud tho.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Sander for about ten years now. He started off okay, just ok, but seems to be getting gradually worse, especially since he moved to the Broadway clinic. He always seems to be rushed, interrupts when I'm talking and describing my symptoms, and generally doesn't listen. I have to repeatedly tell him how I'm feeling to which he will later ask questions to which I've JUST explained to him, proving that he doesn't listen. He gets upset if anything is anyone's idea but his own. It seems that all he wants to do is take blood and urine tests and prescribe pills. If I can find another doctor taking patients in this city I'm going to go change doctors. I doubt it'll be any worse.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Dr. Sander takes care and interest in his patients. He doesn't ignore concerns. Asks lots of questions. His staff follow up if something is missing. Ex: I had to change the day for a specialist appointment and suddenly I was no longer listed as a patient. His team got me back on the list. Appointments happen on time and he spends time with you. Only downside is that as a patient if you need to see him it can take several weeks but I would rather the time when I get in with him.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Nice enough guy, but very poor Dr. Barely spoke to me and didn't even read my chart before prescribing mess that affect your brain function. Thank god for Alert pharmacists. This was after he had been my Dr for 3 years.... 'forgot' I was asthmatic ? YEESSH

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr Sanders was my GP for almost 3 years. he saw me regularly over that time and not only had to be reminded to send me for any sort of regular blood work (i'm an insulin dependent diabetic) he also had to be reminded almost every time i came in with an infection that I was one. ONce i came in three times with the same ear infection, each time telling him "I'm diabetic, and really prone to strong infections". the third time he looked at it he said "holy cow, that's really bad, you're not diabetic are you". I was immediately hospitalized. not even kidding. nice enough guy, but no attention to detail, and totally willing to let things ride until there was a major problem. he also missed my failing thyroid, and laughed off a couple of theories i had as ridiculous, though when i wend to the specialist he referred me to both times my theory was the first thing they suggested. A perfectly great doctor if your in the habit of being healthy, lol, but unfortunately that's not usually what you see a doctor for. the final straw for me was when he moved clinics he lost my records........just couldn't handle it any more. like I said, nice enough person, but not someone I want managing life altering medications.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr Sander replaced my doctor and I must say I am very impressed...he is very thorough and asks a lot of questions...seems very informed and caring for my health.,.best GP I have ever had

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

Dr. Sander took over for my current family physician and I saw him for the first time this week. I have to say, I was nervous about seeing a male physician for my physical, but he was extremely professional and made me feel really comfortable. During the breast and pelvic exam, he brought a nurse into the room as well. He answered all of my questions and was very accommodating. I've very pleased with our new family physician!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015