Ratings for Dr. Ryan Sander

I've been seeing Dr. Sander for about ten years now. He started off okay, just ok, but seems to be getting gradually worse, especially since he moved to the Broadway clinic. He always seems to be rushed, interrupts when I'm talking and describing my symptoms, and generally doesn't listen. I have to repeatedly tell him how I'm feeling to which he will later ask questions to which I've JUST explained to him, proving that he doesn't listen. He gets upset if anything is anyone's idea but his own. It seems that all he wants to do is take blood and urine tests and prescribe pills. If I can find another doctor taking patients in this city I'm going to go change doctors. I doubt it'll be any worse.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Dr. Sander takes care and interest in his patients. He doesn't ignore concerns. Asks lots of questions. His staff follow up if something is missing. Ex: I had to change the day for a specialist appointment and suddenly I was no longer listed as a patient. His team got me back on the list. Appointments happen on time and he spends time with you. Only downside is that as a patient if you need to see him it can take several weeks but I would rather the time when I get in with him.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Nice enough guy, but very poor Dr. Barely spoke to me and didn't even read my chart before prescribing mess that affect your brain function. Thank god for Alert pharmacists. This was after he had been my Dr for 3 years.... 'forgot' I was asthmatic ? YEESSH

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr Sanders was my GP for almost 3 years. he saw me regularly over that time and not only had to be reminded to send me for any sort of regular blood work (i'm an insulin dependent diabetic) he also had to be reminded almost every time i came in with an infection that I was one. ONce i came in three times with the same ear infection, each time telling him "I'm diabetic, and really prone to strong infections". the third time he looked at it he said "holy cow, that's really bad, you're not diabetic are you". I was immediately hospitalized. not even kidding. nice enough guy, but no attention to detail, and totally willing to let things ride until there was a major problem. he also missed my failing thyroid, and laughed off a couple of theories i had as ridiculous, though when i wend to the specialist he referred me to both times my theory was the first thing they suggested. A perfectly great doctor if your in the habit of being healthy, lol, but unfortunately that's not usually what you see a doctor for. the final straw for me was when he moved clinics he lost my records........just couldn't handle it any more. like I said, nice enough person, but not someone I want managing life altering medications.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr Sander replaced my doctor and I must say I am very impressed...he is very thorough and asks a lot of questions...seems very informed and caring for my health.,.best GP I have ever had

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

Dr. Sander took over for my current family physician and I saw him for the first time this week. I have to say, I was nervous about seeing a male physician for my physical, but he was extremely professional and made me feel really comfortable. During the breast and pelvic exam, he brought a nurse into the room as well. He answered all of my questions and was very accommodating. I've very pleased with our new family physician!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

He's been my family Dr for a few years now, I have followed him as a patient now through 3 clinics and that's rare for me to do as I am a man that likes convenience. He's always very thorough with his diagnosis and sometimes I almost think he sends me for to many tests but hey better to know all the information before saying what the issue is or make sure there isn't an issue. He's not prescription happy which frustrates me since sometimes I want the quick pill fix, or cover up. Once again I respect that he won't do the quick thing of prescribe a pill and send me out the door he actually cares, wants, and encourages healthy living. He does and has written me prescriptions when needed. Overall a great Dr and happy he's my family Dr.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I have been a patient (as is my whole family of 5) of Dr. Sander since fall 2011. I have had a couple of health related issues requiring ongoing treatment, specialist recommendations as well as one off illnesses. Regardless of the magnitude of the issue, the treatment I have received has always been professional, knowledgeable and caring. In addition to in office care, he has also taken time on a Sunday to catch up on paper work and lab results and called me at home to inquire as to how I was feeling and provide me further advice to assist in my conditions. I am grateful to have Dr. Sander as my families health care provider.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

I saw Dr. Sanders for the first time as a walk in patient. His very loud abrupt demeanour was irritating. I attended to get treatment from a skin infection due to recent surgery. I had already contacted my pharmacy prior to attending to the clinic as I was already taking antibodies for a bladder infection. Two pharmacist confirmed that the antibodies that I am presently taking would not be of help for a skin infection and recommended medical consult. When I showed Dr. Sanders the prescription that I was on for bladder infection, he said that should help the skin infection. He finally ended up giving me some topical cream to treat the infection. The most disturbing part of my contact is when he questioned "how do you know you have a bladder infection?" My reply was" I was assessed by my Dr. and it was confirmed." I noted to Dr. Sanders that I hardly think that a Dr. would be writing me a prescription if I did not have a bladder infection! Poor attitude and condescending!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

My physician of more than 30 years recently retired and I feel fortunate to have been taken on as a new patient of Dr. Sander. At the age of 63, I do not expect my doctor to do any more than listen to my own diagnosis and then help me to know what treatment options are available. Dr. Sander does use his lap top to record information on my file but I don't see anything wrong with this. Dr. Sander has referred me to specialists when needed and has recently done a thorough physical. In my opinion he is very friendly, efficient, and professional but I'm not one to expect him take a long time having a 'chat' about my reasons for visiting a doctor. Staff at the clinic are friendly as well and apart from one occasion I have always been seen by Dr. Sander within a few minutes of my appointment time. Admittedly, I have only been to see him three times in 18 months but I certainly think he is a good family physician.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012