Ratings for Dr. Amro El Sawaf

I agree with the previous respondent. This doctor is in Waterloo. My GP referred me there to have a pre-cancerous mole excised. I drove 2.5 hours to get there and then Dr. El Sawaf said that he would not do it but instead refer me to a plastic surgeon. After 3 months, his staff still hadn't sent the referral note. I called the plastic surgeon directly and was able to make an appointment myself, paying out of my pocket. Wasted a lot of time.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

This doctor is in Waterloo, ON, not Edmonton, AB. I agree with many of previous comments. I have been to this office 2x. For the office visits, I did not have any issues with the staff, as I had been expecting after reading these. The Dr. was also fine, but does not give a lot of information. this last visit was disappointing as he confirmed my symptoms presenting meant I had some underlying medical issue, but instead of sending me for tests directly, he said he would send my family doctor the list of suggested tests to arrange. that was almost 3 weeks ago and my doctor still hasn't received any word. I have called his office 2x to ask about it; last week I was told they would have the letter in a day or two; today, I got a very rude person who said she had no control over dictating and timing and when they did it, it would be sent. when I pressed her to ask about it and stated my concern about the delay and my concern regarding my health, she first said she would give my name to the person doing dictation then she got mad and hung up on me. I hope these people are in a similar situation someday with medical issues and get the same run around and lack of respect and caring. these people should not be working in the medical profession if they cannot emphasize and deal politely and respectfully with patients. Do we not have a right to express concern and expect assistance with our health issues when it is impacted by their handling of administrative duties? the new workstyle for any medical office I have dealt with in the last few years seems to be more about 'work to rule' than it does patient care. Absolutely horrendous medical system we have in Ontario.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Too bad his staff is rude and unprofessional. They don't answer the phone and when they do and you explain that the machine is giving out the wrong information, they are extremely rude !!!!Dr Elsawaf is very good and knowledgeable. DR Elsawaf, you need to find more courteous staff!!!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Very bad reception services. I tried calling for a month, and when someone took my call they forgot me on hold.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

I waited 5 months to see this so called doctor. He stood at the opposite end of the room the whole time without looking at my issues or even inspecting my problems. He never came close. One issue, he said just rub it, another, he said he doesn't do things like that and referred me to a plastic surgeon?? Which NO, a dermatologist looks at things that I said. He wanted to know who referred me and who "did these things to me". He was 0% on patient care and I don't know why he's a dermatologist if he's not even going to do dermatological things. I even called another dermatologist...didn't mention his name but described my situation and she knew exactly who he was. Very low recommendation.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Is this the same doctor that moved to Ontario? If so............. things don't seem to have changed for the better.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I had a 10:00 am appointment , I completed the questionnaire and only waited a few minutes to see Dr. Sawaf . By 10:10, my procedure was done ! Very happy with my experience ! I highly recommend Dr. Sawaf to anyone with skin problems.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. El-Sawaf was excellent. His staff was very courteous and professional. I would recommend him to anyone. He is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Dr El Sawaf is uncaring and impatient. He will not listen to you at all because you can only be there not more than 5 mins. Receptionist is very very rude. It's a terrible service, They treat you like they are forced to do their job. I will never recommend this place ever.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

If you have cash in your hand great clinic I'm sure. However ohip care in this office is something else. Cosmetic line answered live daily. Medical line 9-12 and 1-2 ....however not live, and no place to leave message.... Very frustrating office. Would not recommend going there as an OHIP patient. Now at a clinic in Waterloo, ON

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016