Ratings for Dr. Amro El Sawaf

I can assure you that my review is NOT a plant as suggested by the reviewer below! I have seen Dr. El-Sawaf in Waterloo, ON twice (not including follow up appointments). Once referred by my family physician to have a granuloma removed from the bottom of my foot (covered by OHIP) and then to have a large skin tag removed from my right side (elective procedure paid for by me). In both cases I was impressed with Dr. El Sawaf and his staff. He has been punctual and he has dealt with the matter at hand. He was able to fully explain both procedures (pre and post op) and answer any questions that I have had. I found him to have a very good sense of humour and "bed side manner". Yes, sometimes there are a number of patients in the rather small waiting room and at the window checking in or booking future appointments but the reception people have always been courteous when it was my turn. Perhaps the fact that everyone I saw was treating them with respect influenced the way they treated the patients. I have no issues with Dr. Sawaf and his team and would recommend this practice to family and friends.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR! Any positive ratings are clearly planted! I have been waiting over 3 months to try and get my biopsy results forwarded to my family physician without success. Their phones are only answered from 1 - 2 pm and when you call then you are either put on hold and then hung up on or get a recorded message saying to call back. I finally went into the office and Chrisia was not only rude and obnoxious but slammed the glass sliding window on my hand after she told me she was busy and couldn't be bothered giving me my biopsy results. Dr El Sawaf was no help either when he walked by. Trust me - you do NOT want to go to this Doctor if you value your health. They are not only indifferent but rude! I imagine his money is in his non-OHIP covered services and treats his patients accordingly. I'm actually considering calling the police to file assault charges.....

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

I was there about one week ago, there was a big line up to check in but staff was curtious and apologized as it seemed like they had thier hands full. Reception helped me promptly , the nurse was very polite and jovial. The doctor was very quick and to the point. Spoke again with the nurse and opted for some cosmetic services based on her knowledge. I did sense they were very busy and were struggling to keep up.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

I visited Dr. El Sawaf for Actinic Keratosis and had a follow up appointment as well. Dr. El Sawaf made me feel at ease as I was nervous about my skin condition. He is a caring doctor. The office has specific times they take calls as stated on the answering machine, when I called to confirm my appointment time, as I misplaced it they answered the phone and were very pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend this doctor as you will get good care with him as he is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Originally visited Dr. El Sawaf for Actinic Keratosis, and had a follow up to verify it was gone, after cryosurgery. He is professional and pleasant. I have 2 biopsies later this week. His staff was courteous and helpful. Wait time was more than reasonable. I find no issue with this doctor and would not hesitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

I agree with the previous respondent. This doctor is in Waterloo. My GP referred me there to have a pre-cancerous mole excised. I drove 2.5 hours to get there and then Dr. El Sawaf said that he would not do it but instead refer me to a plastic surgeon. After 3 months, his staff still hadn't sent the referral note. I called the plastic surgeon directly and was able to make an appointment myself, paying out of my pocket. Wasted a lot of time.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

This doctor is in Waterloo, ON, not Edmonton, AB. I agree with many of previous comments. I have been to this office 2x. For the office visits, I did not have any issues with the staff, as I had been expecting after reading these. The Dr. was also fine, but does not give a lot of information. this last visit was disappointing as he confirmed my symptoms presenting meant I had some underlying medical issue, but instead of sending me for tests directly, he said he would send my family doctor the list of suggested tests to arrange. that was almost 3 weeks ago and my doctor still hasn't received any word. I have called his office 2x to ask about it; last week I was told they would have the letter in a day or two; today, I got a very rude person who said she had no control over dictating and timing and when they did it, it would be sent. when I pressed her to ask about it and stated my concern about the delay and my concern regarding my health, she first said she would give my name to the person doing dictation then she got mad and hung up on me. I hope these people are in a similar situation someday with medical issues and get the same run around and lack of respect and caring. these people should not be working in the medical profession if they cannot emphasize and deal politely and respectfully with patients. Do we not have a right to express concern and expect assistance with our health issues when it is impacted by their handling of administrative duties? the new workstyle for any medical office I have dealt with in the last few years seems to be more about 'work to rule' than it does patient care. Absolutely horrendous medical system we have in Ontario.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Too bad his staff is rude and unprofessional. They don't answer the phone and when they do and you explain that the machine is giving out the wrong information, they are extremely rude !!!!Dr Elsawaf is very good and knowledgeable. DR Elsawaf, you need to find more courteous staff!!!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Very bad reception services. I tried calling for a month, and when someone took my call they forgot me on hold.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

I waited 5 months to see this so called doctor. He stood at the opposite end of the room the whole time without looking at my issues or even inspecting my problems. He never came close. One issue, he said just rub it, another, he said he doesn't do things like that and referred me to a plastic surgeon?? Which NO, a dermatologist looks at things that I said. He wanted to know who referred me and who "did these things to me". He was 0% on patient care and I don't know why he's a dermatologist if he's not even going to do dermatological things. I even called another dermatologist...didn't mention his name but described my situation and she knew exactly who he was. Very low recommendation.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017