Ratings for Dr. Amro El Sawaf

I had a 10:00 am appointment , I completed the questionnaire and only waited a few minutes to see Dr. Sawaf . By 10:10, my procedure was done ! Very happy with my experience ! I highly recommend Dr. Sawaf to anyone with skin problems.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. El-Sawaf was excellent. His staff was very courteous and professional. I would recommend him to anyone. He is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Dr El Sawaf is uncaring and impatient. He will not listen to you at all because you can only be there not more than 5 mins. Receptionist is very very rude. It's a terrible service, They treat you like they are forced to do their job. I will never recommend this place ever.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

If you have cash in your hand great clinic I'm sure. However ohip care in this office is something else. Cosmetic line answered live daily. Medical line 9-12 and 1-2 ....however not live, and no place to leave message.... Very frustrating office. Would not recommend going there as an OHIP patient. Now at a clinic in Waterloo, ON

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Doctors spends no time with patients, does not listen. Endless series of appointments for something that could be done in one. In addition, appointments cancelled without notice. Staff is rude. Cannot comment on medical knowledge.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I felt warned about his staff. However, I believe it is one bad egg taking down the tone of the office. Her presence gives such a negative aoura.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Horrible Doctor who does not verbally communicate with patients. Observes and uses his I-Pad. Rude, never on time, and very little assistance. Daughter on acne meds and he never inquired about her side effects which included depression. Receptionists never answer the phones and you can't leave a message. Horrible overall experience!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Nurses and the receptionist can be either rude or amateur. His acne treatments weren't too helpful to me, and he has no advice to give except prescribe you topicals or Accutane. His prescription of 3 topical creams were irritating and causing sunburns; even my pharmacist knew better and advised not to use 3 creams at a time because of irritation. When I was on Accutane, he did not treat my hair loss which was a side effect. He just pulled a few hairs to confirm, wrote something in his files, then was out the office. On the next visit I told him again, but answered nothing. I thought dermatologists treat hair loss. If he at least prescribed me Rogaine which is OTC, my male pattern baldness wouldn't be as bad as it is today. Also, a few months before he closed his practice, he was looking quite mad, stressed out, and irritable. Not even willing to listen or make eye contact, just writing stuff in his files and getting out ASAP. Then on the last month, he was all nostalgic and relieved, telling me how time goes by so fast; but I didn't care because he did little to help me.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr. Amro El Sawaf closed his practice in Edmonton in 2015.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

Very nice, helpful and smart doctor! But very rude nurse - just a heads up ;)

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015