Ratings for Dr. Harry Dhaliwal

This review is more about the receptionist than the doctor. I was a patient of Dr. Dhaliwal a few years ago, but I got the problem under control with the medication Dr. Dhaliwal prescribed. Several months ago, I suddenly got new and odd symptoms that I assume are related to the original diagnosis, so I was referred back to Dr. Dahliwal. After waiting months and not hearing anything about an appointment date, I called the office. I must have called about 100 times over the period of a couple months, and I got the answering machine every single time! What is this receptionist doing all day? Because she's certainly not answering phones. When she finally did answer a few weeks ago, I was so surprised I nearly forgot what I was calling about. I told her I'd like to know how long I'll have to wait for an appointment. She took my info and told me she'd get back to me in 48 hours (every other doctor's receptionist I've asked this question of just looks me up on the computer right there and then and tells me). As might be expected from other people's reviews, she never responded, and weeks later I'm still calling and calling and get the answering machine every time. If this doctor wasn't part of the Ottawa Hospital, I'd think there was something dodgy going on, because whoever heard of a doctor's receptionist who doesn't answer phones? That's pretty much the job description.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I saw him and had various tests. He prescribed medication that didn't work. He then said he could not help me. Very disappointed as I've been sick for three years. I had an appointment scheduled but the doctor wasn't going to be there. My voice-mail was full but was cleared within 2 hours. His receptionist only called once to cancel (I have call display) and consequently never got the message. I made the 1 hour trip for the appointment for nothing.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Terrible doctor, terrible receptionist!! I've seen dr. Dhaliwal a few times now and he has yet to actually figure out a diagnosis. My issues have been ongoing for 2 years now, landing my in hospital twice for over a week at a time with sepsis. And a heart rate sitting in the 30' S during these "attacks". Im an active 30 year old woman!! There is SOMETHING wrong!! My last appointment I waited 3 HOURS past my scheduled time! He didn't even apologize, then proceeded to tell because I present with a "mixed picture" he can't treat me!!! What??? Then send me to someone who can!! I literally left his office in tears, he made me feel horrible!! I saw my GP the following day for a routine appointment and he was in complete shock and disbelief when he read the latest report from dhaliwal! He immediately pulled all my information and referred me to another specialist that is in no way associated with this quack! I'm also being screened for lymphoma!! Thanks for your help dhaliwal!! And the receptionist is a completely useless flake!! Not only does she not return your calls EVER despite promising she'll talk to the doctor and get right back to you, she doesn't even return the calls from the pharmacy. Months ago dhaliwal prescribed ne medication to help with my constant bowels issues....it was the WRONG medication!! He gave me something for cholesterol by mistake!!! The pharmacy caught it and tried over and over to reach this doctor to get a proper prescription and they never responded!!! Just Unbelievable!!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

Well, if you know you are going to need to see the doctor you'd better try months ahead of time, as it takes almost that long before they return your calls. Very poor relationships with past patients that need follow-up care. Would call speak to the front office and they would promise to get back to you once they've had a chance to speak to the doctor and never would. Good luck trying to get anywhere!! I understand that doctors are busy with many patients, but how unprofessional is this when someone keeps telling you they will get back to you and you wait and wait and wait and then finally have no other option but to call back, then you wait some more!!!! Unbelievable!!!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

We met Dr Dhaliwal when he treated my husband for his new diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. He spent time with us and reassured us that the right steps were being taken to ensure expedited care. He was warm and kind and not only met but went above our expectations during this difficult time.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

No bedside manner. I found him very dismissive. His receptionist us very unorganized, doesn't return calls and never seems to receive faxes or messages.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

I would not recommend Dr. Dhaliwal. I was treated in a very unprofessional manner - potentially because I look young. I did not come out of my meeting with Dr. Dhaliwal with any concrete information about my diagnosis or the recommended treatment. After essentially being scooted out of his office when I was very emotional and crying, to be comforted by a stranger in the hallway, I have never returned. While I am sure he is more than qualified academically, I was not impressed with his bedside manner in the slightest.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

He is the most uncaring charlatan of a Physician. He should be investigated for credentialing by the respective bodies that function as such. He left a family member in shambles and declined to intervene in follow up care. Shame on you Dr. Dhaliwal. And your nurse Ratchet is very cruel and mean

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I found the doctor to be completely uncaring. He seems to be oblivious to the fact that not all patients respond to a drug the same way. I finally got help for my issue from another doctor who isn't a gastroenterologist but knew of a drug which would help my symptoms. His receptionist is very nice when you speak to her, but I agree with the other people who have said that she doesn't return phone calls- not even to pharmacies about prescription renewals. My advice- look for another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

Not a positive experience, does not return your phone calls and leaves little room for you to speak during consultations.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016