Ratings for Dr. Lewis J. Brown

I am very lucky that my son didn't die under his care a very long time ago. He was rude and condescending to me when I was a young mother. I still have my notes documenting our horrible experience from 35 years ago. I strongly advise that you see another Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

He quizzed me like it was the spanish inquisition or something. Asked many NON relevant questions REPEATEDLY. Did NOT explain my condition or even discuss it. Was too old to do surgery, horrid experience, complained to insurance company. Do NOT see this guy, I think he's looking for reasons to not operate and therefore dismisses all patients. No confidence in this guy at all. Run for the hills. No kidding...terrible awful experience

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Dr. Brown removed my pituitary tumor transphenoidally in 1995. He was able to leave a functioning third of my pituitary glad and he arranged for a plastic surgeon as well as an ear nose and throat doctor. I have had great results after my surgery. My pituitary tumor has not returned and I have had two healthy children. Dr. Brown was very knowledgeable and helpful. His confidence in his abilities helped me and my family commit to the surgery which saved my quality of life. Dr. Brown is a very professional very skilled doctor and I thank him.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

Dr. Brown seemed as if i was wasting his time. I have chronic back pain and was referred by my PCP. He did his exam and told me that I did not qualify for surgery (which he does not perform anymore) because most patients that come to him are worse off than me. Gave me medication that does not help. (I told him this in the exam room) Will NEVER reccommend him.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Dr. Lewis J. Brown's Credentials

• Spanish

• Oakland College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1958)