Ratings for Dr. Karen Papay

Hello I am a 24 year old that recently had colonoscopy by Dr. Papay for intestinal problems and pain and was not pleased and was really offended by her because she couldn't find anything that could cause my problems so she blames it on my history of Mental illness (Depression) and says i have psychological problem that makes me feel pain! During the procedure i was told to shut up and be quiet by Dr. Papay and two nurses when i was screaming in pain from her doing the colonoscopy! I feel that my history of a mental illness (depression) and the discrimination from her got in the way of an actual diagnoses!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

Like many doctors Dr. Papay is very busy, however I have found her to be very thorough in my situation, and not reluctant to send me for tests to get results. Looking to resolve my issue has always seemed to be her priority. That is important to me.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Young, bright, maybe too cocky for her own good. I was admitted to the emergency room because of days of diarrhea and bleeding. I had fainted and I knew I was very sick. They called Dr. Papay. Never in my life have I been more embarrassed and humiliated by her tone and how loud she questioned me in front of so many listeners about a very difficult subject, Her bedside manor and professional ethic is horrific. Zero compassion or respect for the patient. The next day she begrudgingly performed a colonoscopy and she was no better so I couldn't even chaulk it up to a bad day. I wouldn't care how good she was, I would never see this unprofessional Doctor again. Her code of conduct should be reported.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

She is a pathetic excuse for a Dr, mid treatment she signs patients over back to their MD's my child is suffering and that is why the MD referred to a specialist, to look for answers, then she signs you off anidst treatment what a joke

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr. Papay is an awesome doctor. I am glad to have found her as my new specialist. She also has great staff.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

I had my sixth colonoscopy (in 19 years, due to ulcerative colitis) today, first with Dr. Papay. She has good bedside manner, and gentle hand with endoscope. She makes eye contact, smiles, and graciously answers questions. Uses just enough sedative to eliminate "torture" of colonoscopy, but leaves patient awake enough to watch screen and ask (probably stupid) questions.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011