You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Gwen Geraldine Bruce-Houle

Dr. Gwen took extremely good care of my Mom, who suffered with cancer and when Mom passed I asked her to be my personal doctor because I liked her great "bed side manner" :0)

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

WOW!!!! There is so much say about this woman. Having read all the other comments, I see that many, many, many other people have experienced the same despicable "treatment" from this "DOCTOR". There is a lot I have to say but I will just share the most recent encounter. I went to see her because I'd had a car accident, she didn't request any x-rays or any other type of testing for that matter, suggesting Epsom salts would do the trick. There were a few other appointments after that which did not go well at all because she discovered I had not returned to work and she felt that I should have returned to work immediately. When an x-ray was done on July 22/15, it found that my C-1 & C-2 vertebrae had shifted 4-5 mm as a result of the accident, there were other findings, but this was the scariest, yet she still insisted that I was fine and that "pain was my body's way of telling me to move". She even told me to my fact that I would go back to work when I received my settlement from the accident, she is a complete idiot. I have met many people in my life but never have I encountered a doctor that is so ignorant, judgmental, unprofessional and reckless with people's lives. I also believe she should lose her license, this woman should not be allowed to treat animals let alone humans.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

I saw other doctors at her clinic for my depression who were very helpful. When she came back from vacation, she prescribed me a self-help book and gave me the impression that she didn't approve of my choice to be on SSRIs. She also made me feel ridiculous for having suicidal thoughts. She was dismissive and I don't think she believes depression is a real thing. I was really disappointed with her. I'd never had a problem with her before this, and I'm now looking for a new doctor, which is hard to do in this small city. I don't understand why Townsite doesn't allow patients to see a different doctor in the same office, that's ridiculous.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

Dr. Bruce-Houle is a fantastic doctor! She's well educated and seems to always get it right. She won't push drugs when unnecessary but gives them when they are. I don't feel that she rushes appointments so the fact that she's late sometimes is fine with me!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Time to find another doctor.....seems she has no or very little compassion.....|I don't go to the doctor often so when I do, I expect a proper medical advice not your personal opinion.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. Bruce-Houle has been my physician for several years and I'm surprised to read about some people's experience with her. I have always found her to be knowledgable, informative, patient, and caring. Not a witch at all !

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

She told me my issues were an excuse and did not exist. She told me to get my act together and that she could not help me. It was an Awful experience, I left the office in tears.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I can understand some people who find this doctor kind of intolerant of some sicknesses! She was a Pharmasist by Trade, and switched to take her doctrine later! She knows her chemistry! So if you are a prescription sort of person for what ails you, you have gone to the wrong doctor.. \I for one like her no nonsence attitude to some stuff,, Great for me!!! When i did need to see a specialist,, she was right on the ball!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

She has no knowledge of metal health issues and has a very negatively biased outlook on people suffering from them. My advice, i only used her for a referral to a psychiatrist and don't take no for an answer when trying.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr. Gwen Geraldine Bruce-Houle's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gwen took extremely good care of my Mom, who suffered with cancer and when Mom passed I asked her to be my personal doctor because I liked her great "bed si..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor I had in kenora . I was very sad when she left. My daughter was a baby and she still remember her "

September 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "WOW!!!! There is so much say about this woman. Having read all the other comments, I see that many, many, many other people have experienced the same despicabl..."

September 25, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I saw other doctors at her clinic for my depression who were very helpful. When she came back from vacation, she prescribed me a self-help book and gave me the ..."

August 25, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bruce-Houle is a fantastic doctor! She's well educated and seems to always get it right. She won't push drugs when unnecessary but gives them when they are..."

June 20, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Time to find another doctor.....seems she has no or very little compassion.....|I don't go to the doctor often so when I do, I expect a proper medical advice no..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bruce-Houle has been my physician for several years and I'm surprised to read about some people's experience with her. I have always found her to be knowled..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "She told me my issues were an excuse and did not exist. She told me to get my act together and that she could not help me. It was an Awful experience, I left th..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can understand some people who find this doctor kind of intolerant of some sicknesses! She was a Pharmasist by Trade, and switched to take her doctrine later..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "She has no knowledge of metal health issues and has a very negatively biased outlook on people suffering from them. My advice, i only used her for a referral to..."

March 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Bruce-Houle for my family of 5 and I told her as much at a recent visit. She is very knowledgeable and warm. She welcome..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gwen is perhaps the best doctor I have ever seen. I love her approach. It is practical, straight forward and common sense. All questions are answered hone..."

December 20, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The Worst Doctor I've ever seen. She was ride unpurfectional and just plain mean. She swore at me and gave me homework to do and if not I couldn't see her ag..."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Very judgeing cold and condensending Doctor. Looks down on people. I was very uncomfortable. Will never be her patient again."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr houle is a terrible doctor and an awful person. I would not recommend her to anyone."

September 24, 2014