Ratings for Dr. Henry H. Lai

I called his secretary on 11-28-2016 and in my message I said that I would appreciate a call back regarding some questions that I had. She states in her voice mail "there is no need to leave multiple messages". Well today is 12-16-2016 and I still haven't received a call back. So I called and canceled my appointment for Tuesday.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I came in to discuss possible treatment options for a common condition. Dr. Lai didn’t see a problem with my penis. If there was no problem then I wouldn't have a referral from my primary health care provider and I would not be seeking help from a specialist. The reason why he didn’t see a problem is because Dr. Lai didn’t recognize the condition even after I explained the condition in medical detail (I’m a med school student). He suggested a wrong procedure forcing me to explain two different surgical procedures actually used to correct the condition. My primary health care provider immediately recognized the problem, but Dr. Lai (a specialist in the field of urology) did not understand it. Overall, I was very dissatisfied because Dr. Lai came off as unknowledgeable and incompetent. At the least he had the foresight to refer me to a proper specialist. I am quite satisfied that I was referred to a different doctor because I would not feel comfortable in the hands of Dr. Lai.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011