Ratings for Dr. Kathleen Pierson

Dr. Pierson was great. She listened and cared, and took her time with the assessment to really understand what I was experiencing. I felt believed and felt completely comfortable opening up about my trauma and depression. I didn't feel pressured to take medication- she listened to my reservations about pharmaceuticals and simply provided the facts and put the option out there without pressure which felt empowering. I am in good hands with this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

I have enjoyed working with Dr. Pierson. She seems knowledgeable and empathetic and caring and I have improved so much under her care, dealing with crippling anxiety and depression. Thank you, Dr. Pierson!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Pill pusher. Life's borderline screwed over because of it.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Like others, I too was sent straight to anti-psychotics, even after previous horrific experiences. After visiting her a few times I became increasingly suicidal and decided to look elsewhere for help for my own sake. Not only did she fail to listen, but she dragged me further down than going in initially. I found this to be deeply disturbing.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

I have also had a very bad experience with Doctor Pierson. Her first choice with any mental health issue is to go directly to anti-psychotics. I have now been diagnosed with an illness both she and I know i don't have. and even tried to force me to take medication. I also found she listened very little to what i was saying, and would have to tell her everything all over again. She seems to have very little interest in her patients and again will go straight to anti-psychotics to fix anything and everything! One day Dr. Kathleen Pierson..... I will have my day in court with you and karma will be on my side. Stay far away from this doctor!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

My experiences with Dr. Pierson have been very positive. I find her to be an excellent listener, very thorough, highly knowledgeable and appropriately cautious. She is quite compassionate and sensitive, yet she maintains professionalism throughout our appointments - I like this balance. She is helping me through a severe depression and PTSD and she seems to look at the whole picture instead of just pieces. Regarding her recommendations for medications and psychotherapy, I've noticed she uses her broad clinical experiences and past and present research, as well as the information I've given her about myself, to determine what is likely the best fit. Overall I've found that she seems genuinely interested in hearing my story and takes a realistic and proactive approach in treating and managing my conditions.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

Did not seem concerned about improving my daughter's well-being and did very little to suggest resources that our family could use to cope with the situation. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012

Dr.Piersondid not listen. In fact, at one point said I was a liar. Also, during the appointment, Dr.Pierson took a personal cell phone call; she discussed her upcoming social engagement for a period of at least 10-15 minutes. After that, she took another 10 min to review what we had discussed. When I rec'd my report, there were many errors. One glaring comment was it was highly unlikely that I would ever recover. Also, she wanted to prescribe a antipsychotic for my depression and said that was the only drug that would work. I not only felt there was no hope, and no one had a solution.However, Since that time, I have recovered thanks to a kind family doctor who sent me for counselling and NO drugs were ever prescribed. I do not recommend this Dr- she is a pill pusher.

Submitted October 11, 2011