Ratings for Dr. Wendy Triggs

Without her, I don't know where I would be now with all the help she has given me over the years. She is intuitive, wise, patient and kind. Highly recommended. Susan P

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I went to a talk at our sons school recently given by this Doctor. She was not paid to give this talk for the community. It was about adolescent health and also informtion about what is in food these days that we don't really know about giving to our kids. She was not trying to sell any information, but giving up to date information about a relly difficult area for lots of us as parents. Many of us her found to be warm and engaging, and clearly happy to give her expertise for everyone else to gain from the information. it then puzzled me when i looked her up on this website to see the number of other comments. Someone explained that she also has part of her working life working to do assessments for Insurance claims and writing reports . I think she should stop doing this work about the patients clinical presentation. I think that woule be work that would make people angry. Anyway I just wrote in case anyone wanted to read about her for their Rotary evening, or for a school as she was really helpful. Trish.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Extremely rude lady. A "mental health expert". Yelling and getting angry with a client who she diagnosed with depression is a discrete. I think she needs to see a good psychiatrist. Very sociopathic and narcissistic. After reading reviews that are very similar, how is she still allowed to practice in the field of mental health. Certainly no compassion.

Submitted July 26, 2017

I have seen seven psychiatrists in my time so feel I have a bit of experience. Dr Trigg was rude, unprofessional and laughably incompetent. Her diagnosis was so far off correct that other doctors have told me not to give her a second thought. The person who said she's not in it for the money couldn't be further from the truth - who else would take on highly paid jobs from corporates that only allow her 50 mins with a patient to make a complete (and entirely inaccurate in my case) assessment of their whole life. Only someone in it for the money, not someone who genuinely cares about patients and wants to build meaningful relationships. Dr Trigg kept me waiting, didn't shake my hand when I offered it and cut me off mid sentence saying 'time's up'. I agree with all the people below who have recommended you tread carefully with this doctor. She is not a good person and not in it for good reasons.

Submitted May 3, 2017

Awesome doctor with compassion and empathy. Very caring , polite and takes her patients seriously not like other doctors who are just in this for money.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr Wendy Triggs is an absolute discrace. I felt worse for seeing her. Insurance companies is an absolute mess. Feeling suicidal after leaving her office. She yelled at me, she was late. She interrogated me. Just a rude women. I lost my job because of her report.

Submitted September 12, 2016

I find it extremely surprising to see the positive comments on Dr Triggs. I had a work cover assessment done by her and she was not only biased but made racially inappropriate assumptions which was simply unprofessional. Furthermore she was cold and her interrogative approach was an utter turn off - now who would ever want to sit across from a psychiatrist like that. I would highly recommend that she improves her bedside manners. I would best describe her as the Matron from Roald Dahl's book, 'Boy'. And by the way, she was wrong about the the behaviour of my employer being appropriate because work safe found in my favour.

Submitted June 9, 2016

Because of dr triggs, I don't have to see Paychaitrists so often any more. I've been in and out of hospital over te years for my problems. Some Payvhiatrists I've seen just for a short time, by some for muh longer. I've pretty much had I keep seeing them about every 2 or 3 weeks, to check up on me. I didn't have enough confidence to go back to work, because I would never know when I may go back in to hospital again. I met Dr Triggs when he was running a group at the hospital. My psychiatrist was retiring so I had to see someone else. She said at first that she would see me for an assessment to see if she was able to help. At first I told her I took that personally, she explained that it was also so that if didn't like the fit with her , I could still see someone else. I feel very lucky. Even though he had all my other doctors notes she wanted to do her own assessment and took a history from the beginning. Again at first I thought it was just to haveore sessions paid for, but now I see it was all Background information. She has told me that I'm " above average intelligence". I couldn't believe it at first, but she explained that its not about what marks you get at school. Because of her belief in me with this, I've since gone back to study , and im nearly finished my librarian training course. I've even been offered casual work. I was shocked out of my mind, but dr Triggs said she believed I had the capacity to so it with my own hard work. My medications have been changed , and I'm back on a medication I was on about 17 years ago. It's helping me a lot more, and I feel a lot more even. Now I only need tonsee her about every 2 to 3 months . Ican see her more often if I want to, but it feels so good to be more independent . I don't feel like a psychiatric patient any more trying to be a normal person. I feel like a normal person with an episodic illness. When I found this website , I wanted to write something to make up for the people who don't know who she really is. They would be angry too about their insurance stuff. If you're readi g this, r we there can always be hope.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Horrible experience. She may be a totally different person to her private patients I don't know about that, but when it comes to working for insurance companies she's very biased and does not work as an impartial , truthful professional at all. Some websites are so right...Nothing more than a hired gun!

Submitted March 10, 2016

I also saw her for an insurance assessment. I was going to complain here, but when I thought about it, the insurance merrigoaround is nothing to do with her as a doctor. I was disappointed that she's not allowed to treat me after one of these assessments, but admittedly shed already told me that. She was very thorough an professional , and did actually help me o relax. Oh well, back I go with the merrigoaround. At least she didn't make it harder and seemed like quite a good doctor. Her receptionist even offered me a cup of tea or coffee , which is something different these days! Her room was pretty nice too. Nicer than my general practitioners, or psychologist. Lovely outlook on to a courtyard and lovely trees. That was better than some of the sterile rooms I've been to with some if these independent doctors.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015