Ratings for Dr. Neville Maytom

I find the receptionist difficult to deal and a bit on the rude side depending on your questions. I will choose to use another eye doctor in the future.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I saw Dr.Matoum as a youth after a terrible assault event, recently I reached out to follow through and hopefully have my problem reassessed due to recent deterioration. I have to say their receptionist is the worst phone personality I have ever encountered, and they also denied my appointment. Seeing as this is a serious issue to me, and I also have history with the doctor, I would disavow any ethical qualities he might have. I anticipate old age has not been kind to his practice or staff.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr. Maytom performed surgery on both of my eyelids and eyebrows. He is precise and highly skilled. He listened to me during and after the surgery and he looked after me from start to finish. The best thing of all is that I can see so much better ! The sky is the limit.. I would highly recommend Dr. Maytom. He is professional and caring and above all he is very skilled at what he does.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I recently had an eye problem that required Dr. Maytom's great skill. From his staff to this good man waiting for me to get there, to examine me and perform surgery I will tell you he's solid. Thank you

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Maytom's for a number of years. In that time he permed surgery on my cataracts and the atmosphere in the surgery was warm and friendly. He looked after two problems quickly and kindly later on, ensuring that I was comfortable with the diagnosis and treatment. I am very pleased to have him as my eye doctor.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I have seen this dr many times. He can be friendly but is often hurried and brusque, I think he treats the issue but not the patient. I find him difficult to reach for appointments and follow ups, this reputation is enforced by other dr offices saying they have the same issue. He refers more complex cases to Vancouver and seems reluctant to take on follow ups close to home.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I have been Dr. Maytom's patient for over twenty years and have had many different eye issues from a detached retina to glaucoma and beyond. If it wasn't for his expertise I feel I would be blind today, I truly appreciate his dedication and thoroughness. He is a kind and considerate doctor who genuinely cares for my well-being. Thank you so much Dr. Maytom.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

I have worked for Dr. Maytom for the past 18-1/2 years, and after reading the one negative comment below, from September 14th, I feel I need to set the record straight. I have been a loyal and hardworking employee for many years because Dr. Maytom is a wonderful, caring, and thoughtful employer, and ophthalmologist. He cares about his patients and his staff. He has also cared for me and my family, with professionalism and compassion. His expertise is valued here in the West Kootenays, and we are very lucky to have a man of his integrity and kindness. Several patients over the years, have appreciated being so well cared for, and we are very fortunate to have Dr. Maytom in our community.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I recently was referred to Dr. Maytom to repair a tear in the retinal wall of one of my right eye. He saw me within a week & treated the eye within a few days. When conducting a thorough exam of both of my eyes he noticed a tear in the left eye & needed to refer me to an Opthamoligist in Vancouver. Once again, within a few days, I had an appointment to repair my left eye. I am very impressed by Dr. Maytom's competence & professional manner. I so appreciated being so well taken care of.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

I have never seen Dr. Maytom on a professional level. I find he is a bully and treats his staff and patient's as if they are beneath him. I am disgusted at how he treats people and I would rather drive 4-8 hours before I would see him.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015