I have seen this dr many times. He can be friendly but is often hurried and brusque, I think he treats the issue but not the patient. I find him difficult to reach for appointments and follow ups, this reputation is enforced by other dr offices saying they have the same issue. He refers more complex cases to Vancouver and seems reluctant to take on follow ups close to home.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I have been Dr. Maytom's patient for over twenty years and have had many different eye issues from a detached retina to glaucoma and beyond. If it wasn't for his expertise I feel I would be blind today, I truly appreciate his dedication and thoroughness. He is a kind and considerate doctor who genuinely cares for my well-being. Thank you so much Dr. Maytom.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

I have worked for Dr. Maytom for the past 18-1/2 years, and after reading the one negative comment below, from September 14th, I feel I need to set the record straight. I have been a loyal and hardworking employee for many years because Dr. Maytom is a wonderful, caring, and thoughtful employer, and ophthalmologist. He cares about his patients and his staff. He has also cared for me and my family, with professionalism and compassion. His expertise is valued here in the West Kootenays, and we are very lucky to have a man of his integrity and kindness. Several patients over the years, have appreciated being so well cared for, and we are very fortunate to have Dr. Maytom in our community.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I recently was referred to Dr. Maytom to repair a tear in the retinal wall of one of my right eye. He saw me within a week & treated the eye within a few days. When conducting a thorough exam of both of my eyes he noticed a tear in the left eye & needed to refer me to an Opthamoligist in Vancouver. Once again, within a few days, I had an appointment to repair my left eye. I am very impressed by Dr. Maytom's competence & professional manner. I so appreciated being so well taken care of.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

I have never seen Dr. Maytom on a professional level. I find he is a bully and treats his staff and patient's as if they are beneath him. I am disgusted at how he treats people and I would rather drive 4-8 hours before I would see him.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

I had to see the Dr cause of an eye injury,I saw a Dr in Castlegar who said I had to have this looked at immediately and Dr Mayton took me with no notice. This was on Dec 27/13.I drove myself from Castlegar to Nelson and I had to wait to see him for 2 hours but I got in and he was very professional and looked after my issue and I found his mannerism very nice and would go back in a heart beat.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr. Maytom performed eye surgery to remove a growth. He was very skilled, the outcome was superior to the prognosis, and I was very grateful to have had him as my eye doctor. I was particularly impressed with his manners and the respect he showed to the nurses in the surgical room. My eye is now perfect - Thanks!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Maytom 's for a number of years. He treated my cataracts and other conditions I have had. He has always been considerate and helpful and has seen me in emergency situations quickly.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

While Dr. Maytom can be brusk, he is trying to see as many patients as possible in a limited amount of time (so there isn't time for any chit chat). He is good at what he does but doesn't have much on the way of "bedside manner".

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

I saw Dr Maytom for a severe problem that will require surgery. I knew I was having some testing and hoping for some advice about my options. He was angry right from the outset before I even opened my mouth. This dr has an overinflated ego and no patience. He is the only opthamologist in Nelson but I know many people who will drive 3 - 5 hours to other cities to avoid him. As long as you comply and do exactly what he tells you in his office then he MIGHT not shame or shun you. If you feel pain or nausea don;t expect any consideration (I was sworn at for mentioning discomfort and was told to sit in the waiting room for over an hour). I will not return and feel sorry for anyone who gets brow beaten by him. Drive to Cranbrook or drive to Kelowna or even drive to Vancouver to get care regarding your eyes. No one deserves to be abused by a dr when they are already stressed by a impending medical emergency.

Submitted October 7, 2011

Dr. Neville Maytom's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I have seen this dr many times. He can be friendly but is often hurried and brusque, I think he treats the issue but not the patient. I find him difficult to r..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been Dr. Maytom's patient for over twenty years and have had many different eye issues from a detached retina to glaucoma and beyond. If it wasn't for hi..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have worked for Dr. Maytom for the past 18-1/2 years, and after reading the one negative comment below, from September 14th, I feel I need to set the record s..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently was referred to Dr. Maytom to repair a tear in the retinal wall of one of my right eye. He saw me within a week & treated the eye within a few days...."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I have never seen Dr. Maytom on a professional level. I find he is a bully and treats his staff and patient's as if they are beneath him. I am disgusted at ho..."

September 14, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V1L1" to "V1L 2V1". Address has been updated from "None" to "3 View Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12503529984".

June 3, 2015