Ratings for Dr. Ian Erkelens

Saw him a few times and he was great. Very knowledgeable, friendly and always took time to explain. Could do without the rest of the IRIS office. Very pushy sales staff. Sad that he is no longer in the area.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

Visited once. Over priced and pushy. Wanted to get contacts and glasses from his office!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

The staff are all pretty helpful, though some services like getting a script or contact measurements are priced a little high. The Doctor is professional and personable. He spends his time with patients and never makes you feel rushed. He is a relatively new doctor, but is very knowledgeable and caring. I have found him a little overly cautious at times; Having been sent to specialists over insignificant issues. Although its probably better to be safe rather than sorry.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Dr Erklens was nice to start, but got very pushy when it came to sales...terrible experience, would not recommend.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

Dr. Erkelens took over from Dr. Costigan. At first, I was uncertain about getting to know another Optometrist. I must say, I have the utmost respect and trust in Dr. Erkelens. He is professional, very knowledgeable and caring. He wants only the best for me and I'm sure all his patients. Since, my mother had glucoma, he watches my eye health very carefully. He is always punctual and never rushed. He answers all questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Erkelens.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

Dr. Erkelens is very knowledgeable, punctual and personable. He took time to explain what he was doing and why. He showed a true interest in my eye health, making recommendations on how I could improve it. I did not feel pressured to purchase my glasses from his office, but felt compelled to because of the level of trust I have in him. If you want the best, go see him.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Dr. Erkelens is very intelligent, knowledgeable and skilled. He provides a very thorough examination. He is prompt, competent and answers questions in a patient, caring and kind manner. His office has an inviting atmosphere with friendly and helpful staff. My family and I will be returning and I highly recommend you to Dr. Erkelens.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

First time seeing Dr. Erkelens at his office. I have had vision issues for years and I was never sure why. Dr. Erkelens took the time to explain WHY I was having these problems and I felt much better after understanding my condition. His exams are very thorough and he is extremely knowledgable. The staff was also very helpful in filling my prescription. They were the first people to explain to me why there are differences in glasses and how certain ones can actually help me see better. Will not go anywhere else, and referring all my friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

This office is over price. Didn't enjoy my visit, won't return.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

DR Erkelens is a great doctor wtih alot of knowledge. He is there to help and do whats best for his patients.I enjoyed my time spent in DR Erkelens office and will be returning. I also enjoyed working with the two young ladies in the office that helped me at the front desk and to choose my new glasses. Everyone should definatly go see Dr Erkelens!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011