Ratings for Dr. Peter Lamantia

On December 23rd I had an extraction of a very bad tooth that broke while he was trying to remove with a very long root. He knew I was very nervous..He was wonderful through the who procedure. His nurses were also great..for the amount of work he had to do to remove the tooth. I had normal swelling but zero pain and zero bruising and was able to eat my whole christmas dinner on the 25th in small bites. I recommend him and his staff. I am very thankful for the care they gave me through the whole procedure. The Evening of my procedure I was worried about the clot not forming quickly. I called the emergency line and withing 10 min the on call doctor returned my call and made me feel more comfortable with the process and explained again what to exped and was at ease. I my experience two thumbs up.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr lamantia was amazing. I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed with him. He really took the time to explain the procedure. Amazing staff as well!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Had all my wisdom teeth removed (3/4 being complicated) and my experience was very enjoyable. Great staff all around.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Have had 3 wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Lamantia, one a very complicated extraction. Excellent care from him and his staff, all procedures went better than expected, good healing and final results in all 3 procedures.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I was fortunate to be referred to Dr. Lamantia for surgical extractions. The procedures were performed in-hospital due to a history of congestive heart failure. He was prompt, patient and understanding., listened to my concerns and explained in detail what to expect. His genuine caring and gentle manner placed me immediately at ease ; the outcome was excellent. The professional staff were also very supportive. Highly recommended. You will not regret seeing him. You will be in excellent hands.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

He's a patient and understanding doctor taking the time to address all concerns. I had all four wisdom teeth removed; bottom two were impacted thus requiring anaesthesia. On surgery day his staff made me feel comfortable all the way thru and the post surgery RN was sweet. I have gone for one follow up appointment and things are looking positive. With respect to punctuality: I would rather Dr Lamantia take his time and do a good job than perform a hasty operation.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

He did a good job on my son's 4 wisdom teeth but don't be in a hurry. If you have an afternoon consult appointment be prepared to wait. He has been one hour late twice with us and obviously overbooks and just expects you to sit there and wait.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I wanted to say how pleased I was with the care and treatment I received from Dr. Lamantia. My procedure went quickly and painlessly. The medication and advise he gave for post surgical care was great. My children have all had their wisdom teeth done here as well with similar results. I would highly recommend him and his team.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

Dr Lamantia is a terrific doctor. Great bedside manners and was very compassionate. He performed my first TMJ operation when I was 17 years old. I found he took his time explaining the procedure. For my follow up he arranged to see me up north in Huntsville to avoid us from driving down to Mississauga.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

I don't recommend seeing Dr. Peter Lamantia. Last summer I went to see him due to complications I had after my wisdom teeth extraction done by Dr. Psutka. During my appointment he called me an idiot and forced a piece of gauze in my mouth even though I said no. I was under a lot of stress and anxiety because I wouldn't stop bleeding but he was extremely rude and unprofessional. The nurse Chris was also extremely rude by saying "we're treating you like an adult", in what way is calling your paient an idiot and forcing gauze in their mouth treating them like an adult? There was nothing comforting about how they handle patients who are under stress and anxiety. Even after the whole event I went back for a follow up and the staff was rude by giving snide remarks. Id recommend going to see Dr. Psutka but as for the nurse Chris and Dr. Peter Lamantia I'd recommend requesting another doctor and nurse. I spoke to my doctor and social worker about the situation and they agree not going back.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012