You may also like

Dr. Wupperman was able to help me when two previous surgeons couldn't. I was to the point of having days when every move caused pain. I had spinal disc degeneration, and Dr. Wupperman performed surgery that helped me move better and with less pain than I had had for years. He's a great surgeon and doctor, and I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I am more grateful to Dr. Wupperman than I can ever express. I had back surgery from someone else a few years, and even though I kept complaining about the pan, that surgeon told me that my back was as good as it could ever get I finally went to Dr. Wupperman based on a friend's successful surgery by him. And I only wish I went sooner. Dr. Wupperman did a thorough evaluation, took time to listen and answer all my questions (a lot of them!), and then recommended surgery. The pain following the surgery was never as bad as the pain I had experienced almost every day prior to surgery. And I was up and moving around faster than I even hoped. Some reviewers mentioned getting their life back, and I feel the same way. I never thought I would be able to move around without constant severe pain, but now 5 months after the surgery, I have less pain than I've had in decades. I can't believe I wasted those years in pain with the other surgeon, but I"m very grateful I finally went to Dr. Wupperman. This is the best spine surgeon there is.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr Wupperman operated on my back, and I'm doing great. I've not felt this good in many years. I send my friends and family to him.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2014

I had back surgery done by Dr. Wupperman. He may be a good doctor but he can't count. He operated on the wrong vertebra during my surgery. Due to his error, which he admitted too, I now have to live with a surgery I didn't need, nor want. His error can not be corrected. Dr. Wupperman never once said he was sorry to me. He said so to my wife but never to me. I now live in more pain and discomfort than before the surgery. Again, he may be a good doctor, I just had a bad surgery with him. If you do use him make sure everyone knows where to operate.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

The best there is! I've been to several spine surgeons, and none hold a candle to Dr. W. and he's also very attentive and warm.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Excellent Spine Surgeon! I have had pain from severe spinal disc degeneration for years, eventually leading to curvature of the spine. Dr. Wupperman did a minimally-invasive, two-staged operation that has cured my pain (now two months after surgery.) My life is BACK!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2012

I am pain free for the first time in over a decade. Other surgeons pressured me to have surgery, but he didn't. He treated me with respect and listened to my needs. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

I would recommend Dr. Wupperman to my friends and family. Total success!!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

Great Dr. I would not hesiate to see him again if ever necessary or to refer hom to friends and family. He cured my lower back ache with PT and rest -- no surgery.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

He is an expert in the field of scoliosis, and changed my life with the success of my surgery. I would recommend him wholeheartedly and without reservation. I was very apprehensive about the surgery because of my age (66) and the severity of the scoliosis, but he did a wonderful job of straightening my spine and relieving my pain. He is careful to spend as much time as he needs to in going over your MRI's, etc. to show you where your problems are and how he can fix them. I can't speak highly enough of this excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

Dr. Richard M. Wupperman's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 2002)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wupperman was able to help me when two previous surgeons couldn't. I was to the point of having days when every move caused pain. I had spinal disc degene..."

July 17, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://austinspinespecialist.com" to "http://austinsurgicalinstitute.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "78734" to "78738". Address has been updated from "None" to "100 Medical Parkway". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15125012010".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am more grateful to Dr. Wupperman than I can ever express. I had back surgery from someone else a few years, and even though I kept complaining about the pan,..."

September 30, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=3390347'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.5

February 6, 2014