Ratings for Dr. David P. Buono

My family has seen Dr. Buono for about 7 years, referred by a friend. We have been very pleased with his consults. Although we've had mixed results with some of the PAs on staff, Dr. Buono has always been thoughtful and knowledgeable. He has made several crucial diagnoses accurately and timely. I would readily recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr. Buono of Portsmouth Family Practice lacks even the primary skills necessary to address acute medical problems. He cannot even provide answers to common questions regarding the reason for your visit. It is both difficult and sad that after 2 visits within a week you have no more information about why you are so sick. It is no wonder patients go to Boston for care.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2011

I have been going to David for about 5 years. 3 out of those 5 years he has cancelled my appointment with him (he also cancelled for the rescheduled appt.). I went to him with foot pain, told me it might be a foot fracture, lyme, or gout. Getting the test results was awful, he apparently went on vacation (finding out after 3 calls) and his staff went on vacation as well (finding out on the 5th call). Took way too long to get my test results back. Turned out to be none of the 3. Recommended me to a HORRIBLE podiatrist, turns out I have bunions, after spending $1000+ figuring it out and treating it and the pain is still severe. Never once followed up (including the podiatrist). I have been using other doctors in his office for 3 years, but sometimes have to get him.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2010

Dr. David P. Buono's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal