Ratings for Dr. Nelson Svorkdal

I have seen several pain specialists over the past two years. Dr. Svorkdal gave me the most time, the most information, the most options and completely respected the things I've implemented to manage the severe pain condition I endure. I'm fortunate to have his expertise to assist me.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2020

Completely patronizing to feelings and one of the most arrogant, terribly misinformed doctors I have ever been too. Outstandingly incompetent and must be held to a standard only a blind and deaf mother would allow. Please take some time out of your day to refresh your medical textbooks, if you ever read them.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2019

No messing around , extreamely professional , explained in detail what he plans on doing to help my pain. Very busy man , straight to the point, looking forward to treatments nerve blocks

flag | Submitted September 12, 2019

Hes an ok doctor his nurses in the procedure are terrible especially the Spanish one and the thin blonde one ! Everytime in there terrible experience made my pain worse my PTSD worse my anxiety went through the roof could have all been prevented just by treating me with respect no bedside manners dr is generally good but basically tunnel vision and in his own world hard to reach on a human level

flag | Submitted August 23, 2019

He was wonderful, helpful answered my questions. We joked and laughed made me feel comfortable. He was very nice and as I noted after my surgery he was "awesome" ;)

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

Dr. Svorkdal is the most arrogant, ignorant physician I have ever experienced (as witness by others) in my many years of medical care. Completely ignored, even with information from Mcmasters and the mayo clinic. He will repeat himself regarding irrelevant information as if he’s actually answering your questions. I believe that as long as you don’t seem to question him in any way and your care isn’t complex or time sensitive you might find his ‘care’ adequate. I have brought up all of the self management tools I have built for myself after years of research, trial and error and he will completely ignore it, only to suggest I undertake some of the activities I told him an appointment ago I was engaged in as if it was his idea! I’ve had a witness as he literally walked out of the room as I was politely asking a question- only for us to have to exit the room to ask a nurse “is he coming back?” Only to be met with “I’m not sure, I don’t think so.” 2.5 minute ‘consultations’ after waiting months between appointments? With not one question answered whatsoever? In short, some of his recent actions have forced me to contact the college of physicians and surgeons regarding medical misconduct. I wish there was a ‘negative’ star option on this review. He is egotistical and has a definite power complex. Most disturbing interactions with a doctor (and I’ve seen a fair number) in my life.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2019

He's very pleasant & takes the time to explain procedures. He diagnosed my facet & sacroiliac degeneration pain, but by the time I got through the Pain Clinic's required pre-admittance tests it had caused me to be housebound & having to use a wheelchair. When the Radiofrequency Denervation (Ablation) procedure he performed was unsuccessful, his only recommendation was to repeat it, excercise & attend the Pain Clinic's evening lecture programs: 2 hrs of painful, stressful drives we seniors coudn't handle - on my telling him the latter he politely indicated that I could expect no further medical help & left the room. Having to search for possible further treatment I was surprised & disappointed to find that all latest research studies had found: ". . Radiofrequency Denervation combined with a standardized exercise program resulted in either no improvement or no clinical improvement in chronic low back pain . ." Full Paper: "Effect of Radiofrequency Denervation on Pain Intensity Among Patients With Chronic Low Back Pain - The Mint Randomized Clinical Trials." JAMA. 2017;318(1):68–81. While I believe Dr Svorkdale is a good physician with the best of intentions, it appears that his insistence that surgery was not the solution for me may have delayed that possible chance of my mobility to be restored for three valuable years.

Submitted November 7, 2017

I have seen him 4 to 6 times a year for almost 10 years. Dr Svorkal is the poster boy for what an amazing physician should be. Humble, knowledgeable, caring, patient, the respect his team has for him is evident team, his bedside manner the gold standard.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Amazing Dr. He has made my life a lot more worth living. He gives me injections in my lower back that helps me to cope with the constant aching. He found exactly where the pain originates from. The best staff ever, they treat me with compassion always.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

After years chronic chest pain 2 Heart attacks Dr Svorkdal help me get my life back and control the pain T hank you

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017