Ratings for Dr. Martin G. Prosky

My experience with Dr. Prosky for my colonoscopies have all been positive. Now the prep for the procedure is not fun. But something that must be done. I have always found his front desk staff to be professional. And, once I enter the procedure area, everyone I came in contact did everything to put me at ease. My colonoscopy went well. So kudos to the nurses, technicians, anthesialogist and of course, Dr. Prosky. See you again in 5 years.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Dealing with Dr. Prosky's office will leave you exasperated and your GI Issues will not be fixed. Despite a bad experience at consult, which left me waiting 50 minutes past my appointment time, I went ahead and scheduled my colonoscopy and endoscopy. I waited so long after my appointment time-- there was no communication, no apology, no information passed to me as to why there was such a delay. Here's where everything went wrong: 1.) 10 days prior to my procedure, I called the front desk to ask about the prescription and OTC that was mentioned on my two-day prep sheet. The person who answered the phone told me that the check out nurse/tech must have given me the wrong prep sheet, and that "I think you are on a one day-prep". I asked her, "Do you think, or are you positively sure it's a one-day prep?" She confirmed that it was a one-day prep. 2.) Because of the lack of confidence I had in his staff throughout my dealings, I called back three days prior to my procedure to confirm. After being on hold for numerous times, the front desk (different individual) told me that it was a TWO DAY prep. This completely changed my weekend plans. Two days of prep is quite different than one day. 3.) I asked to cancel my appointment because I was uncomfortable with the level of professionalism and capability of his staff. This is where I was put on hold for 20 MINUTES! I hung up, called back, and requested that the office manager call me back. 4.) The office manager called me back fairly quickly and was courteous. By this time, there was no fixing the experience I had with Dr. Prosky's office. I asked that my $60 for the prescription prep solution be reimbursed, to which the office manager refused. I informed them that I was cancelling the appointment and that I would not be paying the $200 cancellation fee, which the office manager agreed. I will tell everyone I know to not go to Dr Prosky's office. I will also be informing my primary care physician, who referred me, of my horrible experience.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I would not recommend this practice. I was finally seen by Dr Prosky ONE HOUR after my scheduled time. The total time spent with Dr Prosky was nine minutes. The staff offered no apology or solution when I inquired twice about the status of the appointment. Because it was so hard to schedule a GI doc, I will return to do my colonoscopy and endoscopy, but will not continue at this doctor. They do not have any respect for patients time.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Dr. Prosky is one of the best GI doctors in our area. Extremely kind, knowledgeable and excellent with his patients. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He is very current with all the new research and medications on the market. Can't say enough good things about him! He is one of the best!!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Dr. Prosky has been my greater than excellent physician, since November, 1996 for the following reasons. I was being treated by a local doctor, who recommended an extensive cutting operation. Upon the advise of a friend, I made an appointment for a second opinion with Dr. Prosky , who treated and healed my illness without the operation. I have had annual examination and treatment appointments with this outstanding gastroenterologist for the past 18 years. He is always a very personable and caring man, with highly rated credentials and professional experience. Being able to consult Dr. Prosky is well worth the 40+ mile trips up I-95 to his offices. ...Alice J. Connolly

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

He is a great and very personable doctor. He got me in rite away to get my procedure done the next day!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

AVOID!!!! A waste of my afternoon. I came in looking for answers and left more confused than I came in. He did not do any exam and referred me to another doctor! I basically could have done that myself. I have never met a doctor as incompetent as Dr. Martin Prosky. His assistant asked questions and based on those questions, he came to a conclusion. The assistant is a Nurse! Not a medical doctor. What a joke! Save yourself the trouble and see a real doctor!!!!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

Dr. Prosky was terrific.I can see why he is listed as a top doctor. He listened to me carefully and diagnosed my problem. His Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner were very attentive. His office is great. I have sent several co-workers to him and all have been extremely pleased.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

Requires followup visit and pre surgery visits for routine procedures. Seems like a maneuver to charge the insurance company extra fees.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Poor communication and bad Physician Assistant. Doctor never called you back

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

Dr. Martin G. Prosky's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1985)