Ratings for Dr. Satish Rachapalli

Debbie the MOA IS ABSOLUTELY useless. Dr. Rachapalli ordered an urgent MRI. I hadn't heard anything for months. I called the office, and it was clear that Debbie had forgotten to order it. She put the referral in, and I got in relatively quickly. After weeks of not hearing from them, I phoned and Debbie (who is not trained to do so) related the results of the scans. She very contritely belittled the results. Having not been trained, she was obviously unaware that many conditions don't show up on those scans. She made it seem like there was nothing wrong, and that we were wasting the clinics time. She should not comment on matters that she has no business discussing. She has also been extremely rude every time that I have spoken with her.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2019

He is thorough is his diagnostics and his bedside manner is very kind and compassionate. His receptionist in Victoria is wonderful. The one is Nanaimo is just average.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2019

Best bed side manners in a doctor I have seen. Very polite but funny at the same time. I was very anxious about the appointment but his down to earth behaviour put me at ease instantly. He has a good sense of humour too. Debbie the MOA can be a little slow but she is a sweet heart. Highly recommend him

flag | Submitted March 7, 2019

One of my meds has been on back order since September, and I ran out recently. I have tried to get a hold of them to see if there is anouther med that I can take , talked to the receptionist who tried to help. She said he couldn’t see me until April 29. So I am not taking anything else in the place of the one on backorder. Don’t know what else to do!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2019

My experience with Dr Rachapalli for a few years now has been positive. He is pleasant and listens attentively. We get right to the point without wasting time, yet the tone is friendly. He is very professional and knowledgeable. I like Debbie very much and find her to always be competent and efficient. Her job involves some multi-tasking and I know that can be difficult but I have never had a problem with anyone in this office.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2019

I really enjoyed my visit in April with him and I have another one next week. I have done my own research and have some questions in regards to what I've learned about the two potentially 3 autoimmune diseases I have. He ran a thorough blood panel to help us identify which diseases I carry and I found him very thorough. I will update if this rating changes.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2018

Really awful doctor. I agree with many of the comments referring to how dismissive and arrogant he is. Do not even bother going to see him unless you are being referred to him by another rheumatologist who has already diagnosed you and started you on a course of treatment. I understand he can be quite adequate in this type of situation where he does not have to figure out your problem! My last appointment will be my last. He could not stop yawning in my face and dismissing everything I was explaining. He forgets what he told you previously, including his diagnosis, and is condescending towards women. Better to stick with your GP is my opinion!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2018

He is the best specialist that help me understand what I was dealing with

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

Do not go to this doctor if you are young and/or still relatively able to function in everyday life. Did not even conduct any tests before telling me nothing was wrong. Two years later after struggling with the same symptoms I saw another rheumatologist and was finally diagnosed. Could have been receiving treatment years earlier if I had not been referred to Dr. Rachapalli.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

I just started seeing this Doctor for my Rheumatoid Arthritis. He has been kind, knowledgeable, and able to explain things to me so I understand what is going on with my body. His MOA is okay at her job, maybe time to re-train her or replace her.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018