Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)

Dr Shortt and his staff provided excellent care. From my initial communication with the office and my multiple visits (while I decided exactly what I wanted done) everyone was through, communicative and helpful. I ended up having a 'mommy makeover' and couldn't be happier with my results and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr Shortt to anyone looking for a PS.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I had waited many years after my mastectomy to have breast reconstruction, and I am very happy that I decided to choose Dr Shortt over all the other consultations I had over the years. His commitment to professionalism and perfection are traits you want in a plastic surgeon. His sense of humor is a bonus, that just makes the experience better. Thank you Dr Short for your great work. Oops...just about forgot to mention Joanne, his amazing personal administrator...she is truly caring and lovely also.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Dr. Shortt and his staff are absolutely amazing! I'm from Niagara and people ask me , why do you travel to Oakville to see you doctor, and my reply HE'S WORTH TO TRAVEL TO SEE THE BEST! I think , that says it all! Words can't express how thankful I am to him and his staff!THANKS DR. SHORTT :)

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

My 9 year old son had his ears pinned by Dr Shortt in August, 2017. He had a great experience from the time we met with Dr Shortt to post procedure. His ears have healed well and he looks great. Dr Shortt was very patient with him.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I was dx with breast cancer, shortly after giving birth to my daughter 2014. My family doctor without hesitation suggest Dr shortt to help my reconstruction. He was truly an amazing doctor. He answer all questions and was helpful. He thrives to do the best work. I felt comfortable and believed in him. Through my entire journey,he help me take back my femanity. Breast cancer did not take that away from me. Dr. Shortt and his staff are great. Joanne is amazing. Thank you for your skills, your knowledge and heart. I recommend Dr shortt. Thank you so much

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

I was received at the outpatient clinic in a timely manner, and was escorted to my room almost immediately. The nurses were kind and thoughtful, and really helped me conquer my fear of what was about to happen. Knowing what to expect from a previous similar procedure. That was uncomfortable and left me feeling weak from the sensation of cutting into my body. Thankfully, and I do mean that thankfully, Dr Shortt was amazing. The staff were efficient and excelled at thier jobs. I didn't feel a thing, after the small sting of the freezing needle and I am grateful. Dr Shortt conducted himself as a solid professional and with great temperament, and skill. I am happy with the results, and would highly recommend him. I myself am looking forward to my next procedure. 😊

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer in Feb 2014, I was referred to Dr. Shortt. Upon meeting Dr. Shortt I was very nervous meeting him not knowing what to expect but I found he was very understanding and caring and compassionate. He makes sure that you understand his explanations and will take the time to go over any details that you are not sure about. All of his staff especially Joanne was also very helpful and understanding and compassionate. We discussed my options on whether I wanted to have reconstruction surgery and what options that were available to me. He never rushed my decision and always assured me that when I was ready he would discuss my decision with me again. I later made my decision, and Dr. Shortt performed full reconstruction. Throughout all of my appointments, treatments and surgeries he was always very compassionate, caring and supportive. I also had my right wrist operated on for carpal tunnel and Dr. Shortt did an amazing job and my hand feels 10 times better than it did before the surgery. Dr Shortt takes pride in his work and it shows from his results. I can not thank you enough, Dr. Shortt you made me feel whole again. You are highly respected among your peers as you were highly recommended to me. D Davis

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I went to Dr. Shortt for the removal of an infected cyst. Dr. Shortt and his staff were so caring and supportive through all of my treatment. Thank you all so much! I would highly recommend Dr. Shortt.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I went to see Dr. Short for botox treatement and for the first time, face fillers. I had a wonderful experience. All the staff were very pleasant and made me feel comfortable. Once the procedures began, Dr. Short explained, with his easy style and wonderful sense of humour, all that was going to happen, making me feel extremely at ease. I am very pleased with my results. I can not thank you enough, Dr. Short, for making me look refreshed and feeling more vibrant. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

For years I’ve been putting up with back and shoulder pain, and I finally decided that I had to have a breast reduction. The minute you walk in the door you know that you are in good hands. Everyone in the office is professional and courteous. Dr. Shortt was always on time, and took time to ensure that I had all the information I needed. Dr. Shortt has a top notch surgical team and therefore I had exceptional results. My breasts are spectacular. I’m a new person. I feel lighter and the tension/pressure is gone from my back and shoulders. I regret that I didn’t do this earlier. Dr. Shortt’s work is second to none. Aside from being an expert plastic surgeon, he is kind and caring. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Shortt.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Rodger Shortt is a specialist plastic surgeon who graduated from Queen’s Medical School in 2004 and became certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in 2009. He received further sub-specialty fellowship training with international plastic surgeons in micro-vascular breast reconstruction, cosmetic plastic surgery, and body contouring after bariatric (gastric banding) surgery, significant weight loss or post-pregnancy. In Canada, Dr Shortt received fellowship training with Dr Edward Buchel, from Winnipeg Manitoba, one of the world's best micro-vascular breast surgeons. In Melbourne Australia, Dr Shortt trained with Mr Howard Webster an expert in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery and a recent past president of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Mr Richard Bloom an expert body contouring and reconstructive plastic surgeon, and Dr Bryan Mendelson a world renowned facial surgeon. As a result of his strong reputation for surgical and teaching excellence, Dr Shortt was recruited by McMaster University as the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program. He currently holds the rank of Assistant Clinical Professor. In addition, he teaches qualified plastic surgeons undergoing sub-specialty training (fellowship) his techniques for microsurgical breast reconstruction, fat grafting and cosmetic surgery. As part of his commitment to teaching and ensuring the safety of patients, he helps design the questions used by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada to test the chief residents sitting their final exam in plastic surgery. He is also an instructor for Advanced Trauma Life Support and Advanced Musculoskeletal Limb Support. Dr Rodger Shortt has received considerable recognition in his academic career. At Queen’s Medical School, he was the recipient of the Rattray Scholarship in Ophthalmology, the Bracken Award for Academic Achievement, and the Queen’s University Award in Surgery. During his plastic surgery residency at McMaster University, he was a recipient of the Best Clinical Research Paper. Dr Shortt has been actively involved in plastic surgery research, has been invited to present his research at national and international conferences, and has published articles in key medical journals. In addition to cosmetic surgery, Dr Rodger Shortt is highly trained in reconstructive surgery, including skin cancers, micro-vascular surgery, breast reconstructive surgery, trauma, hand surgery and the treatment of Dupuytren's disease. Committed to providing his community with high quality patient care, Dr Shortt has hospital privileges at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital and Georgetown Hospital, in addition to Burlington, Mississauga, Milton and Hamilton.

• McMaster University (Grad. 2009)
  • Queen's University Kingston (Grad. 2004)

• Tummy tuck
  • Breast augmentation
  • Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Botox injections
  • Face-lift
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Rhinoplasty
  • Liposuction
  • Arm lift
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)

• Assistant Clinical Professor & Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training, McMaster University

Delta Dental