Ratings for Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)

I cannot say enough good things about my surgery and follow up with Dr. Shortt. He is very thorough and honest and my results have been life changing!! I had a tummy tuck and liposuction with minimal discomfort and downtime. I am truly thrilled and can honestly say the whole procedure and follow up was way better than I ever thought possible. If you are considering any procedure, I would highly recommend Dr. Shortt and his team.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2019

I absolutely love the results of my surgery with Dr. Shortt. He was so thorough and honest in our consultations. He asked a lot of questions that helped me decide what I wanted my end results to be and it made me feel he and I were on the same page. I felt very prepared and comfortable going into surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Shortt and his amazing team to anyone considering breast augmentation or any cosmetic procedure.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2019

I would recommend Dr. Shortt to anyone - his professionalism and down-to-earth personality is refreshing . He took the time to listen to me during every appointment and made sure I was at ease throughout the whole process.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2019

Dr Shortt was forthright and honest about predictable results and never once exaggerated what the outcome would be. Professional to the end and very knowledgeable/informative before and post surgery. I never had a doubt about my choice of physician with respect to Dr Shortt and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2019

I am very pleased with my results. I was told by other surgeons that my situation was complex and some were even not willing to take my case on. Dr. Shortt was very open and honest. He was always available to answer questions and made me feel comfortable through it all.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2019

I had an eye lid lift and also tightened up the skin under my eyes...I am more than pleased with my results. My eyes look great and I actually see better!! Dr. Shortt and his staff are friendly and professional and I would highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2019

He gave me back a sense or normalcy after breast cancer!!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2019

I recently received breast augmentation and am extremely happy with the results! Dr. Shortt and his staff are wonderful and very talented. I definitely recommend this surgeon to anyone who is interested in cosmetic surgery.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2019

I recently had a breast reduction and am so happy with the final result - Dr Shortt did an awesome job!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2019

I recently had a scar revision surgery to repair scars from a bilateral mastectomy. Dr Roger Shortt is a Genius, I am so happy with the result it is more than I could have hoped for. I am so grateful to Dr Shortt for his empathy kindness and professionalism. His staff reflected that image and were helpful, knowledgeable and efficient. Even though I had a bilateral I feel very happy when I see myself in the mirror. That says everything.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2019

Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Rodger Shortt is a specialist plastic surgeon and the Chief of Plastic Surgery at Oakville-Trafalgar Memorial Hospital. As well as an Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University and the Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training for Plastic Surgery Residents at McMaster University. He graduated from Queen’s Medical School in 2004 and became certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in 2009. He received further sub-specialty fellowship training with international plastic surgeons in micro-vascular breast reconstruction, cosmetic plastic surgery, and body contouring after bariatric (gastric banding) surgery, significant weight loss or post-pregnancy. In Canada, Dr Shortt received fellowship training with Dr Edward Buchel, from Winnipeg Manitoba, one of the world's best micro-vascular breast surgeons. In Melbourne Australia, Dr Shortt trained with Mr Howard Webster an expert in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery and a recent past president of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Mr Richard Bloom an expert body contouring and reconstructive plastic surgeon, and Dr Bryan Mendelson a world renowned facial surgeon. As a result of his strong reputation for surgical and teaching excellence, Dr Shortt was recruited by McMaster University as the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program. He currently holds the rank of Assistant Clinical Professor. In addition, he teaches qualified plastic surgeons undergoing sub-specialty training (fellowship) his techniques for microsurgical breast reconstruction, fat grafting and cosmetic surgery. As part of his commitment to teaching and ensuring the safety of patients, he helps design the questions used by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada to test the chief residents sitting their final exam in plastic surgery. He spent many years as an instructor for Advanced Trauma Life Support and Advanced Musculoskeletal Limb Support. Dr Rodger Shortt has received considerable recognition in his academic career. At Queen’s Medical School, he was the recipient of the Rattray Scholarship in Ophthalmology, the Bracken Award for Academic Achievement, and the Queen’s University Award in Surgery. During his plastic surgery residency at McMaster University, he was a recipient of the Best Clinical Research Paper. Dr Shortt has been actively involved in plastic surgery research, has been invited to present his research at national and international conferences, and has published articles in key medical journals. In addition to cosmetic surgery, Dr Rodger Shortt is highly trained in reconstructive surgery, including skin cancers, micro-vascular surgery, breast reconstructive surgery, trauma, hand surgery and the treatment of Dupuytren's disease. Committed to providing his community with high quality patient care, Dr Shortt has hospital privileges at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital and Georgetown Hospital, in addition to Burlington, Mississauga, Milton and Hamilton.

• English

• McMaster University (Grad. 2009)
  • Queen's University Kingston (Grad. 2004)

• Tummy Tuck
  • Breast Augmentation
  • Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Botox
  • Face-lift
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Rhinoplasty
  • Liposuction
  • Arm lift
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)
  • Breast Lift
  • Breast reduction surgery

• Assistant Clinical Professor & Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training, McMaster University
  • Chief of Plastic Surgery, Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital