Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)

From the get go the professionalism and expertise I had received far surpassed those from other consultations I had done. I had gone in for a breast augmentation and am amazed from the results. You can tell the enthusiasm and passion Dr.Shortt has for his work. He had stated that afterwards my breast would look “perfect”, I figured anything would be better then what I had. Unbelieving then, here I am now absolutely thrilled with the results. I had a tattoo where the implant insission would be, to my surprise Dr. Shortt was able to work around it as well.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2018

Everyone reacts differently to a diagnosis / treatment of breast cancer. For me, after the mastectomy, I no longer felt whole. I decided reconstructive surgery was the answer which was very intense - but no regrets. The results were good but I still felt a little mismatched. My surgeon referred me to Dr. Shortt. Like so many others on this site, I felt like he knew exactly what I was looking for and how to get there. Dr. Shortt has a great eye and is a creative visionary that can determine what need to be done, coupled with the skill to do it. What really differentiates him from the rest though, is his empathy and understanding. You don't often find doctors who are good at combining the science with compassion. This was a surprising and greatly appreciated aspect of my care. I am 4 weeks post op now and I have to say the results are spectacular. I feel like the sisters have been reunited and I am whole again. If you have had reconstructive surgery and feel you need a little more finessing, take my advice and make it happen. You will be glad you did. I would highly recommend Dr. Shortt to my closest friends and family and to anyone looking for cosmetic improvements. Thank you again. Susan

flag | Submitted October 10, 2018

Amazing plastic surgeon who was initially referred to me by another plastic surgeon. From my first consultation, Dr Shortt immediately knew what surgical procedures were the best option for my situation. No hesitation in diagnosis and recommended plan of action. I’m a breast cancer survivor and I thought a breast reconstruction was a lost cause for me due to my extension radiation treatments and consequential skin damage. Dr Shortt was very methodical and professional throughout the entire 18 month process. Before each surgery, I witnessed assertiveness and confidence with a sure hand mapping my body with his sharpie pen. He made me feel at ease with his good sense of humour and music. My breast cancer journey is at long last over and I am quite happy with the final results. I feel rejuvenated and have gained my confidence back. I am so glad that I didn’t hesitate with my initial decision to go forward with the breast reconstruction. Thank you so much Dr. Shortt.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

I highly recommend Dr. Shortt. I recently had laser surgery on my face and am very pleased with the results. Dr. Shortt was patient, understanding and answered all my questions during our consultation. I later had some concerns about the surgery and Dr. Shortt listened to them and modified the procedure for me. I felt completely confident in his skill, expertise and professionalism and am very glad I went ahead with the surgery.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

Absolutely hands down the best! Dr Shortt is very skilled surgeon and has a warm, caring personality along with a sense of humour which will keep you at ease throughout the whole process. You are in the best hands should you choose Dr. Shortt. Thank you Dr Shortt and Joanne for making my surgical journey a great experience!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Dr Short t was my surgeon for breast reduction, tummy tuck, bra-line back lift and panniculectomy. I was at ease upon our first meeting. I felt he genuinely was on my side and interested in my well being. Although the surgeries I have undergone have been major , the pain was surprisingly minor. I have had excellent recoveries and shockingly minimal scaring. I could not be more satisfied with having been his patient. I did some research about plastic surgery and costs were in line with others. All in all I can not say enough good things about my experience with both Dr. Shortt and his staff

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

Dr Shortt was recommended to me for my explant surgery. I was informed he was the best surgeon for the job and that I would be very happy with the results. We met on a couple of occasions before the surgery and discussed the options of new implants, fat grafting or just an explant. He was courteous, respectful and very knowledgeable. He respected my decision to just have the explant surgery and didn't try to sell me on other procedures. He is all about what's best for his patients. When I had my pre-op at the hospital, the intake nurse couldn't say enough wonderful things about him and his skills. That solidified it for me. I'm very pleased with the results of my explant surgery. It was a unique case in that the implants had completely liquified. They were done 8 years ago by another recommended surgeon in Burlington, not Dr Shortt himself. It seems they were just defective. Dr. Shortt noted that he had never seen any implants come out in that condition. I appreciate that he is following up with the manufacturer to inform them of the situation. if you are choosing implants, please do your research and educate yourself and if you choose to have them done, Dr. Shortt is your guy.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

I have never in my life seen a doctor like Dr. Shortt. Very patient, Sincere, He will never recommend a surgery unless you need it. His staff is amazing. I would and will recommend Dr. Shortt to many of my friends and co-workers.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Recently I had Dr Shortt remove a large lump from the back of my leg. His genuinely friendly manner immediately put me at ease. In the hospital, he explained how the procedure was going to work, which made me feel comfortable. The actual procedure took less than 5 minutes, with no pain. I was completely relaxed, knowing I was in good hands. Dr. Shortt is a true professional, with an amazing bedside manner. I’d trust him to do absolutely any surgical procedure and would feel confident that the outcome would be very successful.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

I had a bump on my thumb removed by Dr Shortt a few years ago. It was e third time I'd had it removed, as it kept growing back, but since Dr Shortt removed it, it hasn't returned!

Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Rodger Shortt is a specialist plastic surgeon who graduated from Queen’s Medical School in 2004 and became certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in 2009. He received further sub-specialty fellowship training with international plastic surgeons in micro-vascular breast reconstruction, cosmetic plastic surgery, and body contouring after bariatric (gastric banding) surgery, significant weight loss or post-pregnancy. In Canada, Dr Shortt received fellowship training with Dr Edward Buchel, from Winnipeg Manitoba, one of the world's best micro-vascular breast surgeons. In Melbourne Australia, Dr Shortt trained with Mr Howard Webster an expert in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery and a recent past president of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Mr Richard Bloom an expert body contouring and reconstructive plastic surgeon, and Dr Bryan Mendelson a world renowned facial surgeon. As a result of his strong reputation for surgical and teaching excellence, Dr Shortt was recruited by McMaster University as the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program. He currently holds the rank of Assistant Clinical Professor. In addition, he teaches qualified plastic surgeons undergoing sub-specialty training (fellowship) his techniques for microsurgical breast reconstruction, fat grafting and cosmetic surgery. As part of his commitment to teaching and ensuring the safety of patients, he helps design the questions used by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada to test the chief residents sitting their final exam in plastic surgery. He is also an instructor for Advanced Trauma Life Support and Advanced Musculoskeletal Limb Support. Dr Rodger Shortt has received considerable recognition in his academic career. At Queen’s Medical School, he was the recipient of the Rattray Scholarship in Ophthalmology, the Bracken Award for Academic Achievement, and the Queen’s University Award in Surgery. During his plastic surgery residency at McMaster University, he was a recipient of the Best Clinical Research Paper. Dr Shortt has been actively involved in plastic surgery research, has been invited to present his research at national and international conferences, and has published articles in key medical journals. In addition to cosmetic surgery, Dr Rodger Shortt is highly trained in reconstructive surgery, including skin cancers, micro-vascular surgery, breast reconstructive surgery, trauma, hand surgery and the treatment of Dupuytren's disease. Committed to providing his community with high quality patient care, Dr Shortt has hospital privileges at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital and Georgetown Hospital, in addition to Burlington, Mississauga, Milton and Hamilton.

• English

• McMaster University (Grad. 2009)
  • Queen's University Kingston (Grad. 2004)

• Tummy Tuck
  • Breast Augmentation
  • Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Botox
  • Face-lift
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Rhinoplasty
  • Liposuction
  • Arm lift
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)

• Assistant Clinical Professor & Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training, McMaster University