Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)

Dr Shortt was recommended to me for my explant surgery. I was informed he was the best surgeon for the job and that I would be very happy with the results. We met on a couple of occasions before the surgery and discussed the options of new implants, fat grafting or just an explant. He was courteous, respectful and very knowledgeable. He respected my decision to just have the explant surgery and didn't try to sell me on other procedures. He is all about what's best for his patients. When I had my pre-op at the hospital, the intake nurse couldn't say enough wonderful things about him and his skills. That solidified it for me. I'm very pleased with the results of my explant surgery. It was a unique case in that the implants had completely liquified. They were done 8 years ago by another recommended surgeon in Burlington, not Dr Shortt himself. It seems they were just defective. Dr. Shortt noted that he had never seen any implants come out in that condition. I appreciate that he is following up with the manufacturer to inform them of the situation. if you are choosing implants, please do your research and educate yourself and if you choose to have them done, Dr. Shortt is your guy.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

I have never in my life seen a doctor like Dr. Shortt. Very patient, Sincere, He will never recommend a surgery unless you need it. His staff is amazing. I would and will recommend Dr. Shortt to many of my friends and co-workers.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Recently I had Dr Shortt remove a large lump from the back of my leg. His genuinely friendly manner immediately put me at ease. In the hospital, he explained how the procedure was going to work, which made me feel comfortable. The actual procedure took less than 5 minutes, with no pain. I was completely relaxed, knowing I was in good hands. Dr. Shortt is a true professional, with an amazing bedside manner. I’d trust him to do absolutely any surgical procedure and would feel confident that the outcome would be very successful.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

I had a bump on my thumb removed by Dr Shortt a few years ago. It was e third time I'd had it removed, as it kept growing back, but since Dr Shortt removed it, it hasn't returned!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Dr. Shortt performed breast reduction/tummy tuck surgery and I am very happy with the results. He is a masterful surgeon and he has exceeded my expectations. I'm a 64 yr. old woman who has lived with shoulder and back pain for years. I decided to have a breast reduction in the hope of easing this discomfort and improving my quality of life in retirement. I was able to discuss questions and concerns easily with Dr. Shortt. He has a quiet, kind manner , complemented by a good sense of humour. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Shortt to my family and friends. The office staff are also very professional, friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

Dr Shortt was has been incredible! I went to him in search of options for correctly my breast asymmetry. I read a lot of reviews for plastic surgeons in and around Toronto and I chose Dr Shortt because his reviews were overwhelmingly positive. Initially, I was interested in fat grafting because I feared an implant would be obvious. At my consultation, Dr Shortt explained the advantages and disadvantages of both options. His opinion was that an implant would actually be the better choice because breast augmentation with an implant is much more predictable and due to the difference in my breasts, I would probably need multiple sessions of fat grafting, which would get quite expensive. After the consultation, I understood why an implant would be the better choice for me and my body. He wrote a letter on my behalf advocating that my surgery be covered by OHIP, the Ontario Health Insurance Plan, and they agreed to cover it! I really appreciated that Dr Shortt was honest about what he thought would make me the most happy (an implant in one side), not what would make him the most money (multiple sessions of fat grafting). Throughout the whole process, he was patient, understanding, and confident. His sense of humour put me at ease on surgery day and I couldn't be happier with the results of my surgery. I didn't want bigger breasts, just more symmetrical ones and he managed to balance me out beautifully without even touching my bigger left breast. My surgery was three weeks ago and except for the scar (which is healing beautifully) you can't even tell I had surgery. My new breast looks and feels great and I can't stop buying pretty new bras now that any bra will work for me. I can't wait for bikini season! Dr Shortt is talented, trustworthy, and kind. As soon as you meet him, you'll see that he truly cares about your happiness. Thank you, Dr Shortt!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

I would 100% recommend Dr. Shortt and his staff to anyone who is considering breast reconstruction surgery. Dr. Shortt is a very knowledgeable, thorough and compassionate surgeon. i felt comfortable with him from the first consultation appointment. He answered every question we had and was never in a rush. I am very grateful to Dr. Shortt for his expertise and his skills for making me feel like a whole woman again Thank you so much !!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

My experience with Dr. Shortt was great. I highly recommend Dr Shortt if you are considering any surgery. He did my breast reconstruction twice and each was very professional . He also took care of me after that so no concerns.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

I had the great pleasure of meeting Dr. Shortt for my initial assessment this week. My appointment was not only on time, but they were able to accommodate my early arrival. Dr. Shortt was a delight. He immediately put me at ease and was not in a rush. He was thorough, professional and clearly is the expert in his field. This is my second assessment and and I very happy that I held out for this referral.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Great Doctor with a great front office staff. Joanne amazing. Dr. Shortt is kinda, and helpful he is definitely a recommended Dr.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Rodger Shortt is a specialist plastic surgeon who graduated from Queen’s Medical School in 2004 and became certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in 2009. He received further sub-specialty fellowship training with international plastic surgeons in micro-vascular breast reconstruction, cosmetic plastic surgery, and body contouring after bariatric (gastric banding) surgery, significant weight loss or post-pregnancy. In Canada, Dr Shortt received fellowship training with Dr Edward Buchel, from Winnipeg Manitoba, one of the world's best micro-vascular breast surgeons. In Melbourne Australia, Dr Shortt trained with Mr Howard Webster an expert in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery and a recent past president of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Mr Richard Bloom an expert body contouring and reconstructive plastic surgeon, and Dr Bryan Mendelson a world renowned facial surgeon. As a result of his strong reputation for surgical and teaching excellence, Dr Shortt was recruited by McMaster University as the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program. He currently holds the rank of Assistant Clinical Professor. In addition, he teaches qualified plastic surgeons undergoing sub-specialty training (fellowship) his techniques for microsurgical breast reconstruction, fat grafting and cosmetic surgery. As part of his commitment to teaching and ensuring the safety of patients, he helps design the questions used by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada to test the chief residents sitting their final exam in plastic surgery. He is also an instructor for Advanced Trauma Life Support and Advanced Musculoskeletal Limb Support. Dr Rodger Shortt has received considerable recognition in his academic career. At Queen’s Medical School, he was the recipient of the Rattray Scholarship in Ophthalmology, the Bracken Award for Academic Achievement, and the Queen’s University Award in Surgery. During his plastic surgery residency at McMaster University, he was a recipient of the Best Clinical Research Paper. Dr Shortt has been actively involved in plastic surgery research, has been invited to present his research at national and international conferences, and has published articles in key medical journals. In addition to cosmetic surgery, Dr Rodger Shortt is highly trained in reconstructive surgery, including skin cancers, micro-vascular surgery, breast reconstructive surgery, trauma, hand surgery and the treatment of Dupuytren's disease. Committed to providing his community with high quality patient care, Dr Shortt has hospital privileges at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital and Georgetown Hospital, in addition to Burlington, Mississauga, Milton and Hamilton.

• English

• McMaster University (Grad. 2009)
  • Queen's University Kingston (Grad. 2004)

• Tummy tuck
  • Breast augmentation
  • Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Botox injections
  • Face-lift
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Rhinoplasty
  • Liposuction
  • Arm lift
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)

• Assistant Clinical Professor & Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training, McMaster University

AARP