Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)

Dr. Shortt preformed a gynecomastia gland removal on me, I am 20 years old and have been dealing with gynecomastia my whole life, it has caused me alot of pain and discomfort. I am very athletic and fitness is my passion, having these glands affected how I looked cosmetically as well. I was recommended by my doctor to have Dr. Shortt as my surgeon, and I am so happy I was recommended to him. Throughout the process getting ready for my surgery he was extremely knowledgeable and professional providing all the information I needed to know. His staff were very helpful as well and I sent several emails asking questions and always got a reply right away. The surgery itself went really well and I was surprised that there was very little pain following the surgery, I didn't really need any painkillers. He removed both glands which happened to be quite large from my chest. I saw Dr Shortt for follow up appointments for the first 3 weeks after, we were both extremely happy with how I was healing and the results. In fact, I am blown away by how much better I look, there is no scar at all and no soreness and discomfort like I had before I got the surgery done. I'm impressed, and I haven't even healed fully yet since I am only 3 weeks out, I am looking forward to the final results because it's only going to get better from here. This was a life changing surgery for me, I am so pleased I was able to get the opportunity to have such a great surgeon perform it. If you are a male that is looking for a good surgeon to perform this type of surgery, I am confident that you will be beyond happy with what Dr. Shortt can do, I know I was. Thank you.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2019

Dr. Shortt performed a breast reduction on me and I can honestly say I haven never felt better. Dr Shortt and his staff were extremely professional and helpful, answering any questions before, during recovery and in the months after. I have so much more energy now and I am so pleased and excited with my new shape. Thank you so much!!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2019

I had sought a breast reduction to ease the back and neck pain I had endured for years. I had met a few other plastic surgeons over a year period. I had never been comfortable or confident enough to make the decision to have surgery...not until I met with Dr Shortt. I had been afraid of surgery and never felt convinced it was worth it. After my consultation with Dr Shortt , I was excited about how he could help. He made me feel very comfortable. During the initial examination we also spoke about the large deposits of skin and fat under my arms - a constant source of embarrassment and discomfort. I had not worn anything sleeveless in years as they spilled out. He spoke to me about "auxiliary breast tissue removal". I was thrilled there was something that could be done and both surgeries could be performed together When explaining what the procedure would entail and the recovery time, he spoke with me not at me. He acknowledged my fears and concerns. All my questions had been answered and I knew that surgery was the right decision and he was the right surgeon for me! ( I was so excited about the prospect now that I shared with my daughter now amazing he was - she had also meet other plastic surgeons for implants for herself - she met him and was also so impressed - she had her surgery performed by him as well!) The surgery went well. At all the follow up appointments, he was always timely. You would think being exposed and examined would be uncomfortable, but is wasn't. He is such a professional and put you at such ease with him that I never had the chance to feel uncomfortable He would exam the areas and scars and instruct how to best take care of them. He shared in my joy and excitement for the difference this had made! I feel better and look better I also want to mention what an amazing team he has as well. Everyone I came into contact with at his office were amazing! I can't come up with one thing that I feel he could have improved on. Without any hesitation I would, and do, recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2019

At 51 years of age and many, many years of pain, I sought out a Surgeon who would perform for me an OHIP covered Breast Reduction and after a great deal of research, I selected Dr Shortt based on his credentials and experience. Reviewing his past surgery accomplishments, I soon wanted the “Mommy Makeover”. At my first appointment, I was pleasantly surprised by the Dr Shortt’s demeanor. He was found to be very approachable and empathetic. He took the time to explain everything that I needed to know and also answered all of my questions without making it seem a burden. He went through step by step what I would go through during and after my surgery. As a very self-conscious person, he was able to make me feel very comfortable being fully exposed and was professional every step of the way. His Support Staff are all so very courteous and professional. As far as the surgery itself, I would have to say I think that not only is he an excellent Surgeon, he is a Sculptor. I am extremely pleased with the results. The few people that I have shown my stomach and newly formed belly button are astounded at the results. Currently I am 9 weeks post op and feel wonderful and able to go back to the gym. Dr Shortt being a Perfectionist wants another 6mth appt to ensure that I remain am as happy as I am today and that the scarring is as minimal as possible. He has changed my life and I am very grateful. I would and have recommended him to several people already.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2019

I am currently 5 weeks post op and am extremely pleased with my results so far and Dr.Shortt told me if I'm happy with the results so far, wait until I'm finally healed. Dr Shortt is an amazing doctor, his bedside manner is impeccable and at every step of the way he made me feel comfortable and you could tell he genuinely really cared. He took his time to listen to me and my concerns and reassured me he would do his very best, and the results so far are amazing, I am extremely happy and feel amazing. With any big surgery it can be scarey and nervous but Dr.Shortt is very knowledgeable and most of the time had already answered all my questions I had for him and he put me at ease. His staff are amazing to work with too, especially Joanne. Thank you guys, from my very first consult to today you have made this whole experience absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend you definitely go see Dr.Shortt his professionalism and the fact that he actually treats you like a person first shows he really cares.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2019

I am very pleased with the excellent work of Dr. Rodger Shortt. His expertise and great manners helped me a lot through the difficult times and multiple operations I went through. As a cancer breast patient, I had two mastectomies for my right and left breasts. Dr. Short joined the surgeon on my second mastectomy and started his wonderful work of inserting the breast tissue expanders. I visited Dr. Shortt’s clinic several times to inject the saline into the breast expanders. During these visits, I appreciated the staff pleasant attitudes and Dr. Shortt recommendations. At the last stage of the process, Dr. Shortt removed the breast expanders and inserted the breast implants and he reconstructed my nipples from my breast skin. I am very pleased with the wonderful job Dr. Shortt has completed. I highly recommend Dr. Shortt and wish him every success with all the patients.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2019

About 8 years ago I had a lumpectomy leaving my breasts very unbalanced. It has made super uncomfortable about my appearance especially in a bathing suite. Dr. Shortt did an amazing job fixing this. I am so very grateful for all the hard work he did. My girls look like twins instead of cousins. Also, his staff is excellent and caring. I am so happy and recommend him to anyone who needs a good Plastic Surgeon who listens and get the best possible results for his patient.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2019

So unbelievably happy with my tummy tuck results with Dr. Shortt! After having two big babies (9&11.5 lb) I was left with stretched abdominal skin and a gap in my abdominal wall that no amount of working out was going to fix (and I tried!!!) I knew I was going to need surgery but it was a long road of research and decision making including visiting many surgeons before making my decision to go with Dr. Shortt. He did not disappoint! From the appointments, to the surgery techniques, products, his nursing and support staff, and after surgery care I could not be happier with my decision to go with him nor with my results. To start Dr. Shortt was very personable, he listened to what I wanted and seemed to really care about my concerns and get what I was looking for. Dr. Shortt was able to clearly explain his techniques and provide me with numerous before and after pictures. I had zero complications throughout surgery and my recovery and believe that was definitely due to the time and care Dr. Shortt took with me. I am so happy with my results and my decision to go with Dr. Shortt! I would highly recommend him!!!!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2019

I had a tummy tuck and breast reduction with Dr.Shortt and I am BEYOND thrilled with my results. He is such an amazing surgeon - he is knowledgeable, super talented and so helpful every step of the way and the results are truly amazing - he has changed me life and given me a whole new fabulous me!! I would highly highly recommend Dr Shortt to all my friends and family! Thank you again SO much Dr Shortt.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2019

I had peroneal nerve damage below my left knee, resulting in the inability to hold up my foot (drop foot), severe lower leg pain, and loss of sensation in most toes. This considerably affected my mobility and daily activities and, since I also required a knee replacement, I was starting to lose hope of ever being able to walk properly again. During my first visit with Dr. Short, he calmly and thoroughly explained the necessary surgery, its possible risks, and prognosis for recovery. Within two hours after Dr. Shortt performed the nerve surgery, I was thrilled to again be able to move my foot and toes! I had knee replacement surgery two weeks later, and, since my foot was steadily improving, was able to concentrate on learning to walk properly and perform all physio exercises. I was fortunate that Dr. Shortt performed the critical nerve surgery, and appreciate both his medical expertise and easygoing, confidence-inspiring, personality. I highly recommend Dr. Shortt to anyone requiring or considering specialized surgery.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2018

Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Rodger Shortt is a specialist plastic surgeon and the Chief of Plastic Surgery at Oakville-Trafalgar Memorial Hospital. As well as an Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University and the Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training for Plastic Surgery Residents at McMaster University. He graduated from Queen’s Medical School in 2004 and became certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in 2009. He received further sub-specialty fellowship training with international plastic surgeons in micro-vascular breast reconstruction, cosmetic plastic surgery, and body contouring after bariatric (gastric banding) surgery, significant weight loss or post-pregnancy. In Canada, Dr Shortt received fellowship training with Dr Edward Buchel, from Winnipeg Manitoba, one of the world's best micro-vascular breast surgeons. In Melbourne Australia, Dr Shortt trained with Mr Howard Webster an expert in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery and a recent past president of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Mr Richard Bloom an expert body contouring and reconstructive plastic surgeon, and Dr Bryan Mendelson a world renowned facial surgeon. As a result of his strong reputation for surgical and teaching excellence, Dr Shortt was recruited by McMaster University as the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program. He currently holds the rank of Assistant Clinical Professor. In addition, he teaches qualified plastic surgeons undergoing sub-specialty training (fellowship) his techniques for microsurgical breast reconstruction, fat grafting and cosmetic surgery. As part of his commitment to teaching and ensuring the safety of patients, he helps design the questions used by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada to test the chief residents sitting their final exam in plastic surgery. He spent many years as an instructor for Advanced Trauma Life Support and Advanced Musculoskeletal Limb Support. Dr Rodger Shortt has received considerable recognition in his academic career. At Queen’s Medical School, he was the recipient of the Rattray Scholarship in Ophthalmology, the Bracken Award for Academic Achievement, and the Queen’s University Award in Surgery. During his plastic surgery residency at McMaster University, he was a recipient of the Best Clinical Research Paper. Dr Shortt has been actively involved in plastic surgery research, has been invited to present his research at national and international conferences, and has published articles in key medical journals. In addition to cosmetic surgery, Dr Rodger Shortt is highly trained in reconstructive surgery, including skin cancers, micro-vascular surgery, breast reconstructive surgery, trauma, hand surgery and the treatment of Dupuytren's disease. Committed to providing his community with high quality patient care, Dr Shortt has hospital privileges at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital and Georgetown Hospital, in addition to Burlington, Mississauga, Milton and Hamilton.

• English

• McMaster University (Grad. 2009)
  • Queen's University Kingston (Grad. 2004)

• Tummy Tuck
  • Breast Augmentation
  • Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Botox
  • Face-lift
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Rhinoplasty
  • Liposuction
  • Arm lift
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)
  • Breast Lift
  • Breast reduction surgery

• Assistant Clinical Professor & Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training, McMaster University
  • Chief of Plastic Surgery, Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital