Ratings for Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, FRCSC)

Absolutely beautiful results! I couldn't have chosen a better surgeon for breast augmentation and lift. He made me cry I was so happy!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I am the writer of the comment in which I was sexually assaulted at twelve but I hit the wrong key and I think the comment was sent before I finished it. I just have to say that Dr. Rodger Shortt did exactly what he said he would do to remove the tissue which was left after I lost sixty four pounds fifteen years ago . The skin under the overhang if tissue was always very red and burned and did not heal no matter what cream I put on it. I am so pleased with the results of my surgery and the after care is very good and the Dr is very attentive .I am a former surgical nursed and would recommend his and his clinic to any one whom asked me. Total satisfaction .

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I heard Dr. Shortt speak at the BRA (Breast Reconstruction Awareness) event in September 2014. I opted for a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with invasive breast cancer, March 2014. What a journey! After meeting with other pastic surgeons to learn about their breast reconstruction methods, I opted to go with Dr. Shortt's bilateral breast DIEP reconstruction which used my own tissue (fat) - April 2016. The results were good; I was happy to have breasts again but there was more he felt could be done to make them even more natural. In April 2017, he removed the flap and created nipples. Instead of having cat-eye scars on each breast, there is only one now. Indeed, an incredible improvement. Dr. Shortt takes incredible pride in his work and valued having a relationship with me. Having cancer was enough of an experience; I waffled between anger and gratitude - anger because cancer mutilated my body and gratitude because my breasts could be removed and I was living to tell the tale. It would have been easy to just live with wearing prosthesis however when I thought back to the BRA event and hearing the stories of other woman who had their breasts reconstructed, I found the inspiration I needed to face another doctor and more surgeries. Happy to say it's all behind me now. Dr. Shortt's presentation at the BRA event, his dedication to perfecting breast reconstruction surgical techniques and his ability to relate to people is extraordinary. Also, a shout-out to Joanne who was easy to connect with via email and responded quickly to questions or concerns. They make a good team!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

From the moment I spoke with Dr. Shortt, I knew I had made the right decision in choosing Briarwood Cosmetic. For some time now, I have wanted to refresh my appearance but was unsure of what to do, what was possible or even where to begin! I was feeling quite nervous and anxious, but with his calm demeanour, Dr. Shortt quickly made me feel at ease and walked me through my options. In the end, we agreed that a non surgical laser treatment would help achieve my goal. I could not be more pleased with the results!!! My face is free of sun damage and spots... I feel (and look) 10 years younger!!! Thank you Dr. Shortt

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

We should all be so lucky to have an incredible plastic surgeon such as Dr Shortt. The moment you consult with him, you feel at ease. His sense of humour, patience, knowledge and honesty is truly within a league of its own. I had a Belkyra treatment performed by Dr Shortt - this was to minimize the appearance of the excess fat in my chin (something that has always bothered me). With a minimally invasive procedure the results were far beyond my expectations, I no longer feel the need to cover the lower part of my face - such a confidence boost! I am finally photogenic! My only regret is that I did not connect with Dr Shortt sooner. I highly recommend this phenomenal surgeon! The Briarwood team is very experienced and understanding, such a comfortable environment. Thank you, I can’t wait to come back!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Very pleased with Dr.Shortt. I had ablation to my face on Nov.10 and I am very pleased with the results. He is very professional, kind, you really feel at ease and make you trust him. I will recommend him to anyone who think having any plastic procedure. My husband made an appointment with him for liposuction in April 2017. THANK YOU DR. SHORTT

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

I had Septoplasty surgery and it was done very well; no scars and healing was fast. I can breath properly and smell very well now. Thank you Dr. Shortt

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Dr. Shortt was professional and was able to put my mind at ease for my procedure through his likable demeanor. He explained all the aspects and risks in a way that I could understand easily. His staff was also extremely helpful and friendly. After the operation, he was always available for any questions or concerns I may have had. He truly is a talented doctor. Every time I look in the mirror, I feel like I've been brought back in time 20 years, all thanks to Dr. Shortt:)

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Such an amazing Dr.!!! listens to what you're looking to achieve and explains everything in detail. Really took his time guiding me through my process of having a tummy tuck and fat transfer to breasts. I'd go back for any future treatments in a heartbeat. Thank you Dr. Shortt and your wonderful staff

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I saw Dr.Shortt in regards to a rhinoplasty and deviated septum. I had met with Dr. Shortt for a number of consultations and each time he was sure to hear all my concerns and hopes for the surgery and made sure I felt comfortable with the surgery. I am so pleased with the results and how well everything healed! I couldn't be happier and Dr. Shortt did a great job.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, FRCSC)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Rodger Shortt is a specialist plastic surgeon who graduated from Queen’s Medical School in 2004 and became certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in 2009. He received further sub-specialty fellowship training with international plastic surgeons in micro-vascular breast reconstruction, cosmetic plastic surgery, and body contouring after bariatric (gastric banding) surgery, significant weight loss or post-pregnancy. In Canada, Dr Shortt received fellowship training with Dr Edward Buchel, from Winnipeg Manitoba, one of the world's best micro-vascular breast surgeons. In Melbourne Australia, Dr Shortt trained with Mr Howard Webster an expert in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery and a recent past president of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Mr Richard Bloom an expert body contouring and reconstructive plastic surgeon, and Dr Bryan Mendelson a world renowned facial surgeon. As a result of his strong reputation for surgical and teaching excellence, Dr Shortt was recruited by McMaster University as the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program. He currently holds the rank of Assistant Clinical Professor. In addition, he teaches qualified plastic surgeons undergoing sub-specialty training (fellowship) his techniques for microsurgical breast reconstruction, fat grafting and cosmetic surgery. As part of his commitment to teaching and ensuring the safety of patients, he helps design the questions used by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada to test the chief residents sitting their final exam in plastic surgery. He is also an instructor for Advanced Trauma Life Support and Advanced Musculoskeletal Limb Support. Dr Rodger Shortt has received considerable recognition in his academic career. At Queen’s Medical School, he was the recipient of the Rattray Scholarship in Ophthalmology, the Bracken Award for Academic Achievement, and the Queen’s University Award in Surgery. During his plastic surgery residency at McMaster University, he was a recipient of the Best Clinical Research Paper. Dr Shortt has been actively involved in plastic surgery research, has been invited to present his research at national and international conferences, and has published articles in key medical journals. In addition to cosmetic surgery, Dr Rodger Shortt is highly trained in reconstructive surgery, including skin cancers, micro-vascular surgery, breast reconstructive surgery, trauma, hand surgery and the treatment of Dupuytren's disease. Committed to providing his community with high quality patient care, Dr Shortt has hospital privileges at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital and Georgetown Hospital, in addition to Burlington, Mississauga, Milton and Hamilton.

• McMaster University (Grad. 2009)
  • Queen's University Kingston (Grad. 2004)

• Tummy tuck
  • Breast augmentation
  • Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Botox injections
  • Face-lift
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Rhinoplasty
  • Liposuction
  • Arm lift
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)

• Assistant Clinical Professor & Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training, McMaster University

Request an Appointment