Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)

I went to Dr. Shortt for the removal of an infected cyst. Dr. Shortt and his staff were so caring and supportive through all of my treatment. Thank you all so much! I would highly recommend Dr. Shortt.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I went to see Dr. Short for botox treatement and for the first time, face fillers. I had a wonderful experience. All the staff were very pleasant and made me feel comfortable. Once the procedures began, Dr. Short explained, with his easy style and wonderful sense of humour, all that was going to happen, making me feel extremely at ease. I am very pleased with my results. I can not thank you enough, Dr. Short, for making me look refreshed and feeling more vibrant. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

For years I’ve been putting up with back and shoulder pain, and I finally decided that I had to have a breast reduction. The minute you walk in the door you know that you are in good hands. Everyone in the office is professional and courteous. Dr. Shortt was always on time, and took time to ensure that I had all the information I needed. Dr. Shortt has a top notch surgical team and therefore I had exceptional results. My breasts are spectacular. I’m a new person. I feel lighter and the tension/pressure is gone from my back and shoulders. I regret that I didn’t do this earlier. Dr. Shortt’s work is second to none. Aside from being an expert plastic surgeon, he is kind and caring. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Shortt.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

We went to see Dr. Shortt yesterday, September 11, about my 87-year-old mother’s pressure ulcer (coccyx) and were very disappointed by the visit. We had a long wait to get the appointment, then the doctor was 2 hours and 15 minutes late seeing us (at 12:15 pm for a 10:00 am appointment), and then because he had, what we assume was a hectic morning (and he was already over 2 ¼ hours behind time) he spent 4 minutes with us – he was gone by 12:19. Thus he did not read the ET nurse’s notes (explaining in one concise paragraph the reason for our appointment) and he did not want to hear any questions from me. Each time in that precious 4 minutes that I respectfully (and plaintively) tried to ask for clarification, he raised his voice (and accused me of doing the same, but I can tell you since I wanted his help I was very careful to be very respectful in my tone). The long and the short of it is that he chose not to find time for my elderly mother or me (who was trying to get help on her behalf). Through careful nursing and home care (I ended my career to be at home) for over 18 months, the wound has decreased from 7 x 6 x 4.5 cm to 1.7 x 0.5 x 0.3 cm. Despite many different dressings (with minimal to greater occlusion), the wound had remained moist, preventing final healing. The dedicated and talented ET nurse who has overseen the care for the very beginning was asking for help. I am dismayed that Dr. Shortt begrudged the 4 minutes and did not have the time to hear my questions or the respect to read the dedicated ET nurse’s concerns. He did not even let me tell him that we have tried less occlusive dressing (his recommendation) and it has done nothing to solve the problem. That is what the ET nurse was trying to tell him.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)

Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)'s response
I am sorry you did not have a better experience. I try my very best to provide great care to everyone. I know the wait at fracture clinic can be long. Sometimes there are a lot of patients with complex needs. Despite this I do try to give everyone my full attention and the best possible care plan. I would be happy to go over things with you again it it would help.

Submitted September 12, 2017

In late January 2017, Dr. Shortt peformed a Diep Flap reconstruction after a double masectomy followed by fat grafting and nipple reconstrction this past July. Throughout this process which began with my first consultation almost two years ago, Dr. Shortt has been easy to talk to, informative and reassuring with any questions or concerns. The decision to undertake this surgery did not come easy, but from my first appointment with Dr. Shortt I was immediately assured that I had found the right surgeon for me and felt completely comfortable with my decision. Certainly having reviewed former patients testimonials of their experience's with Dr. Shortt also gave me confidence as does his extensive education and experience. He approaches his craft with a desire to achieve the best result possible, understanding that every patient and situation is different, I can only speak to my result, and that result is far more than I hoped for. His skill, knowledge and attention to detail is remarkable. As a nine year breast cancer survivor, he removed the proverbial elephant from my chest and replaced it with a natural looking reconstruction. Keep up the good work Dr. Shortt you impact your patients lives in a profound way, I am most grateful. Thank you also to Joanne and Kristen for all your assistance.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I went to Dr. Shortt from a brachioplasty and thigh lift following significant weight loss. From the initial consultation, the morning of the surgery and through out the entire recovery period, Dr. Shortt took the time to explain all possible options and procedures to you, made you feel extremely comfortable and did everything possible to ensure you received the best care possible. I am extremely pleased with the results of my surgery and felt like a brand new person afterwards. I drove from 3 hours out of town to have Dr. Shortt as my surgeon for all consults, surgery and follow ups and will do it again when I am ready for my next procedure. My experience with Dr. Shortt and his staff was nothing but amazing!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

Dr. Shortt was knowledgeable &patient answering my questions. We are absolutely thrilled with the end result and would recommend him to anyone considering any type of self-improvement surgery.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Shortt for Botox treatments for the past few years and every time I walk away wondering how I can help him as much as he helps me so thought I'd take to RateMDs! Dr. Shortt is so caring and is appreciative of my wanting to reduce the lines and time that age has brought while balancing not wanting to look 'too fake'! He always works with me to achieve the desired outcome and is patient in his approach. Dr. Shortt presents with with all my options and is never sales like or pushy with the options available. He works with his patients based on their individual needs. To top it all off - the staff and colleagues at his office demonstrate the same caring, confidentiality and patience as Dr. Shortt. Things always run smoothly and on time - an experience I do not find at most medical offices today. I would recommend Dr. Shortt to anyone who (like me) was hesitant to see a cosmetic surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr. Shortt did my breast implant removal. He was extremely professionsl, going out of his way to make sure all my questions are answered. My results are fantastic and have exceeded my wildest expectations.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

My experience with Dr. Shortt was excellent throughout my pre surgical appointments for mastectomy, during the surgery and post surgery during my recovery and subsequent reconstructive surgery. Dr. Shortt was professional and personable at all times, very direct, thorough and clear in his communication, always taking the time to answer my many questions. Dr. Shortt's manner is caring and professional, and he was able to put me at ease with the procedures. Dr. Shortt's excellent care and surgical expertise produced great outcomes which exceeded my expectations! Dr. Shortt's staff is also excellent, attentive and caring, ensuring good communication throughout my procedures and numerous appointments.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr. Rodger Shortt (Plastic Surgeon, Frcsc)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Rodger Shortt is a specialist plastic surgeon who graduated from Queen’s Medical School in 2004 and became certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in 2009. He received further sub-specialty fellowship training with international plastic surgeons in micro-vascular breast reconstruction, cosmetic plastic surgery, and body contouring after bariatric (gastric banding) surgery, significant weight loss or post-pregnancy. In Canada, Dr Shortt received fellowship training with Dr Edward Buchel, from Winnipeg Manitoba, one of the world's best micro-vascular breast surgeons. In Melbourne Australia, Dr Shortt trained with Mr Howard Webster an expert in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery and a recent past president of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Mr Richard Bloom an expert body contouring and reconstructive plastic surgeon, and Dr Bryan Mendelson a world renowned facial surgeon. As a result of his strong reputation for surgical and teaching excellence, Dr Shortt was recruited by McMaster University as the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Training Program. He currently holds the rank of Assistant Clinical Professor. In addition, he teaches qualified plastic surgeons undergoing sub-specialty training (fellowship) his techniques for microsurgical breast reconstruction, fat grafting and cosmetic surgery. As part of his commitment to teaching and ensuring the safety of patients, he helps design the questions used by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada to test the chief residents sitting their final exam in plastic surgery. He is also an instructor for Advanced Trauma Life Support and Advanced Musculoskeletal Limb Support. Dr Rodger Shortt has received considerable recognition in his academic career. At Queen’s Medical School, he was the recipient of the Rattray Scholarship in Ophthalmology, the Bracken Award for Academic Achievement, and the Queen’s University Award in Surgery. During his plastic surgery residency at McMaster University, he was a recipient of the Best Clinical Research Paper. Dr Shortt has been actively involved in plastic surgery research, has been invited to present his research at national and international conferences, and has published articles in key medical journals. In addition to cosmetic surgery, Dr Rodger Shortt is highly trained in reconstructive surgery, including skin cancers, micro-vascular surgery, breast reconstructive surgery, trauma, hand surgery and the treatment of Dupuytren's disease. Committed to providing his community with high quality patient care, Dr Shortt has hospital privileges at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital and Georgetown Hospital, in addition to Burlington, Mississauga, Milton and Hamilton.

• McMaster University (Grad. 2009)
  • Queen's University Kingston (Grad. 2004)

• Tummy tuck
  • Breast augmentation
  • Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Botox injections
  • Face-lift
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Rhinoplasty
  • Liposuction
  • Arm lift
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)

• Assistant Clinical Professor & Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training, McMaster University