Ratings for Dr. Ute Bucksteg

Well I have been going to Dr. Bucksteg for about eight months. And I love her!!!! She told me at our greet and meet that if I was hoping to have a dr that was on time, that she would not be the dr. for me. As she doesn't like to rush her patients out. I was happy to be forewarned and appreciated it. I find her very caring and thorough. I will never change dr. again. And as for what she wears, I find her fresh and lively, well done Dr. Bucksteg!!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

I would NEVER recommend this doctor. She is very condescending. She does not try to help at all. I had to tell her what type of specialist I needed to see and it took 3 appointments and a letter from another doctor to finally get her to send me to see a specialist. I don't think she knows enough to be a medical doctor. She loves to speak to the other doctors in her native Afrikaans and does not seem to have totally grasped English. I have been seeing her since she got to Canada unfortunately as there are no doctors taking new patients in Nanaimo. She does not follow up on anything and when I have an appointment she looks at me as if this is my first visit and has no idea why I am there. She has taken away a medication that I was successfully using without any issues for 10 years and has not been able to give me something that works as well. My pharmacist helped me find something that would work, so I wrote that down and then she prescribed it. I feel much more confident speaking to my pharmacist than I do this doctor. As soon as I find someone else I am GONE! If I could give her and her receptionist Joy a rating of ZERO I would.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

She is awesome and very thorough! I feel so much better. Thank you Dr Bucksteg.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Very efficient. Was not rushed. Listened to concerns. I really liked her. Seems knowledgable and takes the time to really care

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I was very pleased with my visit ... Dr. Bucksteg was very warm, friendly, open, helpful and knowledgeable. The procedure I had with her was quick, not painful as I was anticipating and she gave me much more time than other doctors I had ever had ...maybe that's why she can be late according to other comments. She truly cares! DO NOT JUDGE A DOCTOR BY THEIR CLOTHES! If you do , then you have much to learn about what's important in life.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

NEVER on time. Pushes the extreme treatment before trying less invasive options first. Pushes pills. Poor listener. Inappropriate attire. Has a rule of one ailment per appointment. If you have a sore toe and a sore finger - you need two appointments.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Love her!!!! She is very professional and thorough.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr Bucksteg was not a good listener and on several ocassions over exaggerated my (ongoing) medical condition which caused 2 unnecessary CT scans and a lot of stress for me. I have since moved on to a new Doctor and am very happy with her....a very positive move for me 😊

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

running late for booked appointments is a symptom that your GP spends more time with someone that is allocated, this is not a failing but rather good interpersonal care and concern. I have always been more that satisfed with any of the interactions with Dr Bucksteg and have always felt she is genuinely interested in me and my health ad have no complaints what so ever.

Submitted February 27, 2017

When I read some of the other comments, I feel I am not seeing the same Dr. I never make my doctor wait for me but I understand and respect when they are running late. To me, it means that she is not rushing patients out. I would think that this would be a very hard thing to balance. She does try to address one issue at a time and encourages booking another appointment. If I have more than one issue, I ask her and she will tell me if she has time or not to discuss anything further. I find her very knowledgeable and professional. She has never shown me anything but caring, compassion and concern as a physician. If you have something that she cannot figure out, she shows no hesitation in ordering tests or sending you to a specialist. She makes sure that your ailment is identified, treated and follows up with you. I would recommend this doctor 100%. Does one really care what a doctor wears? really? I would think you should care about their skills and medical knowledge....I will never switch again.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017