Ratings for Dr. Leah Hackett

I moved provinces during my third trimester and had the unique experience of transferring from an obstetrician to a midwife. The care Leah provided was outstanding and infinitely more personal than my previous obstetrician. Leah is intelligent, thoughtful, caring and funny! I really cannot put into words how much I appreciated having her support during pregnancy, birth and postpartum. I look forward to receiving her care again with my next child!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I am so grateful to have had Leah as our midwife for the birth of our little girl. She was so supportive, respectful, and knowledgeable every step of the way. We had originally planned for a birth at the birth centre in Ottawa, but after hearing the beautiful story of a recent home birth Leah attended, we decided that we wanted that experience as well. Things didn't quite go according to plan however. My wife's water broke with meconium and no contractions. We tried to get things going naturally, but were unsuccessful. After consulting with Leah, we decided the safest option was to head to Brockville for a hospital birth and for my wife to be induced. We were very disappointed at this point, but of course wanted our girl to be safe. Leah was so supportive and understanding of our wishes to keep the whole experience as natural as we could. She gave me and my mother-in-law guidance on how to help my wife to feel as comfortable and supported as possible. We look back on our girl's birth as a beautiful and positive experience and can't (but will) wait to have our next little one with Leah too!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I've had Leah for two of my three children's births. (Only because she had her baby two months before my second was due.) My third labour I had meconium staining and so had to have a hospital birth. Leah was great! She met us at the hospital and although she didn't have privileges there she was a great help and encouragement through my labour and delivery. She stayed with us until baby and I were released later that morning. I definitely give her two thumbs up!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

I gave birth two years ago (and wrote a review) and even now I am still in awe and raving about the care I was given during my pregnancy, labour, birth, and post-partum. Leah is amazing. She is caring, respectful, compassionate, patient, understanding. I can still say with certainty that there is nothing about my experience I would want to change. Well maybe one thing...LOL We made the choice to not have any more children but b/c of my birth experience it was the hardest choice we have ever had to make. Leah is the ideal care provider and she sets the standard of how a care provider should be. Thank you once again Leah. I still rave about you and wish that I could enjoy that experience again :)

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

Leah is an amazing midwife! She was so sweet, caring, respectful, and knowledgeable during my entire pregnancy and labor experience. I admit to being a bit fearful about labor(our first), but Leah helped me though those fears. She recommend the perfect books for labor preparation. She was so encouraging during labor as well. Being there helping you is much more than a job for her. She truly cares. I am so thankful she was our midwife! She helped us to be able to experience a truly beautiful birth and I hope we can have her deliver all of our children!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Leah was the only reason I avoided a c-section. She is an amazing midwife and so knowledgeable. I felt very safe with her! Will see her for our next pregnancy!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

My wife and I feel the same way. Leah is more than super. Anyone that has her as a midwife should consider themselves blessed for sure. Everything that has been said in these reviews are absolutely true.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

I can't even describe how wonderful and special Leah is. She is so caring and compassionate. She made me feel safe and reassured with every issue or uncertainty that arose. She had loving and encouraging words during birth and was there for me 100%, along with daddy-to-be. She will be our midwife for any future children we have!!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

Leah does a wonderful job. She is knowledgeable, helpful, funny and very thorough. We had an excellent experience with her as our midwife.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

Most amazing midwife. She is beyond respectful. She answers every question without any judgement. She is loving, kind, encouraging and support. There are just no words to describe how incredible she is. If you want to have a beautiful birth then Leah is the midwife to have!!!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011