Ratings for Dr. Alan Boyco

Terrible experience. Students doing the exam but still charge the same price. He's not a good listener. And referring to disgruntled staff in the reviews. Well what does that say about the way you're running the place when you have ex staff writing bad reviews on the Internet. The place is a hot mess. Poor customer service. The front receptionist doesn't give eye contact. Glasses are cheaply made. Save yourself the trip

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Great, just in town today but know that I had to see the one and only Dr. Boyco before my game - he doesn't see the general public, but I called in a few favours. He's the best.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

Wow. I really liked my experience here. Way more involved testing than my last doctor. Looking at the reviews below. I'm just gonna copy and past what the reviewer said on Oct 19, 2011. 'excellent down to earth guy - very helpful and knows his business Too bad his disgruntled exstaff (I refer to below) have access to a site that's supposed to help us make informed desicions." These bad reviews all sound like they are from the same person. Get a life!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

This guy is a loser. He knows nothing about eyes and hockey, the big fake! He screwed up my prescription and acted like it was his employees fault. Go to another optometrist. Eye care in BC has gone to H E double hockey stick

Submitted April 5, 2015

Was there today to confirm my Cataract surgery. Saw Dr. Boyco in the back area, and asked the girl at the desk if I could speak to him. Two seconds later, there he was, answered all my questions. In fact, he took me over to the dr room and made sure that all my questions were answered with the eye chart and the thing that goes in front of your eyes (the thing where they ask 'which is better this one or that one" then shone all the bright light and stuff in my eyes. After all of this, he put my mind at ease and told me that this procedure was the most common one in the world next to dental procedures. I felt so much better after he told me this (and a lot of other things) I just want to say - best Doctor ever!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

His staff were excellent, but seeing how the staff are treated sickens me. I will not be coming here again for an eye exam.

Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr Boyco is simply the very best! He is so easy to talk to and knows eyes, and knows exactly what I'm trying to describe before I even finish my sentence. He's the there is or ever was!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

The last time I saw Dr. Boyco was ten years ago. I've been coming back every year since then but the staff always tell me he rarely comes in, or he's retired or on sabbatical or something. Man is he hard to actually nail down, but I came in for my routine check the day before yesterday and there he was! Said he was filling in for one of his Drs that was away. They just don't make doctors like this anymore! If you ever make a point to book with him, you will agree! So clever & insightful. Misses nothing!!

Submitted February 7, 2014

Staff are treated like garbage. They really are friendly but they look very saddened and mistreated. I will be taking my business elsewhere as I do not want to support such a company. It's really disgusting businesses are still being run like this.

Submitted December 8, 2013

Great staff and a great Optometrist . I recommend this place as do the Vancouver Canucks.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013