Ratings for Dr. Eric D. Van Moorlehem

I just was released from Scottsdale Shea's maternity after 4 days of being there when I had my son my blood pressure was pretty high but they still sent me home. Needless to say I wound up back in the ER the day I was released and Dr V wasn't ER doc. He was very polite and thorough and really listened to what I had to say not to mention I had a new born at home waiting on me. Dr V hit the nail on the head with my blood pressure issue as we saw results pretty quickly. I left the ER very satisfied. On the way home I realized I forgot something to ask and I called the ER. He got right I the phone with me and even called later to assure me that what I needed was taken care of. I would use him again in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

If possible to avoid a doctor in the emergency room I would avoid this guy like the plague. He is a fake, pretentious, condescending jerk. When I took my 14 year old to the ER with scary symptoms, he didn't listen to a word we said. He would ask questions and ignore the answers drawing his own conclusions. What a incredible disappointment!!! Will drive as far as necessary if we ever need an ER again. Such a jerk!!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

Dr. Eric Van Moorlehem treated me in the Scottsdale North ER for a very bad sinus infection. I found he and the staff to be very thorough, courteous, knowledgable and caring. Thank you!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Saw this Doctor for pain reasons after donating bone marrow and after seeing totally normal lab work (done in ER) he insisted on more imaging - an MRI to be exact. How much would that have cost in an ER setting? Lucky my good sense kicked in after the three hour wait and I was outta there... only to be left with a 600.00 charge for 5 minutes of his time. I should've trusted my initial instincts and left the ER but desperately needed pain relief and my regular doctor was several months out. He didn't listen to anything I had to say and wanted to treat as he wanted to... not good medical practice WHEN you don't take into consideration everything being told. I couldn't afford MRI as I was my father's caregiver and donor for the previous two years. I didn't need imaging as several doctors explained it would take months if not a year to heal. My father has since passed away and the only thing that rattles my cage amidst my thousands of visits with professional doctors is this one. Cocky, arrogant and horrible listener. His chicklet glowing white teeth should be a "stay away" beacon for anyone having an issue that requires listening skills. Thanks Dr. Eric! My credit report is gonna suck now because of you. (I do have health insurance but they don't cover expensive ER visits)

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

I evidentally saw this doctor in the ER at Scottsdale Shea before being admitted for blood clots. He may have done things behind the scenes, but I barely remember having a conversation with him. Now that I am getting all the bills, I see he is the only out of network provider my insurance is processing. He did agree to a 10% reduction in his charge, even though he is out of network, but the in network doctors discount much more generously. It doesn't seem right that when a patient goes to an in network facility and becomes a captive audience in the ER, they are forced to use an out of network ER doctor. Feels like bait and switch...

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

Thompson Peak Hospital checks the ER patient in, checks their insurance, and then presents an ER doctor - Dr. Van Moorlehem, who is a contractor and not affiliated with the hospital. Dr. Van Moorlehem does not accept the medical insurance that the hospital does. Patient gets the short end of the stick and a HUGE medical bill for the 5 minutes that Dr. Van Moorlehem actually talked to the patient. It's a racket! It's unethical. Neither the doctors office or the hospital will take any responsibility for the scam.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Dr. VanMoorlehem treated my husband in the e.r. for trigeminal neuralgia, which is a rare and painful disorder. We found Dr. V to be very caring and responsive to our situation. He did not know a lot about TN, but he was very knowledgeable about the 16 medicines my husband takes every day and how they interact with other meds. He was very open to our ideas and suggestions but made decisions based on his expertise. He did not treat us like garden variety migraine patients or drug seekers. It was very comforting to have a doctor who would listen to our experiences then make the best choices based on his expertise. We had not been to the e.r. for TN before but we are glad to know it's there if we need it. Kudos Dr. V!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

So great with our son...AMAZING doc!! We were lucky to have him be our doc in the ER

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

He took 5 hours to give me a review of my x-rays but he simply read off the Radiologists report. Then he told me I needed a CT, but that was not true. He told me it would be $300. what a liar. Hw charged me $500. for an Examination but never touched the areas never check anything. He gave a pill ment for Chemotherpy patients that was extremely dangerous and cost $40. for one. He did not know anything about the structure of the knee enough to tell it was not broken. He stayed on the other side of the room at the monitor and never approached me - so how could he examine me? He said & did all the wrong things, he should have at least been able to read the x-ray himself. Scottsdale Emergency Associates refused to help me at all when I reported him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

Dr. Eric D. Van Moorlehem's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Workers Comp