Ratings for Dr. Sonya Cook

Makes patients wait for an hour, for an appt that lasts a minute or less and does not explain treatments. Office staff abrupt and unhelpful. I do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr. Cook is abrupt and dismissive, and unwilling to discuss her treatment recommendations. Her practice is highly inefficient. Patients are asked to arrive 15 minutes ahead of their appointed time, but a wait of 90 minutes is not even acknowledged by the office staff or by Dr. Cook. It's rude to give no value at all to a patient's time and to not apologize for being so far behind schedule.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

I have just visited the nicest, most patient Dermatologist, Dr. Cook. This is my second visit and although they say expect to wait up to an hour, I understand this is how the medical field works, so I bring a book, just in case. Dr. Cook never makes me feel rushed, although it is a very busy spot with many in the waiting room, as well there is another Doctor today as well. She is helpful, listens, and doesn't talk down to you. I will return here with my daughter. I have also discussed Laser treatments for my face, and I really enjoyed the ease of the laser technician, and her honest opinions, I will recommend this place to others, as long as they know there will have to wait, this is not a fast food service environment. This IS our healthcare. THANK YOU Dr. Cook.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

I have never had a problem with Dr. Cook, but I find her receptionists to be the most abrasive, and unhelpful I've ever encountered. They are inflexible, impatient and seem to be lacking in any kind of discretion. They dole out appointments like they are doling out gold. If I leave Dr. Cook it will be because of the receptionists.

Submitted February 10, 2015

I appreciate Dr. Cook very much. She is knowledgeable, thoughtful, friendly, helpful and listens. Sometimes you have to wait for her as she runs lateā€¦that is because she takes the time to listen and investigate your concern. I don't mind waiting knowing that she is helping someone. Like a previous post said, I wish she was my GP. A breath of fresh air. I trust her and her knowledge.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

I was waiting for her around 40 mins and she talked to me like 1 minute.I am not going to come back to her! Today I was researching what she prescribed and i am going to stop using it because apparently it`s extremly dangerous for health and of course and she didn`t mention that!!! I am a younge lady and this medication is dangerous if you concieve a baby. according to her i have to use forever. Honestly, i have just mild acne. Stay away from this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Cook for years. I started seeing her for acne (which is gone!) and I now see her for cosmetic work. She is lovely and very good at what she does. I get Botox from her and just started fillers. I like her because she is not pushy at all and does a great job. I actually look forward to my appointments. LOL!!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Dr cook is personable, thoughtful, dilligent, and respectful. Shes very easy to talk to, is sensitive and has a nice sense of humour. I had something that is fairly rare and she did the extra work to research it, went out fo her way to contact me and fit me into her schedule, and was knowlegeable about my file. An excellent Dr. I wish she was my GP!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

Dr. Cook has always made an effort to fit me into her schedule when the need arises and has taken great time and care in both her examinations and follow-up discussions with me. I find her to be a very knowledgeable and compassionate doctor and am very glad to have found her.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

keeps you waiting no matter when you schedule the appointment to see her sharp brittle voice talks real fast really uptight nonexistent bedside manner skilled technically but a waste of a doctors degree

Submitted April 9, 2013