Ratings for Dr. Jerome Waiter

This was absolutely the worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. I have a torn labrum (soft tissue surrounding the ball joint of the hip.) Doctor Wiater acknowledged that I DO have a torn labrum resulting from a car accident. Sadly, he would hardly even discuss my actual problem. Instead he focused on my weight (he's easily got 100 pounds on me) and told me not to "super-size it." Unbelievable. He also explained what a calorie does and went on to blather about something about people in Afghanistan eating grains and being thin. He said that I should be skinny enough that my nickname should be slim. I am a grown woman (AND A HEALTH CONSCIOUS VEGETARIAN!) that does not need a remedial health lesson, nor do I need to be just plain disrespected by a person I was expecting to help me. In addition to all of this, he referred me to ANOTHER orthopedic surgeon with no explanation of why he would not treat me. My husband was even in the room with me witnessing all of this happen.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011