Ratings for Dr. Emily Blake

Our daughter has been dealing with anxiety issues ever since she was 5 years old. We spent many years, time and money trying to find a therapist that would address the problem and not just waste precious time searching for a possibly non-existent root cause. Finally, after nearly ten years of marginal results with other therapists, we found Dr. Blake. After just a few sessions with her, our daughter showed significant signs of improvement. Today, our daughter is doing very well and we are thrilled with the results achieved by Dr. Blake’s therapy. She has given our daughter the tools necessary to tame the beast called anxiety and live a happy productive life. Thank you Dr. Blake!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Dr. Blake is warm, knowledgeable and helpful. I have been seeing her to help me deal with issues related to bipolar disorder and without her the transition from being undiagnosed and unstable to mostly stable and functional would have been much more difficult.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Even though I didn't see Dr. Blake for long she is truly amazing. I felt comfortable speaking about my issues almost right away. She is certainly a psychologist I would recommend.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Great dr! Best I've had so far, made me feel better and more confident after our sessions

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Although I only saw Dr. Blake for a short while, she offered me help and support when I didn't know what else to do. She provided me with strategies to cope with my issues and I can proudly say that she helped me to become the person I once was. I would suggest Dr. Blake to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr Blake helped me during a very difficult period of my life. Sometimes the sessions were challenging and I left feeling drained, however the bottom line is that she made me realize so many things about myself and the relationship I was struggling with. It's not always easy to find solutions to our problems and to look at things from a different perspective (something I found extremely hard) but Dr Blake was able to support me and guide me through the process without making me feel bad. I often think back to certain key points we discussed and I have a much better understanding of what I need to feel valued. Dr Blake also has such a lovely warm and caring mannerism - I would certainly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Blake really helped me feel better, and I thank you for this :-), she deserves 20 stars for sure!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Blake helped me to be o.k. with who I am, in a safe place and without being judged. She is professional and compassionate and I appreciated her help very much!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

What can I say? She is number 2 on this list but number 1 in my book. I cant say enough good things about my experience with Dr. Blake. She made me feel very comfortable right away. Dr. Blake has such a soothing tone and this automatically made me feel less anxious thus making it easy to talk to her. Atmosphere was soothing and calming. Great office and gotta love the view!! Great experience!!!! Highly recommended!!!!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Dr Blake is a wonderful Dr full of compassion and knowledge. I loved working with her. She is very understanding calm and very caring. I would highly recommend Dr Blake... she gave me lots of helpful tips . Thank you Dr Blake more Dr should be like you.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Emily Blake's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Emily Blake, PhD, Psychologist, is the founder and clinical director of Blake Psychology Inc., which she established in 2011. Blake Psychology has offices located in downtown Montreal (above the McGill metro) and in the West-Island of Montreal, in Pointe-Claire (near the Fairview Mall). Blake Psychology comprises a team of highly qualified psychologists, with a wide range of specialty areas, who provide assessment and psychotherapy services for people of all ages. Dr. Emily Blake has completed 12 years of university-level training in psychology, including her PhD from McGill University. She has worked in hospital, school, university, community, and private practice settings, with a focus on the treatment of anxiety disorders, depression, anger management, and interpersonal difficulties, in both adolescent and adult populations. Her research training has focused on the factors that make psychotherapy effective, and she has published a number of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals. Her doctoral research was funded by the Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec, with her application being ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition. She is a recurring guest psychologist on a popular radio show with psychologist Dr. Syd Miller on CJAD 800. She regularly participates in continuing education activities to make sure that her psychotherapy practices remain on the cutting-edge of the field. Dr. Blake’s approach to therapy is empathic, sincere, and warm-hearted. She recognizes that deciding to seek help from a qualified professional requires a significant amount of courage, and that many people feel nervous about the process of therapy. She believes that although challenging, therapy can also be an effective, interesting, and even enjoyable way to work through the difficulties you are facing in your life. She works collaboratively with clients to understand the world from their perspective, to help clients think of new ways of understanding the challenges they have been facing, and working towards developing practical, effective solutions that fit with their values and how they want to live their life. Dr. Blake is licensed as a psychologist with the Order of Psychologists of Quebec (OPQ). Before scheduling an appointment, please ask your insurance provider if they cover services delivered by a licensed psychologist. Any unclaimed fees can be claimed as medical expenses on your yearly income tax. She is also a member of the following professional organizations: Association for Behavioral Contextual Science: http://contextualscience.org Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies: http://www.abct.org Canadian Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies: http://www.cacbt.ca Dr. Blake believes that the most effective treatment is the one that is tailored to meet your particular needs. Clients cannot “fail” therapy. Every attempt is made to adapt scientifically-based interventions to meet your specific needs. Your feedback is key to making this process happen. If you're thinking of making an appointment, please call now. The sooner you get help, the longer you will have to enjoy its benefits.

• English

• 2008-2011 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec: Professional Postgraduate Training Fellowship, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, $103 662 over 3 years), application ranked #6 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2010 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec Doctoral Award, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, declined because SSHRC and FRSQ Professional were accepted), $60 000 over 3 years, application ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2009 Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC; $40 000 over 2 years)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society Doctoral Award for Research and Professional Excellence ($1000)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($500)
  • 2007 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($250)
  • 2006 McGill Graduate Studies Fellowship ($5000)
  • 2006 Alma Mater Student Travel Grant Award ($750)
  • 2006 Education Graduate Student Society Travel Award ($250; declined)
  • 2005 Association for Women in Psychology Conference Scholarship ($150)
  • 2005 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2004 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2003 Bursary, University of Western Ontario ($1000)
  • 2002-2003 Dean’s Honour list, University of Western Ontario
  • 1999 Entrance Scholarship, University of Western Ontario ($750)