Ratings for Dr. Emily Blake

I've seen numerous therapists/psychiatrists/psychowhatevers ever since I was a little girl... They were ok, but nothing seemed to really work for me... And finally after ten years, we've found Dr. Blake! I was pleasantly surprised! Not only is her advice insightful and top-quality, but she has a very warm and empathetic demeanour. She's always ready to listen, and you can tell that she really does care about you, no matter how big or small your problem is. Now, I can finally live normally and get out of my comfort zone. Even my family has noticed positive changes in my general mood and attitude over the past year! Thank you for helping me find peace and true happiness Dr. Blake! :)

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

When I first starting seeing Dr. Blake, my anxiety was preventing me from living my life normally. I was terrified of crossing the street, I stopped driving, and I had daily panic attacks. I was checking to make sure my doors were locked about 20-30 times before going to bed each night. Now, a year later, I can cross the street and walk around Montreal without being terrified. I can drive, I no longer have any panic attacks, and I don’t check my doors more than once. Not only has Dr. Blake helped me through a very difficult and anxious time in my life, she has given me the tools to go forth with my post-university life in a more calm, stress-free, and productive manner. I always felt better after leaving her office and looked forward to each session. I cannot thank her enough for everything she has done for me.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

As Dr Blake always says: life is all about choices and decisions....well one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life was to seek help with her. She guided me wisely through a very difficult period in my life and thanks to her I learned how to survive the turmoil and chose what is best for me, without fear and acting with integrity. Working together we did cover all the areas of my life: from single parenting, to dealing with divorce, starting a new relationship, conflictive friendships, and the right career advice . I enjoyed her techniques, she suggested me very interesting and helpful literature. I always stepped out of her office feeling wiser and more confident. after her well organized and punctual sessions.Thank you for all your help dear Dr Blake, you are an amazing professional!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr. Blake was kind and helped my daughter from the very first meeting. She brought out something in my daughter that previous providers were unable to and most importantly, gave my daughter hope that things would improve.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Doctor Blake was able to help me out during the most difficult period of my life, when, as a result of war and post-wars events , I had experienced for many years in my country of origin, I established the post-traumatic stress disorder followed with serious panic attacks and horrible nightmares. I faced a serious anxiety and depression . Doctor Blake's very warm approach made me trust her immediately and made me speak out for a very first time in my life about all I went through. Every time during our session, I had a feeling that I'm realising out a big part of the burden I had carried for a long time. Thanks to doctor Blake, I was able to overpass and deal with depression, panic attacks and PTSD and put behind my past. Her guidelines and practical advices were of great help in the difficult process of my mental healing and during the re-establishing period of my deeply disturbed mental peace. I feel like a new person today. It is my pleasure to recommend doctor Blake. She is extremely knowledgeable, kind and sincere ,which makes her a great psychologist able to help her patients.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr Blake is a great listener , she puts you at ease and has some great techniques and empathy. Thanks Dr Blake for helping me deal with the ambiguity that life throws in

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Blake has a very kind and friendly way with helping with any anxieties and issues. She was there for me in one of my most stressful times in life and an issue that I have been dealing with for many years, and for that I'm very thankful to her!! I will continue to use her techniques. I have become happier and calmer after seeing her :)

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Blake is gentle and knowledgeable in her approach. The therapy seemed at times subltle, but powerful, as within a short time she helped guide me though the steps needed to overcome a lifelong problem. Thank you Dr. Blake! Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Our daughter has been dealing with anxiety issues ever since she was 5 years old. We spent many years, time and money trying to find a therapist that would address the problem and not just waste precious time searching for a possibly non-existent root cause. Finally, after nearly ten years of marginal results with other therapists, we found Dr. Blake. After just a few sessions with her, our daughter showed significant signs of improvement. Today, our daughter is doing very well and we are thrilled with the results achieved by Dr. Blake’s therapy. She has given our daughter the tools necessary to tame the beast called anxiety and live a happy productive life. Thank you Dr. Blake!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Dr. Blake is warm, knowledgeable and helpful. I have been seeing her to help me deal with issues related to bipolar disorder and without her the transition from being undiagnosed and unstable to mostly stable and functional would have been much more difficult.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Dr. Emily Blake's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Emily Blake, PhD, Psychologist, is the founder and clinical director of Blake Psychology Inc., which she established in 2011. Blake Psychology has offices located in downtown Montreal (above the McGill metro) and in the West-Island of Montreal, in Pointe-Claire (near the Fairview Mall). Blake Psychology comprises a team of highly qualified psychologists, with a wide range of specialty areas, who provide assessment and psychotherapy services for people of all ages. Dr. Emily Blake has completed 12 years of university-level training in psychology, including her PhD from McGill University. She has worked in hospital, school, university, community, and private practice settings, with a focus on the treatment of anxiety disorders, depression, anger management, and interpersonal difficulties, in both adolescent and adult populations. Her research training has focused on the factors that make psychotherapy effective, and she has published a number of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals. Her doctoral research was funded by the Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec, with her application being ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition. She is a recurring guest psychologist on a popular radio show with psychologist Dr. Syd Miller on CJAD 800. She regularly participates in continuing education activities to make sure that her psychotherapy practices remain on the cutting-edge of the field. Dr. Blake’s approach to therapy is empathic, sincere, and warm-hearted. She recognizes that deciding to seek help from a qualified professional requires a significant amount of courage, and that many people feel nervous about the process of therapy. She believes that although challenging, therapy can also be an effective, interesting, and even enjoyable way to work through the difficulties you are facing in your life. She works collaboratively with clients to understand the world from their perspective, to help clients think of new ways of understanding the challenges they have been facing, and working towards developing practical, effective solutions that fit with their values and how they want to live their life. Dr. Blake is licensed as a psychologist with the Order of Psychologists of Quebec (OPQ). Before scheduling an appointment, please ask your insurance provider if they cover services delivered by a licensed psychologist. Any unclaimed fees can be claimed as medical expenses on your yearly income tax. She is also a member of the following professional organizations: Association for Behavioral Contextual Science: http://contextualscience.org Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies: http://www.abct.org Canadian Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies: http://www.cacbt.ca Dr. Blake believes that the most effective treatment is the one that is tailored to meet your particular needs. Clients cannot “fail” therapy. Every attempt is made to adapt scientifically-based interventions to meet your specific needs. Your feedback is key to making this process happen. If you're thinking of making an appointment, please call now. The sooner you get help, the longer you will have to enjoy its benefits.

• English

• 2008-2011 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec: Professional Postgraduate Training Fellowship, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, $103 662 over 3 years), application ranked #6 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2010 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec Doctoral Award, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, declined because SSHRC and FRSQ Professional were accepted), $60 000 over 3 years, application ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2009 Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC; $40 000 over 2 years)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society Doctoral Award for Research and Professional Excellence ($1000)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($500)
  • 2007 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($250)
  • 2006 McGill Graduate Studies Fellowship ($5000)
  • 2006 Alma Mater Student Travel Grant Award ($750)
  • 2006 Education Graduate Student Society Travel Award ($250; declined)
  • 2005 Association for Women in Psychology Conference Scholarship ($150)
  • 2005 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2004 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2003 Bursary, University of Western Ontario ($1000)
  • 2002-2003 Dean’s Honour list, University of Western Ontario
  • 1999 Entrance Scholarship, University of Western Ontario ($750)

Ameritas