Ratings for Dr. Emily Blake

The group therapy session consists of Dr. Blake reading this manual to the group: www.actonsocialanxiety.com/pdf/magt_for_SAD_2nd_ed.pdf After "diagnosing" you after a 5-minute talk, she charges you hundreds of dollars and squeezes you and five others in her tiny office (that's right -- the group sessions take place there!), a mix of 15 and 50 year olds... Come on.

Submitted November 26, 2015

I have learnt lots of good coping techniques from my sessions with Dr Blake. I feel listened to and understood and would recommend her. Thank you

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Dr Emily Blake was very professional and helplful ! I highly recommend her! Very calming atmosphere! And she was very understanding !

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

One word: will not go back! I did not feel important as a client and did not like her cold and arrogant attitude. Left her feeling judged.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Insightful, gentle, compassionate, warm and smart as a whip. Perfect combination for the person you are going to be confiding in. I enjoyed my sessions with Dr. Blake very much and left each one with nuggets of wisdom and a sense of relief from my anxiety. I recommend Dr. Blake without hesitation.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I was fortunate to meet Dr. Blake as psychologist. Warm and relaxing atmosphere, high level of professionalism and outstanding knowledge in psychology help to solve very delicate issues. I would like gratefully and sincerely thank Dr. Emily Blake for life-changing experience.

Submitted September 9, 2015

I arrived at her office at 15h. Dr Blake gave me a wimpy handshake and spent the next 7 min to charge me $140 on my credit card. By the time I sat down and talk to her 10min already gone. When I talked to her about all my crucial life's decisions that affect me very negatively, Dr Blake put them down as if it's so easy to change myself after spending all my life with the same problem. She compared my problems with the problem children have when they were younger and believe in Santa Claus and after they grow up they no longer believe in Santa Claus. I felt that she treat me like a child. Then at 15h45, Dr Blake declare the session is over!!! Overall the session last only 35 min for $140!!! It was my first and only appointment with her.

Submitted August 24, 2015

I've seen numerous therapists/psychiatrists/psychowhatevers ever since I was a little girl... They were ok, but nothing seemed to really work for me... And finally after ten years, we've found Dr. Blake! I was pleasantly surprised! Not only is her advice insightful and top-quality, but she has a very warm and empathetic demeanour. She's always ready to listen, and you can tell that she really does care about you, no matter how big or small your problem is. Now, I can finally live normally and get out of my comfort zone. Even my family has noticed positive changes in my general mood and attitude over the past year! Thank you for helping me find peace and true happiness Dr. Blake! :)

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

When I first starting seeing Dr. Blake, my anxiety was preventing me from living my life normally. I was terrified of crossing the street, I stopped driving, and I had daily panic attacks. I was checking to make sure my doors were locked about 20-30 times before going to bed each night. Now, a year later, I can cross the street and walk around Montreal without being terrified. I can drive, I no longer have any panic attacks, and I don’t check my doors more than once. Not only has Dr. Blake helped me through a very difficult and anxious time in my life, she has given me the tools to go forth with my post-university life in a more calm, stress-free, and productive manner. I always felt better after leaving her office and looked forward to each session. I cannot thank her enough for everything she has done for me.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

As Dr Blake always says: life is all about choices and decisions....well one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life was to seek help with her. She guided me wisely through a very difficult period in my life and thanks to her I learned how to survive the turmoil and chose what is best for me, without fear and acting with integrity. Working together we did cover all the areas of my life: from single parenting, to dealing with divorce, starting a new relationship, conflictive friendships, and the right career advice . I enjoyed her techniques, she suggested me very interesting and helpful literature. I always stepped out of her office feeling wiser and more confident. after her well organized and punctual sessions.Thank you for all your help dear Dr Blake, you are an amazing professional!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr. Emily Blake's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Emily Blake, PhD, Psychologist, is the founder and clinical director of Blake Psychology Inc., which she established in 2011. Blake Psychology has offices located in downtown Montreal (above the McGill metro) and in the West-Island of Montreal, in Pointe-Claire (near the Fairview Mall). Blake Psychology comprises a team of highly qualified psychologists, with a wide range of specialty areas, who provide assessment and psychotherapy services for people of all ages. Dr. Emily Blake has completed 12 years of university-level training in psychology, including her PhD from McGill University. She has worked in hospital, school, university, community, and private practice settings, with a focus on the treatment of anxiety disorders, depression, anger management, and interpersonal difficulties, in both adolescent and adult populations. Her research training has focused on the factors that make psychotherapy effective, and she has published a number of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals. Her doctoral research was funded by the Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec, with her application being ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition. She is a recurring guest psychologist on a popular radio show with psychologist Dr. Syd Miller on CJAD 800. She regularly participates in continuing education activities to make sure that her psychotherapy practices remain on the cutting-edge of the field. Dr. Blake’s approach to therapy is empathic, sincere, and warm-hearted. She recognizes that deciding to seek help from a qualified professional requires a significant amount of courage, and that many people feel nervous about the process of therapy. She believes that although challenging, therapy can also be an effective, interesting, and even enjoyable way to work through the difficulties you are facing in your life. She works collaboratively with clients to understand the world from their perspective, to help clients think of new ways of understanding the challenges they have been facing, and working towards developing practical, effective solutions that fit with their values and how they want to live their life. Dr. Blake is licensed as a psychologist with the Order of Psychologists of Quebec (OPQ). Before scheduling an appointment, please ask your insurance provider if they cover services delivered by a licensed psychologist. Any unclaimed fees can be claimed as medical expenses on your yearly income tax. She is also a member of the following professional organizations: Association for Behavioral Contextual Science: http://contextualscience.org Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies: http://www.abct.org Canadian Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies: http://www.cacbt.ca Dr. Blake believes that the most effective treatment is the one that is tailored to meet your particular needs. Clients cannot “fail” therapy. Every attempt is made to adapt scientifically-based interventions to meet your specific needs. Your feedback is key to making this process happen. If you're thinking of making an appointment, please call now. The sooner you get help, the longer you will have to enjoy its benefits.

• English

• Teen depression
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Anxiety
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
  • Panic attacks and panic disorder
  • Phobias
  • Anger management
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Cognitive behavioral therapy

• 2008-2011 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec: Professional Postgraduate Training Fellowship, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, $103 662 over 3 years), application ranked #6 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2010 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec Doctoral Award, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, declined because SSHRC and FRSQ Professional were accepted), $60 000 over 3 years, application ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2009 Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC; $40 000 over 2 years)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society Doctoral Award for Research and Professional Excellence ($1000)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($500)
  • 2007 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($250)
  • 2006 McGill Graduate Studies Fellowship ($5000)
  • 2006 Alma Mater Student Travel Grant Award ($750)
  • 2006 Education Graduate Student Society Travel Award ($250; declined)
  • 2005 Association for Women in Psychology Conference Scholarship ($150)
  • 2005 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2004 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2003 Bursary, University of Western Ontario ($1000)
  • 2002-2003 Dean’s Honour list, University of Western Ontario
  • 1999 Entrance Scholarship, University of Western Ontario ($750)