Ratings for Dr. Emily Blake

Dr. Blake and her downtown staff are truly amazing! Such a wonderful person inside and out. I've recently started seeing her and she has already helped me so much in the short period of time that I've been visiting her. Such a calming and welcome presence, she makes you feel very comfortable as soon as you walk into her office. I highly suggest her to anyone that is thinking of seeing a psychologist even if your problems are minor she is always there to help and encourage you.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Dr.Blake is the truly best. She is a great listener (which makes her so easy to talk to) supportive and asks all the right questions. I always feel comfortable talking to her about anything. She helped me deal with my anxiety. After just a couple sessions with her I started to feel more confident. She helped me understand myself deeper and helped me clear up/work on some areas in my life. I would recommend her. I didn't have luck with previous therapists but I did with her. Thank you Dr. Blake!!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

THE BEST. Compassionate, caring much more than just a doctor!! Truly puts your needs first and gives you the absolute best care!! Dr Blake was made to be a doctor and shines everytime I see her! I cant ever thank her enough for making me feel like me again only after a couple of visits. If you are considering going to see her just DO IT!! You wont regret it. Dr Blake is professional and so warm that you instantly feel comfortable!!!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Blake for a little while now due to issues I was having with anxiety and I have to say that she is absolutely wonderful. She has a great and relaxing aura, really puts you at ease and makes you feel comfortable. When she speaks to you, it is always in a very caring and soothing way. I feel as though Dr. Blake does so much more than provide therapy. She helped me learn things about myself and educated me about the problems I was facing in order to allow me to further understand them. She not only provided me with solutions and methods to cope and overcome my anxiety, but also challenged me to think of such solutions myself, which I personally believe has helped me grow. I am 19 years old and Dr. Blake has never made me feel as though my problems were silly or ridiculous, even if I was often embarrassed to speak them out loud. It is obvious that she not only listens, but truly cares about her patients. I highly recommend Dr. Blake and truly believe that this is her calling. She has had such a big impact on my life and I cannot thank her enough for what she does :).

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr Blake is #1 for a reason. The price is fair as there are some doctors who I am sure charge more, but charging the same as other doctors while providing a better service and also running her own clinic, there's something to be said for that. What you have to know going into therapy is twofold; you have to feel comfortable with your therapist and you have to understand that they're not there just to give you answers. The point of therapy is to have them help you understand yourself, by asking you questions that are based on the therapists reading between the lines. If you do not understand those principles, you're going to leave an uneducated and unfounded review. Dr. Blake was very nice from the getgo, and as we progressed the sessions seemed more and more beneficial because of the aforementioned factors and realizations. I did about 10 sessions and am in a much better place than I was, due to my own growth and with her help. I would definitely recommend her to anyone wanting to know more about themselves, talk about things, etc. Thanks again Emily, and see you soon :)

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I went to see Dr. Blake after I saw she was highly rated. The first session was ok so I decided to take some more. However, I was not impressed after that. I explained two major life events that were very difficult on me and she did not dig deeper. She simply kept asking if I had any friends to talk to and suggested I have more of a social life. The appointments cost me $150 per session and the sessions weren't even a full hour. The first 10-15mins is her taking care of payments and the last 10 mins is to ask if you want to set another session. I did not get any help, actually I felt worse when I would leave.

Submitted April 11, 2017

Dr. Blake is a pleasure to work with! Due to her extensive knowledge and expertise in the field of psychology, I am always learning something new from her! Dr. Blake is always willing to help me and encourages me to ask questions. She is extremely patient, warm, friendly, organized, punctual and helpful. Dr. Blake always puts her clients and employees first, creating a comfortable yet professional working environment. Dr. Blake is truly an amazing mentor to me and a highly recommended psychologist for clients seeking help or guidance.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr Blake always make me feel comfortable in therapy, whereas with previous psychologists and therapists I have always had a difficult time opening up and expressing my feelings. It took awhile to be able to talk to her, but Dr Blake was very thoughtful and gave me all the time to be able to express myself. Very highly recommend, I wish I was still able to go to her sessions.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Seeing Dr. Blake made a significant change in my life. There is much more harmony and way less conflict than previously. I'm going to miss our meetings.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

We had a wonderful experience with Dr Blake for the last couple of months. Her capacity to listen in order to help was satisfying and very appreciated. I would recommend her without any hesitation.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Dr. Emily Blake's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Emily Blake, PhD, Psychologist, is the founder and clinical director of Blake Psychology Inc., which she established in 2011. Blake Psychology has offices located in downtown Montreal (above the McGill metro) and in the West-Island of Montreal, in Pointe-Claire (near the Fairview Mall). Blake Psychology comprises a team of highly qualified psychologists, with a wide range of specialty areas, who provide assessment and psychotherapy services for people of all ages. Dr. Emily Blake has completed 12 years of university-level training in psychology, including her PhD from McGill University. She has worked in hospital, school, university, community, and private practice settings, with a focus on the treatment of anxiety disorders, depression, anger management, and interpersonal difficulties, in both adolescent and adult populations. Her research training has focused on the factors that make psychotherapy effective, and she has published a number of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals. Her doctoral research was funded by the Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec, with her application being ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition. She is a recurring guest psychologist on a popular radio show with psychologist Dr. Syd Miller on CJAD 800. She regularly participates in continuing education activities to make sure that her psychotherapy practices remain on the cutting-edge of the field. Dr. Blake’s approach to therapy is empathic, sincere, and warm-hearted. She recognizes that deciding to seek help from a qualified professional requires a significant amount of courage, and that many people feel nervous about the process of therapy. She believes that although challenging, therapy can also be an effective, interesting, and even enjoyable way to work through the difficulties you are facing in your life. She works collaboratively with clients to understand the world from their perspective, to help clients think of new ways of understanding the challenges they have been facing, and working towards developing practical, effective solutions that fit with their values and how they want to live their life. Dr. Blake is licensed as a psychologist with the Order of Psychologists of Quebec (OPQ). Before scheduling an appointment, please ask your insurance provider if they cover services delivered by a licensed psychologist. Any unclaimed fees can be claimed as medical expenses on your yearly income tax. She is also a member of the following professional organizations: Association for Behavioral Contextual Science: http://contextualscience.org Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies: http://www.abct.org Canadian Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies: http://www.cacbt.ca Dr. Blake believes that the most effective treatment is the one that is tailored to meet your particular needs. Clients cannot “fail” therapy. Every attempt is made to adapt scientifically-based interventions to meet your specific needs. Your feedback is key to making this process happen. If you're thinking of making an appointment, please call now. The sooner you get help, the longer you will have to enjoy its benefits.

• English

• Teen depression
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Anxiety
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
  • Panic attacks and panic disorder
  • Phobias
  • Anger management
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Cognitive behavioral therapy

• 2008-2011 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec: Professional Postgraduate Training Fellowship, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, $103 662 over 3 years), application ranked #6 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2010 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec Doctoral Award, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, declined because SSHRC and FRSQ Professional were accepted), $60 000 over 3 years, application ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2009 Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC; $40 000 over 2 years)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society Doctoral Award for Research and Professional Excellence ($1000)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($500)
  • 2007 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($250)
  • 2006 McGill Graduate Studies Fellowship ($5000)
  • 2006 Alma Mater Student Travel Grant Award ($750)
  • 2006 Education Graduate Student Society Travel Award ($250; declined)
  • 2005 Association for Women in Psychology Conference Scholarship ($150)
  • 2005 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2004 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2003 Bursary, University of Western Ontario ($1000)
  • 2002-2003 Dean’s Honour list, University of Western Ontario
  • 1999 Entrance Scholarship, University of Western Ontario ($750)