You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Emily Blake

I was fortunate to meet Dr. Blake as psychologist. Warm and relaxing atmosphere, high level of professionalism and outstanding knowledge in psychology help to solve very delicate issues. I would like gratefully and sincerely thank Dr. Emily Blake for life-changing experience.

Submitted September 9, 2015

I arrived at her office at 15h. Dr Blake gave me a wimpy handshake and spent the next 7 min to charge me $140 on my credit card. By the time I sat down and talk to her 10min already gone. When I talked to her about all my crucial life's decisions that affect me very negatively, Dr Blake put them down as if it's so easy to change myself after spending all my life with the same problem. She compared my problems with the problem children have when they were younger and believe in Santa Claus and after they grow up they no longer believe in Santa Claus. I felt that she treat me like a child. Then at 15h45, Dr Blake declare the session is over!!! Overall the session last only 35 min for $140!!! It was my first and only appointment with her.

Submitted August 24, 2015

I've seen numerous therapists/psychiatrists/psychowhatevers ever since I was a little girl... They were ok, but nothing seemed to really work for me... And finally after ten years, we've found Dr. Blake! I was pleasantly surprised! Not only is her advice insightful and top-quality, but she has a very warm and empathetic demeanour. She's always ready to listen, and you can tell that she really does care about you, no matter how big or small your problem is. Now, I can finally live normally and get out of my comfort zone. Even my family has noticed positive changes in my general mood and attitude over the past year! Thank you for helping me find peace and true happiness Dr. Blake! :)

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

When I first starting seeing Dr. Blake, my anxiety was preventing me from living my life normally. I was terrified of crossing the street, I stopped driving, and I had daily panic attacks. I was checking to make sure my doors were locked about 20-30 times before going to bed each night. Now, a year later, I can cross the street and walk around Montreal without being terrified. I can drive, I no longer have any panic attacks, and I don’t check my doors more than once. Not only has Dr. Blake helped me through a very difficult and anxious time in my life, she has given me the tools to go forth with my post-university life in a more calm, stress-free, and productive manner. I always felt better after leaving her office and looked forward to each session. I cannot thank her enough for everything she has done for me.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

As Dr Blake always says: life is all about choices and decisions....well one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life was to seek help with her. She guided me wisely through a very difficult period in my life and thanks to her I learned how to survive the turmoil and chose what is best for me, without fear and acting with integrity. Working together we did cover all the areas of my life: from single parenting, to dealing with divorce, starting a new relationship, conflictive friendships, and the right career advice . I enjoyed her techniques, she suggested me very interesting and helpful literature. I always stepped out of her office feeling wiser and more confident. after her well organized and punctual sessions.Thank you for all your help dear Dr Blake, you are an amazing professional!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr. Blake was kind and helped my daughter from the very first meeting. She brought out something in my daughter that previous providers were unable to and most importantly, gave my daughter hope that things would improve.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Doctor Blake was able to help me out during the most difficult period of my life, when, as a result of war and post-wars events , I had experienced for many years in my country of origin, I established the post-traumatic stress disorder followed with serious panic attacks and horrible nightmares. I faced a serious anxiety and depression . Doctor Blake's very warm approach made me trust her immediately and made me speak out for a very first time in my life about all I went through. Every time during our session, I had a feeling that I'm realising out a big part of the burden I had carried for a long time. Thanks to doctor Blake, I was able to overpass and deal with depression, panic attacks and PTSD and put behind my past. Her guidelines and practical advices were of great help in the difficult process of my mental healing and during the re-establishing period of my deeply disturbed mental peace. I feel like a new person today. It is my pleasure to recommend doctor Blake. She is extremely knowledgeable, kind and sincere ,which makes her a great psychologist able to help her patients.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr Blake is a great listener , she puts you at ease and has some great techniques and empathy. Thanks Dr Blake for helping me deal with the ambiguity that life throws in

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Blake has a very kind and friendly way with helping with any anxieties and issues. She was there for me in one of my most stressful times in life and an issue that I have been dealing with for many years, and for that I'm very thankful to her!! I will continue to use her techniques. I have become happier and calmer after seeing her :)

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Blake is gentle and knowledgeable in her approach. The therapy seemed at times subltle, but powerful, as within a short time she helped guide me though the steps needed to overcome a lifelong problem. Thank you Dr. Blake! Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. Emily Blake's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Emily Blake, PhD, Psychologist, is the founder and clinical director of Blake Psychology Inc., which she established in 2011. Blake Psychology has offices located in downtown Montreal (above the McGill metro) and in the West-Island of Montreal, in Pointe-Claire (near the Fairview Mall). Blake Psychology comprises a team of highly qualified psychologists, with a wide range of specialty areas, who provide assessment and psychotherapy services for people of all ages. Dr. Emily Blake has completed 12 years of university-level training in psychology, including her PhD from McGill University. She has worked in hospital, school, university, community, and private practice settings, with a focus on the treatment of anxiety disorders, depression, anger management, and interpersonal difficulties, in both adolescent and adult populations. Her research training has focused on the factors that make psychotherapy effective, and she has published a number of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals. Her doctoral research was funded by the Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec, with her application being ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition. She is a recurring guest psychologist on a popular radio show with psychologist Dr. Syd Miller on CJAD 800. She regularly participates in continuing education activities to make sure that her psychotherapy practices remain on the cutting-edge of the field. Dr. Blake’s approach to therapy is empathic, sincere, and warm-hearted. She recognizes that deciding to seek help from a qualified professional requires a significant amount of courage, and that many people feel nervous about the process of therapy. She believes that although challenging, therapy can also be an effective, interesting, and even enjoyable way to work through the difficulties you are facing in your life. She works collaboratively with clients to understand the world from their perspective, to help clients think of new ways of understanding the challenges they have been facing, and working towards developing practical, effective solutions that fit with their values and how they want to live their life. Dr. Blake is licensed as a psychologist with the Order of Psychologists of Quebec (OPQ). Before scheduling an appointment, please ask your insurance provider if they cover services delivered by a licensed psychologist. Any unclaimed fees can be claimed as medical expenses on your yearly income tax. She is also a member of the following professional organizations: Association for Behavioral Contextual Science: http://contextualscience.org Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies: http://www.abct.org Canadian Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies: http://www.cacbt.ca Dr. Blake believes that the most effective treatment is the one that is tailored to meet your particular needs. Clients cannot “fail” therapy. Every attempt is made to adapt scientifically-based interventions to meet your specific needs. Your feedback is key to making this process happen. If you're thinking of making an appointment, please call now. The sooner you get help, the longer you will have to enjoy its benefits.

• English

• 2008-2011 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec: Professional Postgraduate Training Fellowship, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, $103 662 over 3 years), application ranked #6 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2010 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec Doctoral Award, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, declined because SSHRC and FRSQ Professional were accepted), $60 000 over 3 years, application ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2009 Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC; $40 000 over 2 years)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society Doctoral Award for Research and Professional Excellence ($1000)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($500)
  • 2007 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($250)
  • 2006 McGill Graduate Studies Fellowship ($5000)
  • 2006 Alma Mater Student Travel Grant Award ($750)
  • 2006 Education Graduate Student Society Travel Award ($250; declined)
  • 2005 Association for Women in Psychology Conference Scholarship ($150)
  • 2005 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2004 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2003 Bursary, University of Western Ontario ($1000)
  • 2002-2003 Dean’s Honour list, University of Western Ontario
  • 1999 Entrance Scholarship, University of Western Ontario ($750)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My sessions felt more like talking with a good friend rather than a psychologist, which says volumes about Dr. Blake's talent as a healthcare professional. In ..."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Blake helped me through so many obstacles in my life, she is truly amazing. I am truly fortunate to have found Doctor Blake as she gave me the tools to tur..."

February 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Blake was able to listen to everything that was happening in my life and what was on my mind and was able to provide a detailed and structured solution to h..."

January 30, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Blake is professional and insightful. Thank you! I will recommend her."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Blake has helped my teenage daughter overcome a very difficult period with her calm, soft spoken and knowledgeable approach. She gave my daughter the tools ..."

December 3, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "The group therapy session consists of Dr. Blake reading this manual to the group: www.actonsocialanxiety.com/pdf/magt_for_SAD_2nd_ed.pdf After "diagnosing" you..."

November 26, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I would not recommend her at all , if you want to waste your time and money , choose her. It takes 10 minute to start the session because first; you have to pa..."

November 12, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have learnt lots of good coping techniques from my sessions with Dr Blake. I feel listened to and understood and would recommend her. Thank you"

October 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Emily Blake was very professional and helplful ! I highly recommend her! Very calming atmosphere! And she was very understanding ! "

October 26, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "One word: will not go back! I did not feel important as a client and did not like her cold and arrogant attitude. Left her feeling judged. "

October 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Insightful, gentle, compassionate, warm and smart as a whip. Perfect combination for the person you are going to be confiding in. I enjoyed my sessions with Dr...."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Saw this Dr a few months ago and I'm so surprised she's rated as #1. She's more concerned with being rated on this site than treating her patients. Also she ru..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I was fortunate to meet Dr. Blake as psychologist. Warm and relaxing atmosphere, high level of professionalism and outstanding knowledge in psychology hel..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I arrived at her office at 15h. Dr Blake gave me a wimpy handshake and spent the next 7 min to charge me $140 on my credit card. By the time I sat down and talk..."

August 24, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Upon reading these overall great reviews, I didn’t hesitate for a second to book an appointment with Dr. Blake. Her Montreal «office» is practically 2x2 meter b..."

August 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've seen numerous therapists/psychiatrists/psychowhatevers ever since I was a little girl... They were ok, but nothing seemed to really work for me... And fi..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I first starting seeing Dr. Blake, my anxiety was preventing me from living my life normally. I was terrified of crossing the street, I stopped driving, an..."

July 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr Blake to be very easy to speak to and work with: her methods helped me to become more self-reliant in the management of my anxiety and OCD. She also ..."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was completly satisfied with my experience with Dr Blake. She is patient, kind, professional & adaptable. I was able to skype some of my sessions rather than..."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As Dr Blake always says: life is all about choices and decisions....well one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life was to seek help with her. She g..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Blake was kind and helped my daughter from the very first meeting. She brought out something in my daughter that previous providers were unable to and most..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Blake was able to help me out during the most difficult period of my life, when, as a result of war and post-wars events , I had experienced for many ye..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Blake is a great listener , she puts you at ease and has some great techniques and empathy. Thanks Dr Blake for helping me deal with the ambiguity that life ..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Blake has a very kind and friendly way with helping with any anxieties and issues. She was there for me in one of my most stressful times in life and an is..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Blake is gentle and knowledgeable in her approach. The therapy seemed at times subltle, but powerful, as within a short time she helped guide me though the..."

March 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Our daughter has been dealing with anxiety issues ever since she was 5 years old. We spent many years, time and money trying to find a therapist that would add..."

March 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Blake is warm, knowledgeable and helpful. I have been seeing her to help me deal with issues related to bipolar disorder and without her the transition from..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Even though I didn't see Dr. Blake for long she is truly amazing. I felt comfortable speaking about my issues almost right away. She is certainly a psychologi..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great dr! Best I've had so far, made me feel better and more confident after our sessions"

February 25, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.blakepsychology.com" to "http://www.blakepsychology.com/".

February 14, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.blakepsychology.com/locations/downtown-montreal/" to "http://www.blakepsychology.com".

February 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Although I only saw Dr. Blake for a short while, she offered me help and support when I didn't know what else to do. She provided me with strategies to cope wit..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Blake helped me during a very difficult period of my life. Sometimes the sessions were challenging and I left feeling drained, however the bottom line is tha..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Blake really helped me feel better, and I thank you for this :-), she deserves 20 stars for sure!"

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Blake helped me to be o.k. with who I am, in a safe place and without being judged. She is professional and compassionate and I appreciated her help very mu..."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "What can I say? She is number 2 on this list but number 1 in my book. I cant say enough good things about my experience with Dr. Blake. She made me feel very co..."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Blake is a wonderful Dr full of compassion and knowledge. I loved working with her. She is very understanding calm and very caring. I would highly recommend ..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I felt really comfortable with Dr. Blake from the first minute I met her. She has a gentle demeanor and great listening skills but don't let that fool you into..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "The group therapy session consists of Dr. Blake reading this manual to the group: www.actonsocialanxiety.com/pdf/magt_for_SAD_2nd_ed.pdf"

December 8, 2014
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.blakepsychology.com/" to "http://www.blakepsychology.com/locations/downtown-montreal/".

December 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Blake is a kind, caring, and knowledgeable psychologist. It is clear that she really cares about her work - she puts you at ease and she is a great listene..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "She just wants your money, nothing else. A total waste of your time."

November 28, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Group "therapy" will consist of Dr. Blake reading this manual aloud to you: http://www.actonsocialanxiety.com/pdf/magt_for_SAD_2nd_ed.pdf Save your money!"

November 27, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Blake is extremely empathetic and understanding. It is very easy to open up to her and be honest about what's going on, even though it feels embarrassing. Th..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Emily Blake has this way of applying her wealth of knowledge in such pragmatic way that you don't even see it coming and it's all there, given to you, under ..."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a great experience with Dr.Blake, she really helped me work through my issues."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Emily Blake is amazing. She had an ability to make me feel comfortable & at ease regardless of the the topic, whether I was talking about serious topics o..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Sometimes our children need help and guidance that is beyond the scope of a loving mother and father. Our daughter was in this situation. Dr Emily Blake was the..."

October 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Blake due to a burnout from work, for which I took 6 months of sick leave. Dr. Blake is very empathetic and has a way of putting one at complete ease ..."

October 1, 2014
  • Phone Number has been updated from "514-319-1744" to "514-312-1744".

September 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr Blake numerous times for different reasons. She has helped me realize things in a short time. She is great, human. We did have a few laughs al..."

September 10, 2014
  • Postal Code has been updated from "H3A2A6" to "H3A 2A6". Suite has been updated from "17th Floor" to "1700".

September 9, 2014