Ratings for Dr. Emily Blake

Dr Blake always make me feel comfortable in therapy, whereas with previous psychologists and therapists I have always had a difficult time opening up and expressing my feelings. It took awhile to be able to talk to her, but Dr Blake was very thoughtful and gave me all the time to be able to express myself. Very highly recommend, I wish I was still able to go to her sessions.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Seeing Dr. Blake made a significant change in my life. There is much more harmony and way less conflict than previously. I'm going to miss our meetings.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

We had a wonderful experience with Dr Blake for the last couple of months. Her capacity to listen in order to help was satisfying and very appreciated. I would recommend her without any hesitation.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Dr. Blake was one of the most loving and kindest hearts I ever encountered in my life. She has being very helpful through my depression period. Stepping into her office at each session and being welcomed with that charismatic smile was such a relief, and assured me everything will be great. Thank you Dr. Blake for the unconditional support and care i received from you.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Pleased with the results! Dr. Blake says it like it is! I appreciated that. Although sometimes I didn't see where things were going at first, it later made sense, Dr. Blake found hidden streams that were overflowing into the lake. Once I realized this, It helped me work things out .

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Blake and my experience with her. When I first started seeing her, I was struggling to cope with my anxiety. After visiting Dr. Blake over the past several months, she has helped me clearly identify several factors that were causing me trouble. Dr Blake is a fantastic and attentive listener, she provides you with a very comfortable environment where you do not feel judged. She has helped me develop coping methods, that I know I will most definetly benefit from using. I would recommend Dr Blake to anyone I know!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Dr. Blake is an excellent psychologist. She has helped me tremendously with OCD/anxiety. Thanks to her help, OCD has gone from something that controlled my mental health to a minor nuisance. She is an excellent listener and has a gift for identifying the root cause of problems. She is also very warm, kind, open minded and nonjudgemental. Furthermore, she is very knowledgeable and has given me the impression that she always strives to be up to date on her profession. I thank Dr. Blake and highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Emily Blake on a regular basis for almost two years now. She has helped me tremendously. She is a great listener; very attentive and insightful. She gave me good advice and techniques for coping and healing. I would definitely recommend her to anyone seeking a caring and professional psychologist.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Horrible experience. VERY unimpressed. Would not go back there.

Submitted August 25, 2016

I have had several sessions with Dr. Blake. She is very easy to talk to and has helped me put things into perspective. She communicates her ideas very effectively and makes sure that you understand what it is she is trying to tell you. The tools and concepts that she provides have been very helpful indeed. The time I have spent in sessions with her has been very productive. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Dr. Emily Blake's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Emily Blake, PhD, Psychologist, is the founder and clinical director of Blake Psychology Inc., which she established in 2011. Blake Psychology has offices located in downtown Montreal (above the McGill metro) and in the West-Island of Montreal, in Pointe-Claire (near the Fairview Mall). Blake Psychology comprises a team of highly qualified psychologists, with a wide range of specialty areas, who provide assessment and psychotherapy services for people of all ages. Dr. Emily Blake has completed 12 years of university-level training in psychology, including her PhD from McGill University. She has worked in hospital, school, university, community, and private practice settings, with a focus on the treatment of anxiety disorders, depression, anger management, and interpersonal difficulties, in both adolescent and adult populations. Her research training has focused on the factors that make psychotherapy effective, and she has published a number of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals. Her doctoral research was funded by the Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec, with her application being ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition. She is a recurring guest psychologist on a popular radio show with psychologist Dr. Syd Miller on CJAD 800. She regularly participates in continuing education activities to make sure that her psychotherapy practices remain on the cutting-edge of the field. Dr. Blake’s approach to therapy is empathic, sincere, and warm-hearted. She recognizes that deciding to seek help from a qualified professional requires a significant amount of courage, and that many people feel nervous about the process of therapy. She believes that although challenging, therapy can also be an effective, interesting, and even enjoyable way to work through the difficulties you are facing in your life. She works collaboratively with clients to understand the world from their perspective, to help clients think of new ways of understanding the challenges they have been facing, and working towards developing practical, effective solutions that fit with their values and how they want to live their life. Dr. Blake is licensed as a psychologist with the Order of Psychologists of Quebec (OPQ). Before scheduling an appointment, please ask your insurance provider if they cover services delivered by a licensed psychologist. Any unclaimed fees can be claimed as medical expenses on your yearly income tax. She is also a member of the following professional organizations: Association for Behavioral Contextual Science: http://contextualscience.org Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies: http://www.abct.org Canadian Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies: http://www.cacbt.ca Dr. Blake believes that the most effective treatment is the one that is tailored to meet your particular needs. Clients cannot “fail” therapy. Every attempt is made to adapt scientifically-based interventions to meet your specific needs. Your feedback is key to making this process happen. If you're thinking of making an appointment, please call now. The sooner you get help, the longer you will have to enjoy its benefits.

• English

• Teen depression
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Anxiety
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
  • Panic attacks and panic disorder
  • Phobias
  • Anger management
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Cognitive behavioral therapy

• 2008-2011 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec: Professional Postgraduate Training Fellowship, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, $103 662 over 3 years), application ranked #6 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2010 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec Doctoral Award, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, declined because SSHRC and FRSQ Professional were accepted), $60 000 over 3 years, application ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2009 Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC; $40 000 over 2 years)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society Doctoral Award for Research and Professional Excellence ($1000)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($500)
  • 2007 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($250)
  • 2006 McGill Graduate Studies Fellowship ($5000)
  • 2006 Alma Mater Student Travel Grant Award ($750)
  • 2006 Education Graduate Student Society Travel Award ($250; declined)
  • 2005 Association for Women in Psychology Conference Scholarship ($150)
  • 2005 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2004 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2003 Bursary, University of Western Ontario ($1000)
  • 2002-2003 Dean’s Honour list, University of Western Ontario
  • 1999 Entrance Scholarship, University of Western Ontario ($750)