Ratings for Dr. Emily Blake

Strange! Just strange! Dr Blake has a very analytical mind - almost on an Aspergers spectrum. I was unable to relate to her or resolve my problems with her. She has no "street smarts" and no common sense! A very book smart mind. She seemed emotionally unstable when I was the one who needed help. I would not recommend her nor want anyone to waste their money as I have. People say that Psychologists/Psychiatrists are wacks - well she is the cream of the crop!! Just strange!!!!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr. Blake has helped me through one of my hardest times in my life. When I came to see Dr. Blake, I felt lost and didn't know where to go from there. She is such a peaceful, sweet and helpful person! She has the ability to ask me questions I would never think about, which is amazing to me. She helped me strive for the best of myself and I still am! I love the energy Dr. Blake gives out, makes me feel calm, comfortable and easy to talk to. I can not thank you Dr. Blake enough for helping me with everything I was going through. She is such a wonderful and amazing person!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Blake helped me when I hit rock bottom. She helped me identify what felt wrong in my life, and helped me to put them in perspective. Her insights, and her ability to ask the tough questions, made it possible for me to see that I wasn't completely lost. Dr. Blake helped me see that I had the tools to continue living and striving for a better life for myself. She is easy to talk to, to discuss with and is very patient and kind. Talking to Dr. Blake felt comfortable and easy, which was very welcomed in a time of my life when I didn't think anyone would listen or care. Dr. Blake is a wonderful and caring psychologist, and I am very glad to have met her, worked with her, and continue to do so.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr. Blake is a real jem! She helped me through a transition in my life and helped me understand and deal with the anxiety related to it. Dr. Blake pointed out key and valuable points in our sessions that really made me think. These insights gave me another perspective to look at and it really helped me tremendously. Dr. Blake is caring, compassionate and so easy to talk to. I would highly recommend anyone seeking a qualified, dedicated psychologist who really cares about her patients to reach out to Dr. Blake! She is wonderful!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Dr. Blake has been incredible in helping me recover from a burnout. She is patient and knowledgeable, and worked hard to relate to me and my situation. She has provided me with the necessary tools to better understand myself. There's really not much more one could ask for!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

It's not always easy to find the courage to seek help, but when you do find it within yourself to do so, the experience is made greater with someone like Dr. Blake. Her professionalism, extensive knowledge, and overall approach is simply incredible. Having never sought out professional help before, I was immediately struck by Dr. Blake's calm and inviting approach; she made me want to talk! What a difference her guidance has made in my life. If you are considering therapy, I would highly recommend Dr. Blake.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr Blake is amazing ! She makes you feel so comfortable. It was very hard to find someone who I felt comfortable enough to open up to. She never judged me or made me feel my problems were ridiculous. She was there to help find solutions to fix them. Thank you Dr Blake !

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Emily Blake is a pleasure to work with and is the best doctor in the west island, If you need to talk to somebody. Emily is the doctor to go to!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Blake for the treatment of anxiety disorders. While cognitive therapy behaviour is the standard approach, I had already been through that, and wanted a doctor who would provide a personalized combination of treatment types. She was very capable in doing this, enabling me to progress and work through some extremely difficult situations. For anyone who has difficulty opening up to strangers, Dr. Blake's warmth, compassion and nonjudgmental demeanour will be particularly welcoming.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Blake and her downtown staff are truly amazing! Such a wonderful person inside and out. I've recently started seeing her and she has already helped me so much in the short period of time that I've been visiting her. Such a calming and welcome presence, she makes you feel very comfortable as soon as you walk into her office. I highly suggest her to anyone that is thinking of seeing a psychologist even if your problems are minor she is always there to help and encourage you.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Dr. Emily Blake's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Emily Blake, PhD, Psychologist, is the founder and clinical director of Blake Psychology Inc., which she established in 2011. Blake Psychology has offices located in downtown Montreal (above the McGill metro) and in the West-Island of Montreal, in Pointe-Claire (near the Fairview Mall). Blake Psychology comprises a team of highly qualified psychologists, with a wide range of specialty areas, who provide assessment and psychotherapy services for people of all ages. Dr. Emily Blake has completed 12 years of university-level training in psychology, including her PhD from McGill University. She has worked in hospital, school, university, community, and private practice settings, with a focus on the treatment of anxiety disorders, depression, anger management, and interpersonal difficulties, in both adolescent and adult populations. Her research training has focused on the factors that make psychotherapy effective, and she has published a number of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals. Her doctoral research was funded by the Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec, with her application being ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition. She is a recurring guest psychologist on a popular radio show with psychologist Dr. Syd Miller on CJAD 800. She regularly participates in continuing education activities to make sure that her psychotherapy practices remain on the cutting-edge of the field. Dr. Blake’s approach to therapy is empathic, sincere, and warm-hearted. She recognizes that deciding to seek help from a qualified professional requires a significant amount of courage, and that many people feel nervous about the process of therapy. She believes that although challenging, therapy can also be an effective, interesting, and even enjoyable way to work through the difficulties you are facing in your life. She works collaboratively with clients to understand the world from their perspective, to help clients think of new ways of understanding the challenges they have been facing, and working towards developing practical, effective solutions that fit with their values and how they want to live their life. Dr. Blake is licensed as a psychologist with the Order of Psychologists of Quebec (OPQ). Before scheduling an appointment, please ask your insurance provider if they cover services delivered by a licensed psychologist. Any unclaimed fees can be claimed as medical expenses on your yearly income tax. She is also a member of the following professional organizations: Association for Behavioral Contextual Science: http://contextualscience.org Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies: http://www.abct.org Canadian Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies: http://www.cacbt.ca Dr. Blake believes that the most effective treatment is the one that is tailored to meet your particular needs. Clients cannot “fail” therapy. Every attempt is made to adapt scientifically-based interventions to meet your specific needs. Your feedback is key to making this process happen. If you're thinking of making an appointment, please call now. The sooner you get help, the longer you will have to enjoy its benefits.

• English

• Teen depression
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Anxiety
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
  • Panic attacks and panic disorder
  • Phobias
  • Anger management
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Cognitive behavioral therapy

• 2008-2011 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec: Professional Postgraduate Training Fellowship, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, $103 662 over 3 years), application ranked #6 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2010 Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec Doctoral Award, (FRSQ; awarded for 36 months, declined because SSHRC and FRSQ Professional were accepted), $60 000 over 3 years, application ranked #1 in the provincial wide competition
  • 2007-2009 Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC; $40 000 over 2 years)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society Doctoral Award for Research and Professional Excellence ($1000)
  • 2008 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($500)
  • 2007 Education Graduate Student’s Society/Faculty of Education Travel Award ($250)
  • 2006 McGill Graduate Studies Fellowship ($5000)
  • 2006 Alma Mater Student Travel Grant Award ($750)
  • 2006 Education Graduate Student Society Travel Award ($250; declined)
  • 2005 Association for Women in Psychology Conference Scholarship ($150)
  • 2005 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2004 Bursary, McGill University ($1000)
  • 2003 Bursary, University of Western Ontario ($1000)
  • 2002-2003 Dean’s Honour list, University of Western Ontario
  • 1999 Entrance Scholarship, University of Western Ontario ($750)