You may also like

Rate Dr. Emily Blake

Dr. Emily Blake's Ratings

I arrived at her office at 15h. Dr Blake gave me a wimpy handshake and spent the next 7 min to charge me $140 on my credit card. By the time I sat down and talk to her 10min already gone. When I talked to her about all my crucial life's decisions that affect me very negatively, Dr Blake put them down as if it's so easy to change myself after spending all my life with the same problem. She compared my problems with the problem children have when they were younger and believe in Santa Claus and after they grow up they no longer believe in Santa Claus. I felt that she treat me like a child. Then at 15h45, Dr Blake declare the session is over!!! Overall the session last only 35 min for $140!!! It was my first and only appointment with her.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2904384].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 24, 2015

Upon reading these overall great reviews, I didn’t hesitate for a second to book an appointment with Dr. Blake. Her Montreal «office» is practically 2x2 meter booth on a rental office building floor shared with massage therapists and other random businesses.
I will not go into detail but I have to say I am very disappointed, especially for the way above average hourly rate fee she charges. I felt rushed and it seemed to me like 100% of the things she was saying were generic «clichés» and superficial in my opinion. I want to emphasis on the «being rushed» part. It was my first and only appointment and in her defence, she did mention being tired and having a headache - but that’s not my problem, she should have rescheduled.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2884499].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2015

I've seen numerous therapists/psychiatrists/psychowhatevers
ever since I was a little girl... They were ok, but nothing seemed to really work for me...
And finally after ten years, we've found Dr. Blake! I was pleasantly surprised! Not only is her advice insightful and top-quality, but she has a very warm and empathetic demeanour. She's always ready to listen, and you can tell that she really does care about you, no matter how big or small your problem is. Now, I can finally live normally and get out of my comfort zone. Even my family has noticed positive changes in my general mood and attitude over the past year! Thank you for helping me find peace and true happiness Dr. Blake! :)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2868386].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

When I first starting seeing Dr. Blake, my anxiety was preventing me from living my life normally. I was terrified of crossing the street, I stopped driving, and I had daily panic attacks. I was checking to make sure my doors were locked about 20-30 times before going to bed each night.
Now, a year later, I can cross the street and walk around Montreal without being terrified. I can drive, I no longer have any panic attacks, and I don’t check my doors more than once.
Not only has Dr. Blake helped me through a very difficult and anxious time in my life, she has given me the tools to go forth with my post-university life in a more calm, stress-free, and productive manner. I always felt better after leaving her office and looked forward to each session.
I cannot thank her enough for everything she has done for me.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2863807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I found Dr Blake to be very easy to speak to and work with: her methods helped me to become more self-reliant in the management of my anxiety and OCD. She also helped me address the various manifestations of my anxious behaviour through attentive and personalized planning. I highly recommend her services, as she is very knowledgeable, patient, and understanding.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2847601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I was completly satisfied with my experience with Dr Blake.
She is patient, kind, professional & adaptable. I was able to skype some of my sessions rather than meeting in person.
I would highly recommend seeing Dr Blake for any of your mental health needs.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2847592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

As Dr Blake always says: life is all about choices and decisions....well one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life was to seek help with her. She guided me wisely through a very difficult period in my life and thanks to her I learned how to survive the turmoil and chose what is best for me, without fear and acting with integrity. Working together we did cover all the areas of my life: from single parenting, to dealing with divorce, starting a new relationship, conflictive friendships, and the right career advice . I enjoyed her techniques, she suggested me very interesting and helpful literature. I always stepped out of her office feeling wiser and more confident. after her well organized and punctual sessions.Thank you for all your help dear Dr Blake, you are an amazing professional!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2832882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Blake was kind and helped my daughter from the very first meeting. She brought out something in my daughter that previous providers were unable to and most importantly, gave my daughter hope that things would improve.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2832294].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Doctor Blake was able to help me out during the most difficult period of my life, when, as a result of war and post-wars events , I had experienced for many years in my country of origin, I established the post-traumatic stress disorder followed with serious panic attacks and horrible nightmares. I faced a serious anxiety and depression . Doctor Blake's very warm approach made me trust her immediately and made me speak out for a very first time in my life about all I went through. Every time during our session, I had a feeling that I'm realising out a big part of the burden I had carried for a long time. Thanks to doctor Blake, I was able to overpass and deal with depression, panic attacks and PTSD and put behind my past. Her guidelines and practical advices were of great help in the difficult process of my mental healing and during the re-establishing period of my deeply disturbed mental peace. I feel like a new person today. It is my pleasure to recommend doctor Blake. She is extremely knowledgeable, kind and sincere ,which makes her a great psychologist able to help her patients.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2788127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr Blake is a great listener , she puts you at ease and has some great techniques and empathy. Thanks Dr Blake for helping me deal with the ambiguity that life throws in

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2785801].votes_count ]]