Ratings for Dr. John Alden Dawdy

He has been nothing but kind to my mother, a patient for many years. Although she is a complicated case, he and his staff stay current on her condition and call her often to discuss her medications. When my mother of speaks about Dr. Dawdy, she always tells people how much she likes him. Thank you for always doing your best and taking such good care of my mother.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I HATE DR.DAWDY,in my opinion he is incompetent and cold. He was in Ottawa General Emerg. I had Atrtial fibrilation.He put me on high dosage 400 of Amiodarone, put me on Warfin and Beta Blockers.I begged him to let me stay in the hospital. He said very coldly he needed my bed. Pumped up on all this new medication I was sent home. Before I left he opened my curtain while I was dressing and said by the way these drugs have side effects. Nothing more. My after visits with him were nothing short of terriable. He said if I had any problems while at home to see my own GP. Why would he say that to me? I told him I was severly depressed,he said do you want to see physchiatrist. I did not need a physchiatrist. Told him my back hurt and I had a hard time breathing and was feeling sick all the time, he dismissed what I said. Showed him how the whites of my eyes had turned yellow and he made no comment,just nothing. I finally went to see DR. NIZNICK and he took me off those teriable meds.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

I had leg edema, shortness of breath, low O2 saturation, regular chest pain, fatigue and 2 previous heart attacks. Dr. Dawdy told me my symptoms were due to my meds and that my heart was fine. When I told him that I had gone off all my meds for 3 months he had no further answer. He also stated that my previous 2 heart attacks were probably not really heart attacks!?!?! Two weeks later my respirologist ordered a heart test that showed a hole in my septal wall. Further testing showed right sided heart failure. If I had of listened to him and not sought another opinion....who knows where I'd be today.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

he is very helpful. as busy as he is he always has time for your concerns.he is very knowledgeable and up to date on all the latest medical advances.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2011

Dr. Dawdy graduated for University of Western Ontario in 1988 (MD). He is also qualified in internal medicine.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011