Ratings for Dr. Mark Hallman

saw this doctor for a consultation. he listened well but I still felt a little rushed. hopefully things are better on my follow-up appointment.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I left my appointment with Dr. Halman in extreme pain after he made sure to invalidate me and previous diagnoses that were given to me by a forensic psychologist with whom I had a multi-year theraputic relationship with. Dr Halman does not work on building any kind of understanding with his patients, nor has he learned how to build a rapport with people in crisis in the four years since the first rating was left. I will not lie about how great the staff was and how punctual he was in order to lower the overall rating that he has received from me but make no mistake: this psychiatrist is NOT someone that anyone should be exposed to when they are in crisis or in need of a trauma aware psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Saw this guy on a consult and a flow up...found him to be rude, dismissive and not interested in helping...would never recommend him and have advise my referring Dr.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

Primarily a researcher whose work garners grants for St. Mike's. Highly prone to Countertransference, Contextual accuracy and phenomenology escape this person. He spoke very rudely to me and wagged his finger at me at a time in my life when I needed support. The first criterea for properly carrying out a psychatric consult is gaining rapport with the patient which this person cannot do with types of patients he has no expertise in. -ie. harm reduction. Seems not to know how to debunk incorrect Dx. from GP. Took grossly incomplete Hx. I will lose $300,000.00 due, in part, to this practitioner`s poor concept of my case. When he saw me, he had just completed medical rounds on the wards with his resident. The resident interviewed me with her lab coat on. This could have potentially been a violation of infection control protocols as I have Aids and a low t-cell count. I only have two opportunistic infections at this time and feel lucky not to have a third. Avoid at all costs!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011