Ratings for Dr. Mark Hallman

Saw Dr Mark Howard Halman (Halman with one L only) on a consultation and follow up appt at Mount Sinai Hospital in downtown Toronto. WOW arrogant, rude and not helpful! I left in tears both times. Very rude bed side manners! Dr Mark Halman is in his mid 50s non professional / no interpersonal skills. He could barely keep awake during the consultation appt as he kept yawing like a lion. He was rude and annoyed throughout as he struggled to stay awake. Dr M Halman did a very poor pysch history interview, asked random questions off the top of his head and focused on past things that don’t bother me, but wouldn’t let me talk about the issues/crisis I was experiencing today and needed help with. Dr M Halman talked down to me and I felt belittled like I was less of a person bc I suffer from mental illness. He got angry especially if I went off topic, bc I wanted to discuss things that bothered me now, but he didn’t like being interrupted. I couldn’t ask any questions WTF useless appt and he earns ohip millions to snooze all day at MSH. Dr Halman didn’t explain my diagnosis, didn’t explain the prescribed meds or side effects during the appt. Later, I read his consult note and found a lot of inconsistencies and things he missed and or misunderstood. He included what he wanted to, to make me look bad. He said he explained/discussed at length about dx and meds and he never mentioned a word. Both appts rushed bc he was late bc he was roaming the halls doing nothing. For follow up appt Dr Halman was unprepared as he didn’t read his previous notes so he was lost and scattered brained. When I arrived he was already angry and pissed off and in a bad mood at something else but took it out on me instead. He spoke rudely and loudly and I felt very intimidated by him. I already felt ill and he made me feel worse. Dr M Halman got angry bc I asked him why he was angry at me and that just made things worse. He was fuming and I got terrified; I couldn’t even speak and he looked at me like I was crazy and yelled “what’s wrong?” I should not have gone to the follow up appt bc he was an arse at the first appt and useless. If I needed pills I could just go to a vending machine and swipe my card and have the machine spit out the pills. I wouldn’t need his arrogant rude useless services. Oh did i mention Dr Mark Howard Halman of MSH in Toronto is very rude and arrogant and a useless Dr??? He is unprofessional and has a short temper and snapped rudely at me a few times especially during the follow up appt when I confronted him about his anger/attitude. I never saw him smile once; maybe he needs some of his pills. Dr Mark Halman of MSH Toronto Canada is a consultation Dr only and treats outpatients in general psychiatric assessment clinic , to evaluate and diagnose mental illness and NOT a Dr that you would go to in a state of crisis/emergency and desperate for help. For that you have to go to the ER or call the Toronto distress Help line 416-408-4357 – do not wait for an appt with Dr M Halman bc he will NOT listen and he will NOT help and he will NOT care! Mark Halman is a lazy rude arse of a Dr!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

saw this doctor for a consultation. he listened well but I still felt a little rushed. hopefully things are better on my follow-up appointment.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I left my appointment with Dr. Halman in extreme pain after he made sure to invalidate me and previous diagnoses that were given to me by a forensic psychologist with whom I had a multi-year theraputic relationship with. Dr Halman does not work on building any kind of understanding with his patients, nor has he learned how to build a rapport with people in crisis in the four years since the first rating was left. I will not lie about how great the staff was and how punctual he was in order to lower the overall rating that he has received from me but make no mistake: this psychiatrist is NOT someone that anyone should be exposed to when they are in crisis or in need of a trauma aware psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Saw this guy on a consult and a flow up...found him to be rude, dismissive and not interested in helping...would never recommend him and have advise my referring Dr.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

Primarily a researcher whose work garners grants for St. Mike's. Highly prone to Countertransference, Contextual accuracy and phenomenology escape this person. He spoke very rudely to me and wagged his finger at me at a time in my life when I needed support. The first criterea for properly carrying out a psychatric consult is gaining rapport with the patient which this person cannot do with types of patients he has no expertise in. -ie. harm reduction. Seems not to know how to debunk incorrect Dx. from GP. Took grossly incomplete Hx. I will lose $300,000.00 due, in part, to this practitioner`s poor concept of my case. When he saw me, he had just completed medical rounds on the wards with his resident. The resident interviewed me with her lab coat on. This could have potentially been a violation of infection control protocols as I have Aids and a low t-cell count. I only have two opportunistic infections at this time and feel lucky not to have a third. Avoid at all costs!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011