Dr. Scott McKenzie

Ratings for Dr. Scott McKenzie

I'm 85 years old, and can WALK, SIT, and STAND better than I could when I was 79 years old thanks to TWO perfect hip replacements, and now, TWO perfect knee replacements executed by Doctor McKenzie. I have regained my independence, and I have no pain. I would not be where I am to-day without Doctor Mckenzies' expertise, and care. I am, so very grateful!! Ruth Serwotka

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I had hip surgery in 2008. Dr McKenzie performed the surgery. He was a fantastic surgeon. My left hip is absolutely perfect and has been for all this time. Very happy..... I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him, Marion Wilson

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Displaced olecranon surgery Feb 2016. Excellent surgeon and bedside manner. Very first time I broke a bone and this break required plate & pins to attach my Olecranon to the Ulna. At consult with Dr Mckenzie which was just prior to going into OR we discussed what options I had for the hardware. I respected his response to my questions about the hardware which was that until he looked inside he could not confirm what hardware he would use. Makes sense! Surgery went perfect and a plate and 8 screws we installed. Follow up appt. in 2 weeks post surgery. Dr. Mckenzie was very puctual for all of my appts. Xrays showed excellent healing. Soft cast & staples were removed from my incision. Another soft cast was in order for 2 more weeks of healing. I didnt want the soft cast to be put on. He listen to my concern & suggested a brace which would still restrict my movement for healing but allow my arm to breath. I was so thankful for this option. After only 4 weeks post surgery brace no longer required and I started my physio. Dr. Mckenzie performed amazing surgery and my scar is hardly noticeable even after getting the hardware removed 4 months later. I was golfing by early May 2016 and back on my bike (which was the reason for the surgery) as well. My overall experience was excellent and I am very fortunate to have had him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Fantastic doctor... if my other knee goes... which is likely... I'll be heading up to Barrie again to see Dr. Mackenzie.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I am extremly happy with my hip surgery performed by Dr. McKenzie July 15th 2016! With great accuracy he managed to line up my left hip even with my right! Also did a super job with my incision which as a result is a very thin scar . Pain was minimal & am ever so grateful with a job well done. Thank you Dr.Scott McKenzie! Germaine Fraser

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

I just wanted to take the time to commend Dr. McKenzie (and his team) for a job well done on BOTH of my surgeries. I originally broke my left ankle in November 2014 and Dr. McKenzie was the surgeon who installed a metal plate and screws in my ankle. I was scared as it was my first ever surgery, and he talked me down and explained everything so that I was knowledgable about what was about to occur. He went through all of the risks associated with the surgery in a way that I understood, yet it didn't scare me more. The first surgery went well, and he even missed the one nerve that he could have accidentally severed due to its placement, which would have caused me to lose some feeling in my foot. Fast forward and I had some complications with my body rejecting the plate. During all follow up appointments he was thorough, and friendly. His bedside manner is second to none. Each time I made an appointment, he never seemed to rush me and was genuinely concerned about what brought me in. My last appointment with him, I requested having hardware removal surgery due to all of my complications. Dr. McKenzie was very understanding and did not try to pressure me into not having the surgery, and agreed the hardware should come out as it was very prominent and painful. Fast forward again to March 2016. I finally had my hardware removal surgery, and it went off without a hitch again. Dr. McKenzie made the OR a comfortable environment, and he even missed that nerve for a second time (after explaining there was a higher risk of him severing it this time around). His incision looks amazing and I can't wait to see how the scar heals. He is nothing but professional at what he does, and I strongly believe that he needs to be commended for a job well done. I'm not one to write reviews, but I felt very strongly about sharing my appreciation for this surgeon. In my opinion, he has to be the best in the industry. I would like him, his team, and any potential patients of his to know how appreciative I am of the care that I received from him and his team.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I have had both my knees replaced by Dr. Scott McKenzie and he is the best surgeon! My husband and my father in law have also had knee replacements performed by him and they too are also impressed by the quality of knowledge and care given by him and his staff. I would highly recommend him for anyone looking for orthopedic surgery to be done. Shirley & Ted Aust Jr and Ted Aust Sr. We love him he is the best!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I have had both good and not so good results under Dr. McKenzies care, the negative has no bearing on his service. I have gone from braces on my knees to ortho surgery on both knees to injections in both knees and expect replacements in the future. Dr. mcKenzie takes the crawl, walk run approach which I believe in. Result will vary amoung individual people, but as far as knowledge, surgical ability, professional respective approach, my trust is with him now and will continue in the future.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Been a patient of Dr. Scott McKenzie for a while, and cannot say enough good things about his patient care. He listens, and is quite gentle with his procedures. He also has a great sense of dry humor which is appreciated when things get a little tough to handle. Would recommend his highly. did not know how to rate knowledge, as I'm not an orthopedic surgeon, but think it is quite high.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I would rate this doctor lower if it were possible. His surgery made my knee problems worse, not better. His attitude is very uncaring.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014