Ratings for Dr. Patricia M. Moore

Dr. Moore was possibly the worst doctor I have ever seen. Not only was she extremely rude and abrupt but after a quick exam told me I have clinical depression and wanted to put me on a high dose of depression medicine. She sent my mother out of the room and told me if I didn't figure out what was making me so depressed that she would commit me to snowen! I have extreme migraines that make my eye droop, this has nothing to do with depression. She then bullied me into thinking I was depressed and caused my seizures and migraines myself. I switched to a different practice and am now getting to what is really going on. I found her ridiculous and would never go back.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

I had almost the exact same experience yesterday as the previous reviewer. I/ve never experienced a doctor who interacted with a patient or family in this manner. I found some info online regarding Dr. Moore and a court case which documents her difficulty working with staff members. She was also let go from Vanderbilt University a few years before that for similar behavior. The court case states the staff was anxious and unhappy on the days she worked in the clinic. Here is a link to that court case: http://www.ca3.uscourts.gov/opinarch/054094np.pdf. After a brief physical she turns to my family member and states "I am diagnosing you with Clinical Depression.". I advised her that my family member had a pain in the base of her neck a few days before and now is speaking strangely, almost as if she has a stroke. She has tingling all over her body for 4 months and is tired. There are no symptoms of depression in my family member and to make that diagnosis shows her incompetence.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

I attended an appointment with a family member because she was having memory problems and for comfort. Dr. Moore demanded that I not speak and was very rude (in my opinion) of how she told me to stop talking. She was also somewhat demeaning to the patient by periodically referring to her as not understanding and having a blank look on her face. The patient was also very nervous to hear the results of a test and after waiting at least 5 minutes or so in silece while Dr. Moore just clicked around on her computer, the patient asked if the results were bad and Dr. Moore responded in a very rude manner that she goes through a particular process and to just wait. She also periodically complained about it being the last appointment on a Friday and appeared to be exasperated that she was even there. She did not seem caring, sympathetic, understanding or have any "bedside manner" at all and myself and the patient left feeling not only frustrated, but very hurt.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

Dr. Patricia M. Moore's Credentials

• Medical College Of Pennsylvania (Grad. 1973)