Ratings for Dr. Robert K. Lee

I have written to Rate MD's twice to take off my high rating but it is still there. This was written right after my surgery before I started having problems. He fixed my bunion and shortened my second toe. When I first met him, he came in after an hour's wait and handed me a paper explaining the bunion surgery. I wanted to know what he could do about my irritated toe that was not otherwise bothering me, and he glanced at it and said it would have to be shortened. The second toe never healed, although the toe for my bunion did. He never explained the operation and that my second toe would not bend. The worst part is that he dismissed me and told me everything had healed and there was no reason to come back..I was going to physical therapy after this and the therapist was giving me exercises based on my toe being healed. Six months later I went back and asked him why my toe was still swollen. He took X-rays and told me it hadn't healed. I was given cortisone shots which brought down the swelling. The second toe also feels numb. I am going to get a second opinion, but I don't know if it would be wise to have a corrective surgery.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

I have UCLA healthcare, HMO, and Dr Lee's group, University Podiatry Group, is part of that. I looked at Dr Lee's extensive background and decided I would request him for my appointment. I felt confident with the doctor and the hospital so decided on the bunionectomy. I knew I wouldn't be guaranteed any one result but that it would be a great improvement over my present foot problem, so I went ahead with the surgery. I was very happy with the results. I followed the doctor's instructions. Dr. Lee has a very busy schedule so his time is limited, but you can be confident that he is a very skillful and ethical surgeon who will want to give his patients the best results.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

anything that could go wrong did

flag | Submitted August 7, 2006

Dr. Robert K. Lee's Credentials

• Spanish

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1999)