Ratings for Dr. Alan L. Mezey

Caring compassionate and very knowledgeable. A great doctor with a great staff. His diagnosis have been spot on. Will refer to a specialist if needed.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr. Mezey has been my physician for several years. I find him consistently helpful, and willing to try different approaches to difficult clinical problems. I would recommend him to anyone (although his office staff can be a little brusque at times).

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

Dr. Mezey is a very nice man... but I always leave his office wondering why I went. Rather than refer you to a specialist for a problem out of his area of knowledge (in my case, a sleep disorder), he'll order tests (for me, the WRONG TYPE of sleep study), then you'll have to face down his horrible receptionist to try to get results, which he'll then read over the phone and tell you "well, I don't really know what these terms mean". He's written me scripts for meds that required pre-approval from the ins. co.... but then his office staff blunders the approval process (which I had to walk them through). In addition, I once visited b/c I had a painful lump behind one ear, which he told me was just part of my skull that I had never noticed before. Yeah. It was a swollen lymph node.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2006

Dr. Alan L. Mezey's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1989)

Healthnet