Ratings for Dr. James G. Donahue

I am surprised of the ratings. We love Dr.Donahue and staff. Been so helpful and understanding during this process! Fingers crossed they get us pregnant!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Everyone on this site has hit the nail on the head with this Dr. I don't see any reason to repeat. This Dr needs his practice closed now. Don't waste your money like we did. 20 grand flushed down the toilet, and yes the Dr and staff are POS!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Please don't waste your time or your money!!!! The office staff are flat out rude...no one knows what they are doing...heck they didn't even know the type of cycle I was on! I mean clearly you didn't check my chart!!! All they care about is MONEY!! I absolutely hate giving bad reviews but I had to warn people about this office..I wish I would have read the reviews first because they are absolutely correct about everything I read...I've had two iui's and two Ivfs!! Obviously after the first failed cycle you would think we would go back to the drawing board and discuss what went wrong or what could be an issue but no!! No one even called or was concerned!!! I have so much more to say about this place but it would be a book by the time I finish! Just please please please consider someone else!! Run!!!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

This office and its staff are horrible. Don't waste any time in an already difficult journey with these people. The nurses and office manager are rude and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

I am fifty five years old, female , and almost at peace with the fact that my husband and I were not blessed with children . We started a successfully business, eight years ago. I am in the salon and spa business and we have developed a wonderful staff and blessed with a great clientele. We have 52 years collectively of customer service. We teach it and live customer service. I felt compelled to leave a reveiw about Dr. Donahue and his staff. I just happened to stumble across this website. I just want to say, we used this practice and were not knowledgable about fertility options. I was 31 at the time. Now that I am older,I can honestly say, Dr. Donahue was consistently rude. I thought maybe I was being to judgmental.I appreciated his frankness but after many visits and a procedure, I became disinterested in seeking fertility help. I discontinued our fertility struggle ,when the nurse discovered through her exam that I had a large cyst on my ovary and we would not be able to start the procedure that day . Dr. Donahue was very upset and tossed package of birth control pills at me . They fell to the ground, and Dr. Donahue said I would have to come back as he walked out the door I ,don't even think he made eye contact with either of us. I was done with that behavior. My conclusion was that I was out of my element and God had other plans for me. I do want to say, you can't please everyone. I was not an overly sensitive girl, I grew up with seven brothers and two sisters. He may be good but if you get discouraged, don't give up. I wish I would have sleeked out another practice. The desk girls were even more rude. My heart goes out to all couples going through this challenge . God has many blessings for us , they come in many ways.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I am actually surprised to see such low ratings on Dr. Donahue. We did IUIs and was able to have a baby girl. Everyone is correct about some office staff members being rude or not so friendly, though we didn't have as much of a problem as many seemed to have experienced. If you are looking for someone to hold your hands, his office is not probably for you. If you want to get pregnant, though, he is pretty good at what he does. We noticed that he is not very good at communication but we don't like those super sweet and friendly type of doctors anyway.... We were happy with Dr. Donahue and what he was able to do for us.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Front office staff is very rude. I spent a total of about 25 minutes talking with Dr. I was there for surgery consult. We spent about 10 minutes talking about that, the remainder of the time we talked about him, and his recent decision to go to grad school for business and he showed me his presentation on his computer, and talked about how successful he is, and blah blah blah. Egotistical to say the least. I paid 225 dollars for that visit. He told me he would do the surgery. We had been talking via email a couple times prior to my drive down to meet with him face to face. Due to extensive medical background I have I didn't want to waste anyone's time if he didn't feel he could do the surgery. HONESTY is all I asked for. He told me he would do surgery in Sept, I said I have a trip planned lets do Oct. He agreed. Did some AMH blood test, it came back and all the sudden he backed out of doing surgery. When I told him my feelings in regards to it, he did not want to listen and made it all about this blood test, which has been known to not be reliable and with anything infertility related - NOTHING IS GUARENTEED. I recognized this as I have done IVF previously and was successful. I just wanted this surgery as an option to give it a try and say it was a try, I explained if it failed I was ok with that - I just wanted the option to try. He took my money. Now is not going to do surgery. So I paid that much money to talk about HIM!!! Find another location. You are doing yourself and your body an injustice to go to someone who seems to be dishonest. To him it is about just making the dollar. He kept wanting to push IVF on me, despite the fact I said NO to IVF. Then he was trying to push donor eggs on me. When I think of how this all went down. Best way to describe him - 1970 Used Car Salesman type. Run fast fast fast. Dr. Michael Henry is great, Dr. John Jarrett is amazing.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

Worst experience ever!!!!! I'm hearing that many woman have failed cycles due to premature ovulation. Premature ovulation is easily prevented. Took our money with no responsibility to provide the care he should. If he was so "knowledgeable" we would not have wasted our money and my eggs.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

I agree this office is crooked and unprofessional. Staff is extremely rude and billing practices are fraudulant. Will perform procedures you specifically state you do NOT want and bill you for them anyway. Facility is nice but but staff's behavior is unacceptable and doctor is untrustworthy.Run and don't look back!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

Try somewhere else. Dr. Donahue is amazing, but you won't see him - only the office staff - which have no business working with patients [OMG what rudeness]. They will talk openly about you just as you leave so when other patients are in the waiting area - they will hear all the negative things about you. You will pay about $11K to $13K with all the last minute things that pop up - an xray a day? Lab work each day for 2 weeks? It adds up super quick.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

Dr. James G. Donahue's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1989)