Ratings for Dr. Shane M. Ragsdale

Was kinda new to the Denton region and I was able to find this optometry using Google. They accepted my insurance and I was set for an appointment :) I had the best experience here. The receptionists were nice to me and the doctor was receptive to all of my questions. Even though I have horrible vision, he put my mind at ease. I don't think I'll be changing doctors anytime soon .. I think I found the right one :)

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

We were given a contact lens prescription with incorrect specifications (prescribed -6.25 sphere when Biofinity does not come in that size). After notifying office of need for replacement prescription, it was corrected in their records with no notes that the error was ever made. (That was silly, since we had a hard copy of the original.) Staff required physical presence of patient or mail (I assume because it is slow, not because it is safe) to provide corrected prescription. After getting the correct prescription, the date of service was cut off. When the optical provider contacted the doctors office to get the date of service, office refused to provide it. Again requiring a physical visit from the patient. Overall, they started out as incompetent and then moved on to being as obstructive as possible. They are the most unpleasant and unprofessional medical personnel I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Dr. Shane M. Ragsdale's Credentials

• University Of Houston - College Of Optometry (Grad. 2011)

Secure Horizons