Ratings for Dr. John W. Secor

have tried to get an appointment, leave messages, once talked with a staff that said I would receive a call the next day, i'm sure the Doctor is great but his staff is ...........

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Actually, I have never left a review but felt the need to do so regarding Dr. Secor. I was a patient with some prior medical issues and was a bit apprehensive about having a colonoscopy. Dr. Secor reviewed my entire medical chart and took all precautions necessary in order to avoid any complications. After my initial appointment with him, there was no doubt that I have chosen the best doctor for this procedure. I would definitely recommend him to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

The best doctor I have ever seen. I have been a patient since 1992 when I was at my wits end with symptoms of IBS that no other doctor could get under control. Dr. Secor listened to me and asked many questions and then tells me he believes I have bacterial overgrowth of the small bowel. He put me on medication and in less than a week I was much better. I have continued to see him at least once a year since. In 2010 and 2011 he diagnosed gall bladder problems and he was correct as after surgery I was told the gall bladder was full of stones. He has been great. He always has time to listen to you and is prompt in returning phone calls or e-mail. He really cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

It will be 15 years in January that I have been going to this tremendous Doctor. He immediately suspected Crohn's Disease or IBS and quickly performed a colonoscopy. Voila Crohn's. I have not responded to any of the commonly used drugs. I even took a drug called in short "6MP" for about 45 days. I eventually got very ill and my vitals got very low and I was bad for about 3 days and he went thru an IV regimen that eventually cured me. He did indeed conclude that it was the aforementioned drug that was the culprit and took me off it. Just recently I had to go to the emergency room again due to a reaction to an antibiotic from another doctor.Who comes riding in on his "White Horse" to save the day, Dr. Secor again. He ordered some specialized tests because he suspected something odd. And he caught E-Coli and a thing caleed C-Diff for short. Man was I some sick for a while. But he fixed me up again. I feel for certain that he saved my life twice. AWESOME! The best Doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

Dr. Secor is one of the most knowledgeable and caring physicians I have even come across. I have seen many specialists, and not one has taken the time and care that Dr. Secor has with my condition. Whoever said this man should not be practicing medicine is wrong. He is a wonderful doctor and I would reccomend him to all my friends and family members. God bless this man.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010

This man should not be practicing medicine. I have severe Crohn's Disease, and he is uncaring and rude. I would not recommend seeing him.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2009

After seeing the other reviews, I was a little worried but I found the staff very friendly and helpful and Dr. Secor really took the time to listen and talk with me. I did not feel like he rushed me at all. I did have to wait for a little while but I think he was taking time with another patient. I was pleasantly surprised.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2008

Extremely lazy and rude staff. Digetive health associates is a scam. They dont care about your health and just care about seeing the maximum number of patients to make the most money. These people become doctors because of money, not because of their desire to help people.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

Initial visit left me amazed..Office staff failed to follow thru with what was promised and when i ask for it to be done the way i was told it would.. the response from staff and dr., was very shocking to me and considering I was in extreme pain and not one person ask me if i needed help! I was already ill and got no help here!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2007

Doctor refused to see me after I had been patient for many years.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2007

Dr. John W. Secor's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1979)

Healthnet