Ratings for Dr. Barbara Atwood

I have been seeing this dr for 6 months . My insurance changed and she is not in network and being its a new year when i called for a follow visit on blood pressure medicine she had given me i told them it would be out of network. I get in there and her lousy billing clerk said she couldnt get ahold of my insurance and they wont take out of nerwork if im a new patient and i said im not . I called my insurance right from her office they had never heard of such a thing. All you do is pay full Office visit. This doctors office is like from the cave ages.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Doctor Atwood has always been spot on with her diagnoses and she has a systematic approach to problem solving. She knows when to refer a patient to a specialist, when it is best for the patient care. Many times she has been more insightful than some of the specialists I have gone to. If you are sick and call early in the day you can usually get into one of the "sick" appointments they hold open each day. If you are very sick Dr. Atwood or one of her nursesn will call and check on you. She has privileges at Kadlec Medical Center so that you can have a doctor who knows your history treat you in the hospital rather than the hospitalist who doesn't know your background. My family has had Dr. Atwood as our doctor for over 10 years and we are very happy and confident with her care.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

This doctor did not listen to any of my complaints/concerns and continued to talk over me. I was treated like an old frail hypochondriac which was frustrating because I am an young active healthy woman. This doctor very outdated in her medical knowledge. Was very opposed to exploring a different medication/ hormone option and when I asked some questions it was very clear she was uncomfortable with discussing in much depth. And in the end she sent over the wrong prescription to the pharmacy.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

she is my family dr. and really great to take time to listen to what you have to say and makes you feel like she really cares. fill's all meds., when needed and accepts my insurance of asuris and medicare. her staff is also great i'm so blessed to have them care for me.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Barbara Atwood takes no patients who have any form of Medicare even-though we have Group Health Clear Care and will be having AARP or Premera Blue Cross next year. She specializes in elderly patients! What kind of doctor is this? This is almost un-American! The bookkeeper said it is because they have to bill Medicare and the personal insurance company, this is wrong, they only bill the Personal Insurance Co. Medicare has an agreement with the insurance company!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

Had to wait for about 1 hour every time I went in, while she sat a the computer doing nothing and talking to the other nurses.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

Dr. Atwood is very attentive, and spends just the right amount of time with her patients. She offers suggestions and has a good personal touch. And she listened to everything on my "list", which is rare during physicals. However, there is always a long wait time at her clinic, and she is slow at returning test results. This is probably because she spends more time than she actually allots with each patient. I would say she is under-staffed, but I know she can't afford to hire more people. She is obviously not in the business to get rich.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

This doctor is OK. Probably very good with older people. Nurse is excellent, seems to listen well and seeks to understand. Staff is poor in that they are not willing to listen nor help solve problems. Some of them are in need of customer service training. Exam room has some odd, large print, jokes posted about oil companies. It doesn't seem to be appropriate for a doctor's exam room.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

The best doctor I have ever had!! I was really sorry when I moved from Richland. Very compassionate and very very articulate.Also very knowledgeble and up to date with medical advances. A great listener and a doctor with a heart. The staff is also awesome!!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

Dr. Barbara Atwood's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Richland, WA