Ratings for Dr. Dawn M. Sumrall

I saw her 20yrs ago, she was very rude and cold. Basically she just bluntly told me that I minus well abort my pregnancy because according to her my child was going to "possibly" have every known medical condition wrong with her. She treated me very ugly like as if it were my fault. She told me I was to young to be pregnant. I was 21 and had been married 2yrs. which was none of her bussiness! She did a very painful pap smear and that night I bled and cramped horribly bad. At the ER they said I was at high risk for miscarriage. I was put bed rest 2wks. I have no doubt that the cause of it was that "painful" pap smear! By the grace of God, I did not lose my child and I did not take her advice. I found a new doctor ASAP! My daughter was born absolutely perfect, she is beautiful and extremely intelligent. She graduated with honors and also graduated college with honors. She's now going into her 3'rd year of college. In my mind this doctor is evil. I'm so glad I trusted God and He protected me and my child from her! Maybe I'm the only one that had a bad experience with her, but I wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2019

She has been my doctor for well over 20 years and has delivered all 3 of my children. She is a great doctor and you can trust her💜

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

She's rude and has no concern for patients or unborn babies. That's just my experience though,everyone has a right to their own opinion.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

She rushes through appointments and shows little concern for patients health!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

I am four and a half months pregnant with my first child. About a year and a half ago was my first visit. I think I got the wrong impression that she was kind of short with me but I think they were just having a busy day. When we started the pregnancy appointments she was so sweet and would even include my husband in the conversations which really made him feel included (I don't think that feel that way often). Even her staff was really sweet- I called with a simple question and two weeks later at my next appointment, the nurse that I had talked to remembered that she had talked to me and even asked about an update on my situation. Anyway overall I would really have to give them all fives. They are never really more than thirty minutes late but it IS a doctor's office.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

Dr. Sumrall has a very busy practice. She is an excellent physician with impeccable skill. I had 2 high risk pregnancies and she and her staff were fantastic! I did have to wait sometimes when she was at the hospital or something but, I know when it was my turn to deliver she was there for me. Her partners would even offer to see me if she was going to be a really long time at the hospital. She does not shirk her responsibility and will tell you the truth even if you don't want to hear it. I was having issues with my child's pediatrician right after my delivery and she called over to that office for me and spoke to another one about accepting us. She has been my doctor for 10 years and I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

Dr. Sumrall is ALWAY VERY LATE. I waited 3 hours in the room with nothing but that paper robe on one time. If she had to go to the hospital, they should have rescheduled me or at least told me to put my clothes back on. It was ridiculous. No one even apologized about it. Plus, Dr. Sumrall is nice, but a little bit odd. However, McComb doesn't have a lot of options, and I think she's probably the best of the bunch.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2009

Dr. Dawn M. Sumrall's Credentials

• Texas A & M University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Arizona Foundation For Medical Care