Ratings for Dr. Tracy L. Hume

Dr. Hume is a good listener. I think communicating with your doctor and staff is a two way street. Being able to describe symptoms is very important even if you have to bring notes to make sure you remember everything you want to say. I had a wonderful visit with Dr. Hume. She took time with me, focused on my medical needs and was very perceptive both personally and professionally. I was 15 minutes early to my appointment to make sure all paperwork was in order . I was called in at a reasonable time and left feeling like I had found a good doctor.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

I made an appointment with her that was a month out. I was given the wrong directions so I was 10 min late to this first appointment as a new patient (Recently moved to town and needed a new local PC.) and most importantly to get refills of my medication for Crohn's and Chronic Depression. I have already waited over a month, going without ANY of my medications, and when I got there and explained I was 10 min late because I had gotten lost, and she refused to see me and scheduled me for Another month out! The receptionist was quite rude and told when I told her I had gotten lost she told me that I should have taken the time to map out where I was going! Very rude indeed! (I grew up in Corvallis and know the hospital/ clinic area well....certainly well enough to know I went to the exact building I was (incorrectly) told to go when I Asked for directions upon scheduling. I didn't need to map out the route, I needed to be told the correct location in the first place! I should have said; "Oh, OK, I'll just put off having a chronic disease for another month, no problem." (These are NOT narcotics, or anything of the sort, btw. It should Not be this hard.) I will be filing a complaint and I am looking for another Dr. asap!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

great personality, and very easy to talk to. i was kind of dropped onto her lap as my previous PC physician had left the area abruptly and i really needed a doctor with experience with older patients and cancer diagnosis as well. with the first visit she was well acquainted with my chart/history and knew where i was in my treatments and had shown genuine interest and knowledge and easily answered the multitude of questions i had. i've been to soooo many doctors of all types in these last few years and she was by far the most informative health care provider i've visited so far. i seldom partake in surveys, but i happened to notice on some other site that she was given a less than favorable review, and thought that perhaps that person may have just happened onto into her office where EVERYONE was having a bad hair day. you know the kind. one bad day doesn't make all the rest equally as bad. i think most people would really enjoy her as a person and a high quality health care provider. there. that's my two cents worth. and likely my very last survey response. ever. mtm

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

After having been seen at the ER for excruciating spine pain (blown L5-4 & S1 as lell as thoracic scoliosis) I was to follow up with her. This doc doesn't even do pain meds and the area has so many drug abusers they placed a hold on giving narcs to basically everyone. So I had an appointment with a doc who is not the best at understanding how to treat chronic pain that flares. She was as well as her back office staff rude and made me feel like a junkie or something. I have lived in this city Albany, OR for 30+ years and she was my 3rd PCP. Obviously not a doc shopper let alone a frequent drug seeker. She did however give me neuro tin that I ended up having an allergy to and had to call the on call doc so the office knew about the incident. I never got a return call. Very unprofessional and I would not return there for ANY reason. I am a RN with experience in clinic office nursing and am appalled at the whole ball of wax! Shame on them and their unkind, hatefulness toward patients!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013