Ratings for Dr. Anthony A. Amato

We had a horrible experience with Dr. Amato and his assistant, Dr. Laura Ann Foster. Dr. Amato was impatient with our questions, brash and rude. Dr. Foster was no better. She was abrupt and curt. Neither doctor has bed side manner nor do they convey even an ounce of empathy. Don't bother with these docs. There are plenty of good ones in Boston.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Brought lab tests, EMG, and described symptoms. After a few routine questions. He said "Mrs.......,in our world there is nothing wrong with you" and dismissed me. Pity the poor people who have to work with this pathetic excuse for a Physician"

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. Amato was arrogant and appeared disinterested. More importantly, he 100% blew the diagnosis. He suggested I either had a very rare condition - which he thought was unlikely - or said that he had no idea what the problem was. Afterwards I found out that the doctor who had referred me to him had correctly speculated as to what the condition was and what the next steps should be. Unfortunately, this doctor felt that Dr. Amato was more expert in the condition I had. Finally, when I asked Dr. Amato in an email for a recommendation for a doctor to go for a second opinion of his diagnosis, he totally ignored the request while at the same time answering several questions. All and all a very, very disappointing experience.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Finally someone diagnosed my CIDP after YEARS of having symptoms that my PCP ignored.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I could not have been more pleased with my appointment with Dr Amato. I first met with an associate who was truly thorough and competant. Then we consulted with Dr Amato who was completely patient, cooperative and informative.I am so happy that I had the introduction and consultation with Dr Amato/

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

There are far better doctors out there. Don't waste your time with him, because that is all you would be doing.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

This doctor is completely arrogant, haughty, and rude. He spent a total of 45 seconds evaluating me and a total of 3 minutes in the room. Careless and disinterested in helping to find answers and treatments, a very poor doctor indeed. I wouldn't recommend him to a dying ant. I would have had better success going to my local vet than to this doctor. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2010

Horrible bed side manner. Actually pushed me on to the bed when I was hospitalized at Brigham & Women's and told the room I was "Depressed." Even if I was, which I wasn't, I have neuroborreliosis, no one deserves to be treated like that.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Waited a long time to get in for appt. He personally spent about 5 minutes with me and offered no answers/explanations. I found his bedside manner to be lacking. Overall waiting to see the "specialist" was a very big dissapointment.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

horrible md. willing to put patents on un-prooven meds, presumably getting perks from pharmacutical company.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008

Dr. Anthony A. Amato's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

MSP/BC Med