Ratings for Dr. Saunder M. Bernes

Dr.Burns has treated my daughter since she was 6 months old she is now 12 she was hospitalized 4 times and he was there all the time he was as stressed out as we were nothing was helping my baby he spent so much time researching her condition he also called the top 5 number 1 neuroligist to check into her condition her seizures was so rare that they all meet up to discuss her even came to see her they were finely able to find her type there so rare that there were 5 children that were diagnosed it there isn't a specific Med for them we truer 3 different meds before we were able to finally get them in control he had to me the out cone of this type wasn't good they don't live past 5 years old she won't crawl,walk it would be Like a new born all the time but guess what my baby crawled at 8 months walked at a year old potty trained at 1 year and is she 12 years old every year those doctors make a special trip to come see her she beat the odds and Dr Burns worked around the clock h e's the best and I'll never change doctors the staff was great w her its like family there and I am very satisfied w there work

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Dr. Bernes has seen and treated my son for seizures for over 8 years. He is extremely knowledgeable, caring and honest. He helped us understand the different treatment options and the relative risks of different treatments. He even helped us get to the bottom of a relatively unusual and difficult to diagnose condition my son experienced. During some particularly difficult times, Dr. Bernes was always available by phone and e-mail for consultation -- and always returned our calls quickly. I can't speak highly enough of him as a doctor. I have occasionally been frustrated with the somewhat disorganized office staff who have had trouble with scheduling and following up, but that seems to have improved in recent years.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Dr. Bernes has been my son's neurologist since he was diagnosed with epilepsy. He has also been honest when giving us information and expected outcomes. He has also let us know when he did not have the answer. He has called us at home just to check on him and has always allowed us our in put and taken our suggestions and even critisim. We visit him in a team with mom, dad and grandma and ask A LOT of questions and he has always taken the time to listen and answer. I can not imagin seeing another Dr!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Dr' Bernes has been treating my 18 year old son since he was about 6 for TBI with seizures. He was amazing at finding the right meds and when we had trouble with one particular med, he listened and knew exactly what we were talking about... and fixed it when no one else had answers. He gave us lots of literature to help educate us about TBI and seizures. He's absolutely amazing.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2008

I was recommeneded to this DR after my new baby started having siezures. He is now 9 months and drugged to the max and is not developing. He is having liver problems and he does not care. He just tells me to call the Ped. I am in the process of getting a second DR. to look at him.. I do not beleive that my son is getting everything he needs from this DR. He was helpful in the begining, now we just seem like every other person he sees and its just dollar signs for him..

flag | Submitted December 12, 2006

Dr. Bernes minimized the seriousness of our daughter's epilepsy. Although her seizures were somewhat under control (6/year), he claimed there was no connection between either academic difficulties or depression and epilepsy. He prescribed an anti-seizure med (Zonegram) that caused suicidal depression and only replaced it with another medicine after she was hospitalized for 9 days in an in-patient facility for suicidal depression. He left her on Zonegram for 19 months when the manufacturers' literature specifically states that depression can be a serious side effect. During these difficult times, Dr. Bernes told me several times that "I asked too many questions." Only by following our instincts as parents did we receive a second opinion (Mayo Clinci) and find that an epileptologist (which Dr. Bernes is not) who evaluated, properly diagnosed and treated out daughter.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2006

Dr. Bernes is a pediatric neurologist. He is an extraordinarily caring physician, and has an incredible knowledge base. He is open and honest, and brings written information for you to take home on your child's situation when he meets with you to discuss treatment. He has treated both of my daughters who have epilepsy. and I could not imagine having gone to anyone else. He made a difficult situation much less scary by his phone calls to check up on them, and his reassurance that we can call him anytime. I wish more doctors were like him.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2006

Dr. Saunder M. Bernes's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1977)

Benesys