Ratings for Dr. Joel P. Jacobson

Dr. Jacobson was thorough and answered all of my questions. He showed me my throat on the computer screen and I felt completely reassured. He prescribed appropriate medication; highly recommended. I am 58 years old and have seen many doctors over the years--this one is a keeper. Unlike the people below me, I liked the staff and I thought the lobby was clean. I picked up an empty Starbucks cup but that was left by a patient who had just left--not the staff's fault!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Jacobson completely dismissed me. Was not helpful at all and shoved a brochure at me for a condition I knew I didn't have, and this was confirmed by a MUCH better ENT, who took the time to find answers. I left humiliated, discouraged and still very afraid of my horrible symptoms. I would never, ever, recommend this doctor to anyone. Terrible experience. Front desk staff also seemed to not have a clue on what they were doing. Lastly, lobby was not clean at all.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

The first time I came to see him I had to wait for 45 minutes and he only spend 13 min with me. My follow-up I scheduled my appointment first thing in the morning, thinking I won't have to wait too long. I was escorted to the room at 8 am. The doctor ran in at 8:15 and said that he will have to look over my test results and he will be right back. Then I heard him going into the room next door talking to another patient (obviously they had 2 patients scheduled to the same time). So, another 15 minutes and finally I was able to have his "undivided" attention ....for 10 minutes, just to hear that he recommend a surgery. No other recommendations were made , I was given a pamphlet to read about the surgery and was told to schedule another appointment before the surgery so he can look into my nose with some tool (at this time he never even looked into my nose). My condition does not require a surgery. At least he could try to make other suggestion just to show that he cared. The worst experience ever !!! Do not recommend.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

Dr. Johnson is very nice, knowledgeable and professional. His office stuff is the worst! They could not follow along w/the doctors recommendations for me. They lost my referral paperwork to UCSF twice; do not follow-up to make sure referrals are received/completed; they have a "I don't care" attitude AND it took me 5 months to get my balance test/Audiogram completed at UCSF! I don't want to go back to this office!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

I was very impressed by Dr. Jacobson's knowledge. I came in with a snoring problem and he was extremely thorough and empathetic as well. His bedside manner is wonderful; he's serious, kind, and extremely professional. He did a thorough exam on my nose and throat and clearly listed out possible options/possible treatments for my condition. He did not immediately recommend surgery, which I liked. I highly recommend him. I did not feel rushed even though he was very busy.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Customer service is non-existant with the staff, in particular the reception. It takes an average of 4 business days to get any sort of response, either it being a question answered from the Dr. himself or his staff. Apologies for their delay in communication are also non existant. Very rude and not at all geared toward patient care.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

I went to see Dr. Jacobson two months ago and was very happy I did. He had great people skills and is a very attentive listener. I would recommend him to anyone who needs an ear specialist and in fact, because I had such a good experience, my husband is going to see him soon too.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

Dr. Jacobson looks like Jay Mohr and he is a very knowledgable and courteous doctor and does great work. He performed my tonsillectomy and a follow-up emergency surgery when I had a bloody throat. I highly recommend him and his practice to anyone who needs ENT work done. -SPC Benjamin Phelps

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

Dr. Joel P. Jacobson's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 2003)

MB Health