Ratings for Dr. Ashwin G. Gaitonde

Dr. Gaitonde is wonderful! Switched to him halfway through my first pregnancy and was so glad I did. He is patient, straightforward and knows his stuff. Both my husband and I are very thankful to have been under his care.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Horrible receptionist service. I never had someone scream like she did to me

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

I found him through my network and he was close to the job. I checked his reviews after my procedure. Now his bedside manner and the way that he makes you feel as a patient are impeccable. When time came for me to do my surgery I was given the run around the whole time. The nurse told me one date but he had no knowledge of it a second assistant called ans she knew nothing of it either. The original one said that she never said that but later called me back to tell me that day was not available 😒(I'm confused) why are you calling me about something you never told me? After my surgery the hospital woke me up out of my sleep at 1 am to put me out because it's a day surgery. I didn't go in at the time I was scheduled to through no fault of my own. Then I asked him if he could give me extra time off. He as MY Dr told me my job would not allow him to do so . they sent me back to work on a Friday exactly 6 weeks after. Honestly my body is STILL drained and I am not up to doing work at this point. I usually don't do this, but if you are looking for someone to listen to how you feel as a patient he is not the one. Needless to say I'm looking for someone who will listen to what I have to say about hoe my body feels.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

He was always in a hurry and seemed a little condescending.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Great staff. Dr Gaitonde is ok, but seemed better at his job & much nicer a few years ago.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

This is the Best OBGYN you can find in the Dallas area. He is incredible. I have never felt so comfortable with a Doctor in my life. My daughter will be two years old soon, and I will always remember and be so thankful for everything he did while I was pregnant with my little one. Dr. Gaitonde took me in while I was in the middle of my pregnancy, and switching over to him was the best move I made while I was pregnant. He made my entire first time mom experience an amazing and memorable experience. I totally recommend him. He is so personable, friendly, trustworthy, caring, and overall a great choice. This Doctor will take time out of his busy schedule, and call you himself, just to check up on how you are doing. I give him 5/5 stars, and a 100% rating.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I had a similar experience as a previous commenter. I always felt rushed at my appointments, and really felt it would have been a problem if this had been my first pregnancy. I let it go because Dr. G seems very competent and was very polite, even to the point of feeling like a friend. I did have a complication that I'd had previously, and one that could be managed to prevent or reduce impact on my baby. Dr. G was always very reassuring, even when I admitted I wasn't doing the best I could at managing my diet and when the sono tech was warning me the size of the baby was getting too big. He put me on a medicine I was unfamiliar with and told me everything would be fine. My baby did end up spending four nights in NICU due to what I thought were preventable problems. When I tried to open a conversation with him about why this happened, I got what felt like a textbook asnwer that avoided admitting that it was preventable or that anything he or I did or did not do contributed. He even suggested that it should be the pediatrician's job now to determine why this happened. When I pushed it and asked specifically about other women's outcomes on the medicine I'm unfamiliar with, I was chastised for not trusting him as a caregiver, and mentioned things that had happened throughout the pregnancy. I got the impression that he found me highly irritating, despite having thought moments earlier that he was my friend. Ladies, please know this about medicine. Research is actually linking higher patient satisifaction rates with worse outcomes. Doctors who are nice and friendly and avoid difficult issues may be more likeable and make you feel better, but a doctor who will tell you the hard stuff when you need to change your behaviors for your own or your baby's health will do you more good in the long run.

Submitted January 28, 2015

I can not express how amazing Dr. G is and how much I appreciate him. I have been seeing my aunt, who is a NP at an OBGYN office for 15 years and when I got pregnant, she was the one I went to see and had planned on her office delivering. But, when something came up on the sonogram that needed to be handled by a high-risk doctor, I was sent to Dr. G. I was very nervous about seeing a new doctor, especially halfway through my pregnancy, but as soon as I met him, I felt like God had sent me to him for a very good reason. He was nothing short of amazing and I absolutely adore him. My baby is almost 2 now and I plan on having another one in a couple of years and will for sure be back with Dr. G for that delivery too!!!!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

I hate publicly criticizing, but I also often rely on online reviews when deciding between a few recommendations. So I appreciate honest reviews (not just from the people who take time to review because of how much they loved their doctors). He may typically be a great doctor, but my experience wasn't as great as the previous reviewers. I don't have any major complaints about my first pregnancy. I had planned to use someone else for my 2nd, but changed my mind after getting pregnant again. I wish I hadn't, but overall, everything was fine (just not great). The morning after my 2nd son was born, I decided not to use him for anything again. Nothing too terrible, but I hate that he made a small mistake (baby is completely fine & I do realize that no doctor is always perfect) & didn't bother to apologize or even mention it. That really bothered me, even if all other doctors would have made that same mistake. Also, unlike the reviews I read before my 2nd pregnancy, I usually felt rushed & only asked 1 of the very few questions I had because of this. I loved his nurse though, & everyone else in their office seemed nice.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Dr. Gaitonde is amazing. He personally returns my calls, so I hear feedback directly instead of second hand from a nurse. I never feel like I am being rushed through my appointment, and he always explains my options thoroughly. This is the first doctor I have visited that made me feel like a valued client and patient.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Dr. Ashwin G. Gaitonde's Credentials

• Konkani

• Texas A & M University College Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)