Ratings for Dr. Shane Prettyman

I find Dr. Prettyman to be absolutely wonderful. I first saw him as a follow up to an ER visit and he took time to discuss medical problems unrelated to my original visit (Came in for lady problems, discussed adjusting my thyroid levels). Today I called to see if they could sneak me in for a "sick patient" appointment, they saw me as soon as I arrived. He listened to my concerns, talked about my relevant past history, and addressed my problems. I always leave his office happy because he really takes the time to listen to and talk to patients. The staff is also nice and courteous. The office is clean and I never have to wait long.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I didn't like him at all. He was totally rude when I tried to talk to him about how awful my morning sickness was & offered "Ginger Ale." Try n/v for 16-weeks & see how responsive you are to Ginger ale. Totally aloof.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Talk about wonderful ! He is so great , so talkative makes the entire appointment feel so personal. I have seen all the doctors at the location he works and he surpasses all of them beyond what you can imagine . I didn't want to see him at first because I thought he was too young and good looking lol but I was so wrong because he is an amazing doctor and I recommend him to the anyone. You won't regret it , I promise .

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Prettyman by my midwife after having a c-section with my first son. From the beginning of my pregnancy with my second son, I had my heart set on a VBAC. He was more than supportive and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience. I went on to have the VBAC and everything went smoothly. He actually listens and works with you. He was open to my opinions and never pushed any one treatment. I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Since part of the reason I chose Dr. Prettyman was this site (I researched loads!), I thought it only fair that I write my experience so far. I couldn't be happier with my decision. First, he is so kind; bedside manor is extraordinary. He listens to me as a patient, understands my concerns and he has not tried to sway me in any direction as far as my treatment. I ask questions, I do my research and if I decide that I do not want to go forward with a particular treatment, we take that off the table and explore other options. I like the fact that he is the type of doctor that will work WITH you. Also, thanks to Dr. Prettyman I have begun my journey to being smoke-free after 22 years of smoking; with out the preachy, stern and obnoxious type stuff you get from most Dr's. He talked to me about my smoking habit like a normal person. We discussed other options I had tried in the past, and he OFFERED something for me to TRY. I decided to give it a go, and I think if he had a different approach I wouldn't have taken that step.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

He is great! I am a first time mother and was very nervous at my first appointment. He asked about me and who I was and was generally interested in making my experience more comfortable. I would recommend him to any expecting parents

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Don't be deterred by his low amount of experience. Dr. Prettyman is an excellent doctor. He's extremely knowledgable, and will explain anything you ask about in good detail. His bedside manner is amazing. When our baby's heart rate started slowing down during contractions, he sat down and explained all the reasons why the heart might slow down, and he was completely honest about his concerns. When we went in for a c-section, he kept us calm and even played music of our choice in the OR. He made our first time experience much less frightening and did an excellent job on the surgery.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

Dr. Shane Prettyman's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morgantown, WV