Ratings for Dr. Amos Grunebaum

Dr.Grunebaum was always in a rush, mechanical, dismissed all the questions, emails & phone calls remind unanswered, bed side manners are terrible, I felt like an intruder during every visit. His assistant kept nagging me for the fact that I gained 8 more pounds then I was supposed to. Because of them, my first pregnancy instead of being this wonderful time turned into a cycle of unpleasant monthly visits. Dr.Grunebaum asked me to make a decision about my delivery without explaining the consequences. When I asked for his advice, he replied “It’s your choice, you have to make this decision”… Yes, but I wish it has been an informed decision and I believe he should be there to guide me. I ranked him as "unknowledgeable" because besides reading about his accomplishments and seeing his high ranking, I personally did not benefit from this knowledge. He never answered my questions and my delivery took over 40 hours. A doctor like dr.Grunebaum should focus on research, not work with patients.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

Distracted, spends at most 5 minutes with you, not only does he not explain anything, he expects you to know the answers. Most disturbing - he is not detailed oriented, you have to manage all aspects of your care, timing of tests. Probably has a wealth of knowledge, but does not share any. Bedside manners blunt, rushed, at times plain dismissive.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

What a great doctor. Very sensitive and knowledgable. I can't imagine anyone better to see when you are trying to get pregnant and during pregnancy and delivery.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

His credentials could not be better but on a personal level I find him very cold. The feeling that I get every time I come for my appointment is that he treats me not as a person but a machine that he has to check. I know he is one of the best doctors in his field so I've decided to ignore his impersonal ways and treat him as a machine too - a machine that gives my pregnancy the most accurate diagnostic. The main thing is that I feel safe with him as a doctor and this is what really matters to me.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

great doctor, very happy with him, very professional.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

Straightforward doctor, knows his stuff. Great besdide manners. Exactky what you need when your pregnancy is high risk.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2008

Dr. Amos Grunebaum's Credentials

• Univ Zu Koln, Med Fak, Koln, Germany (407-22 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1974)

Secure Horizons