Ratings for Dr. John F. Peppin

Still can't believe he is practicing elsewhere when he up and left a huge practice full of patients with less than a month to find a doctor willing to take them on as a patient. He must have gone through 5 nurse practitioners or physicians assistants in my five years there.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

I to was a patient. I too was dropped when he left town. no support. Cold turkey off fentynol. If you have'nt been through it, you wouldn't believe it. He is now at Pain Treatment Center of the Bluegrass. Lexington, Kentucky. www.pain-ptc.com. Please let the people down there know what happened in DSM, Iowa

flag | Submitted October 25, 2009

Dr Peppin left because the feds were onto him!! I was a patient, he used me as a lab RAT!! he had me on 320mg of methadone and 120mg of hydromorphone daily. my current Docs don't understand how I am alive!! they have tried to bring me down from these meds and I almost died twice. I have to stay on this dose because of him. This Dr. has turned out more drug addicts and drug dealers in the Desmoines area that he should be in the worlds record. He lied and dropped me as a pt by saying I used profanity at the front desk because my other docs were questioning his practice. I know there people that have given him negative ratings arent lying because I went thru everything these people have and more. I even LOST MY KIDS because of the state he had my life in. I know he lied and filed false police reports on people because he made me lie for him in order to keep my medicine. I know his staff was crooked because his secretary took a prescription pad and along with her husband she sold Oxyc

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN EVER! He will get you hooked on some serious meds and if you can not pee on cue while a nurse is watching you he dumps you. Even if you went before your visit and had no idea you would get tested is no excuse for him. I had been seeing him for 3 years or more and with ZERO problems ever and he dropped me like a hot potato! I went through serious withdraws to the point of wanting to kill myself and I ended up in a lock down facility. I have never, ever had any mental issues before in my life till I got hooked on pain meds he prescribed to me. This has been over 5 years since this happened (2003) and I am just now getting my life back, it is 2008. Horrible, horrible experience I received from him, I wonder how many others are in the same boat? He had a lot of turnover in his staff, makes a person wonder, huh? This guy had me on 100 mg's of methadone and over 120 mg's of oxycodones A DAY! and dropped me just like that. I had been on that dose for a wh

flag | Submitted July 20, 2008

THIS MAN CREATED ADDICTS. HE ONLY WANTED TO TREAT PATIENTS WHEN HE FELT LIKE IT. HEARTLESS, TOLD ME LIES, DID NOT HELP ME AT ALL. WAS AFRAID TO TOUCH PATIENTS. MAYBE WE WERE NOT CLEAN TO HIM. VERY BAD DR. WHO THINKS ONLY OF HIMSELF. TOO BAD, DOCTOR FIRST DO NO HARM. YOU DID MUCH HARM TO MANY.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

flag | Submitted September 6, 2007

Urine spec are expensive when need to ck drug amts. Cannot be dropped without some help getting off narcotics suddenly. Always take meds as ordered. Wondered if he had me confused with another patient. Mood swings with staff.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2007

Dr. Peppin was a great doctor. however his office staff wasnt very good and I was upset when he left and I never recieved a letter and I was with him for several years. I am now left to fend for myself. I would personally like to know why he left.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2007

This guy STINKS!!!! FYI...he is no longer in practice in Iowa...suddenly in the south for some reason...hmmmm! Good riddens you uncaring man!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

I went there for over a year with no problems never had any issue what so ever then one day they say it is time to pee in a cup! Well I just went on the way there and couldn't urinate evenm after a lot of water. So the drop me as a patient after having me on some seriou narcotics. No help at all for withdrawing off the amount they had me on. It was a LOT of opiate medication too! I went through hell for almost 2 months!I lost my job cause I could not work. The doctor or staff would not even talk to me! With a nurse watching you all the way. I am a male I was quite humiliated to say the least. BAD DEAL I will never go back there again. I found a better doc a more compassionate one. Dr Peppin is only in it for the money not really helping you. He found a niche where he can make a killing. Who isn't? How many times has anyone here that has seen him ever went in to an empty office? I would venture to guess.........NONE!Why? Cause there are not many practicing pain control in Des Moines.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2007

Dr. John F. Peppin's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1992)